Don't mention the war?

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It's true but what point are you trying to make about Putin's war crimes?

I wasn't making any point about Putin, as I don't know enough about either the reasons for going to war or how the war is going.

All I know is that when wars are involved propaganda makes it difficult to know what is true or not. I've seen some tv news items on Al Jazira that looked to me to be faked, but that happens in every conflict.

I'll leave it to others to be putting stuff on here as if it is gospel.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All I know is that when wars are involved propaganda makes it difficult to know what is true or not

But what we do have the chance to see/hear/read is just the one side only, isn't it? But do we doubt that's not true?   

55 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Isn't it a surprise for the people who like to claim their "unbiased" view that the Russian accusations are never true, unlike the accusations of Ukraine?

Then, it would also be useless to hear/read what few days ago the director of French intelligence research Eric Dénécé said in an interview with CNews in France (also on YouTube), that Zelensky should apologise for being the source of the conflict. 

Do you have a link in English to those claims on the interview with Eric Deneen?

I’d hate to think you were making assertions out of context.

The French haven’t got a very good reputation on intelligence. The French Military Spy Chief just quit having failed to predict that Russia would invade Ukraine.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20220331-french-military-spy-chief-quits-after-failure-to-predict-russian-invasion

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

The French haven’t got a very good reputation on intelligence. The French Military Spy Chief just quit having failed to predict that Russia would invade Ukraine.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20220331-french-military-spy-chief-quits-after-failure-to-predict-russian-invasion

My understanding is he was fired. An added reason was the loss of the submarine contract with Australia, Macron was pretty furious about that.

51 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Do you have a link in English to those claims on the interview with Eric Deneen?

I’d hate to think you were making assertions out of context.

Do you really think that such a link can stay here for a minute?

"Making assertions out of context"? You know nothing about  the interview but speaking about "making assertions"? ????    (Google is your friend and there are sites with translated transcript)

BTW, it's not Deneen, but Eric Dénécé

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My understanding is he was fired. An added reason was the loss of the submarine contract with Australia, Macron was pretty furious about that.

Was he fired? Any more "assertions"?

There are also others who are not speaking in the narrative of the MSM propaganda but calling a spade a spade.

For instance Peter Hitchens few days ago. 

11 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Do you really think that such a link can stay here for a minute?

"Making assertions out of context"? You know nothing about  the interview but speaking about "making assertions"? ????    (Google is your friend and there are sites with translated transcript)

BTW, it's not Deneen, but Eric Dénécé

As I thought, you make a claim but cannot provide a link to back it up. Next time when making assertions or quoting an interview from a supposed expert then unless we can have a link to see for ourselves it’s just hearsay on your part alone.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

As I thought, you make a claim but cannot provide a link to back it up. Next time when making assertions or quoting an interview from a supposed expert then unless we can have a link to see for ourselves it’s just hearsay on your part alone.

Plenty of hearsay going on and not just one sided..

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

We, as in the west have free media that is not censored by state controls.

Odd you think that because I was one of the people censoring the media in the west (UK division).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Odd you think that because I was one of the people censoring the media in the west (UK division).

I have a few friends that moderate inappropriate comments on their blogs also..............

What did you censor and just how long ago was that?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Saanim said:

But what we do have the chance to see/hear/read is just the one side only, isn't it? But do we doubt that's not true?   

The other side is out there and easy to find, you just can't quote it here unless it meets prescribed standards.

Edited by ozimoron

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

We, as in the west have free media that is not censored by state controls. Free media that if you pop over to Fox news and the like you can tune into Putin apologists such Tucker Carlson. Free media means  the right of newspapers, magazines, etc., to report news without being controlled by the government. Investigative journalism that uncovers and exposes corruption without being fearful of getting murdered by the state.

Do the free media decide what to censor and what not to?  I have heard that the free media had censored sitting president, that's quite unique in the world history. But perhaps it was a Russian lie. Something like about a somebody's laptop - forgot the name. Then it's better to censor it, isn't it?   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Do the free media decide what to censor and what not to?  I have heard that the free media had censored sitting president, that's quite unique in the world history. But perhaps it was a Russian lie. Something like about a somebody's laptop - forgot the name. Then it's better to censor it, isn't it?   

If thats got something to do with the war in Ukraine and on topic, feel free to provide a link to your claims so I can review it. In the meantime I suggest all those questions should be something for you to reflect on.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Free media publish what they choose.  A free media poses the threat that big media players may promote their own agenda, but minority media can still publish, as much as they are able, their own differing views.  A free media is not required to publish government opinions, although they may choose to do so.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Saanim said:

It's so easy to catch them in misinformation, isn't it?

Google apparently censors by making it difficult to see sites they don't like, but that's just what I read, and I don't have a link. I do know that that twit thing cancelled the president of the USA.

and yet, we have posters telling us as if it's true that we have a free media in the west. Free to censor and cancel, I guess.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's so easy to catch them in misinformation, isn't it?

Google apparently censors by making it difficult to see sites they don't like, but that's just what I read, and I don't have a link. I do know that that twit thing cancelled the president of the USA.

and yet, we have posters telling us as if it's true that we have a free media in the west. Free to censor and cancel, I guess.

A free media does not need to publish.  If Twitter won't publish, then a buffoon can take his nonsense elsewhere to get it published.    

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Plenty of hearsay going on and not just one sided..

I was not addressing a post with general hearsay I was addressing a post that made a specific claim of a quote. So asked for a link to support it. Your input is noted.

22 minutes ago, Saanim said:

If it is not in English then it cannot be true, can it? Can it be in Ukrainian? Unfortunately, some of their stations - and parties - were also taken down.

Then, when searched what Peter Hitchens says - in English - it can help to know another views...

If it’s not in English then it’s impossible for me to watch it and make a judgment on whether it’s true or not.

Edited by coolcarer
  • Like 1