Any decent english breakfast in jomtien, i have troubles to find any?

TacoKhun

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Tara Court has always been good.

And Pig & Whistle if it is still there.

Both P&Ws; in Pattaya and Jomtien; have bitten the dust a long time ago. Shame x 2.

Continental, just down from Jomtien to Swampy bus terminal, have a very big variety of brekkies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Both P&Ws; in Pattaya and Jomtien; have bitten the dust a long time ago. Shame x 2.

Continental, just down from Jomtien to Swampy bus terminal, have a very big variety of brekkies.

Yes, very nice kippers there.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:18 AM, Jingthing said:

Sacrilege I know but Big Kahuna does a nice American pancake breakfast in that range.

Two large buttermilk pancakes (butter and syrup), choice of bacon/ham/American style sausage patty, two eggs your choice, coffee with refills.

Also in half size if you're a bird. 

Nice to see another regular, though i am taking their small pancake breakfast, love the coffee

Sorry, Not on Jomtien but for those with Bikes

Both Caddy Shack and Tara Court have Breakfast around 150 Baht inc Coffee.

Both do nice Poached eggs, Bigger Gut-buster Breakfasts available not sure prices

Nice Aircon surroundings and NOT noisy. Bangkok Post available.

Caddy shack has his own sausage Rolls and Pies normally ready by 11am.

I'm happy to hear Back Fabrik still exist, if you want a German breakfast.  Top quality there but not cheap.  

English breakfast over 200 baht is not really worth it, make your own at home if you can. 

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, champers said:

Thanks for the tip, had a great English for 165. They also have great selection of cakes.

20230311_104306.jpg

20230311_110934.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:18 AM, Jingthing said:

Sacrilege I know but Big Kahuna does a nice American pancake breakfast in that range.

Its been a long time that I would have liked to try a Big Kahuna - unless I get shot shortly afterwards of course. Can be found on google maps I  suppose. Beans and pankakes on the other hand are a sacriledge. ????

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

As a historical note, I wonder if these brekkies were begun by Henry VIII?

KING HENRY VIII

I thought they were a Jewish thing - breaking the fast.

Henry VIII was a Catholic, then a Protestant.

It will be in the bible somewhere.

Edited by champers

17 hours ago, moogradod said:

Its been a long time that I would have liked to try a Big Kahuna - unless I get shot shortly afterwards of course. Can be found on google maps I  suppose. Beans and pankakes on the other hand are a sacriledge. ????

Big Kahuna has been closed for some time.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Some people find bacon and eggs a much more attractive proposition for breakfast than fish!

Mmmmm.........kippers with well buttered Hovis!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Big Kahuna has been closed for some time.

Procrastination did it again. I should more live according to my principles like: If you see a chance, take it - now. Dont't wait.

Now I have to comb through all the various inputs "re: Best Burger in Pattaya" again. And I prefer beef in the burger. ts a long time and I feel inclined for a burger although it is difficult to eat

On 3/30/2022 at 8:35 PM, LarrySR said:

The German place on Jomtien 2nd.Rd., Back Fabrik has an extensive breakfast menu with choices you just don't see anyplace else.

I haven't noticed the "English Breakfast" option because I don't eat <deleted>.

Don't Germans eat Speck, or ham for breakfast?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Don't Germans eat Speck, or ham for breakfast?

As with everything else, taste is mostly individual and not totally connected to a nationality. Although I could imagine examples where it is.

What makes a German breakfast distinctive from all other breakfasts ? I would say lets start with traditional things which are included most of the time:

1. A Brötchen ("Frühstücksbrötchen", white bread with crispy surface and soft content. The size is maybe a bit smaller then a fist). This kind of bread is rarely seen outside Germany. Never seen any in Thailand.

2. Jam: Germans make phantastic jam, but for orange marmelade I prefer thick cut seville orange english marmelade (Waitrose makes a phantasic orange marmelade)

3. Eggs. The traditional way for a German breakfast would be to cook it in water, put it then in a stand and cut off the upper edge with a knife. It is difficult to cook this kind of egg because you need to achieve the softness you desire. Then there are of course fried eggs as well as well is an omlet. None of these I would regard as "not matching with a German breakfast".

4. Coffee. Traditional is filtered coffee, not espresso. Some prefer tea, but coffee is the preferred choice I think.

Some slices of cooked ham are never wrong to go with your Brötchen or Croissant.

You mention the "Speck". Indeed there are 3 different kind of bacons. Its the same meat but different in the grade it is cooked (from hard to soft). A classy buffet breakfast offers all three. I prefer more the soft style, sometimes the hard ones are too crispy.

Then the standard juices (for a German breakfast it is orangejuice). But I prefer as well infused water or exoctic fruit. Higher class buffets offer as well some champagne which you may as well mix with the juice.

Then you might add some milk with cornflakes and sugar. The bread may as well be exchanged for a french croissant or a toast. But the traditional way is the cooked "Frühstücksei". I prefer Egg Bénédict instead.

Depending on the offerings I would then opt for a Miso-Soup, some bits of sushi and a small indian curry. Maybe some pieces of fresh fruit.

What I experience that Germans would less choose saussages, I would not either . And I have never seen a German tasting what seems indispensalbe for a British brreakfast: Beans.

One of the better buffets is offered by the Centara Grand in Hua Hin. The biggest bufffet I have have ever seen in Thailand is found in the Amari Watergate Hotel in BKK - Indian owned and therefore a bit tending to this side.

Edited by moogradod
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bread roll?( I prefer crumpets or Mothers Pride). Boiled eggs hard to cook? Coffee or tea? Brotchen or croissant with jam? Cornflakes? Orange juice? Miso soup and curry? Speck, bacon or ham it's all dead pig! 

German breakfast????

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Bread roll?( I prefer crumpets or Mothers Pride). Boiled eggs hard to cook? Coffee or tea? Brotchen or croissant with jam? Cornflakes? Orange juice? Miso soup and curry? Speck, bacon or ham it's all dead pig! 

German breakfast????

My first 4 items in the post are typical for a German breakfast. The other things are more of "my German breakfast". Plese read it carefully. I tried to make my answer as understandable as I can for a non initiate. I have been eating strictly real German breakfasts for years.

The eggs are NOT hard completely boiled as such, but the degree to what they are is the secret. A "Bread Roll" is not a "Frühstücksbrötchen". As I said it is wildly unknown. I like dead pig. Even not cooked. It is then called "Mett". Goes well with a Brötchen and in the evening with a beer (Kölsch, Pils etc.).

To eat cereals for breakfast is as German as can be. I have a German Passport. If you think you know better then please go ahead.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moogradod said:

To eat cereals for breakfast is as German as can be

And American, British and Aussie and many more.

I worked in Germany for many years, and had all the things you quote for breakfasts.

There are many people in UK who have British passports, and I assume in Germany also, but who eat much different stuff for breakfast eg curry, kebabs, pasta, etc etc

Edited by KannikaP

On 3/31/2022 at 7:18 AM, balo said:

I'm happy to hear Back Fabrik still exist, if you want a German breakfast.  Top quality there but not cheap.  

English breakfast over 200 baht is not really worth it, make your own at home if you can. 

Nor is a German breakfast.