My fat theory

Sparktrader

You fat theory cause have been a public proven theory by clinical researchers for years. Your solution not proven and a bit more complex than just add supplements.

Increased muscle mass is a good start for most to loose fat, and to increase muscles, you need to have a proper healthy diet

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You fat theory cause have been a public proven theory by clinical researchers for years. Your solution not proven and a bit more complex than just add supplements.

Increased muscle mass is a good start for most to loose fat, and to increase muscles, you need to have a proper healthy diet

Doctors said that for 30 years doesnt work

People give up weights

Eat junk

Why??????

Just now, Berkshire said:

So your solution is supplements?  Seriously?  You can take all the supplements you want.  But if you're porking out every meal and not exercising, you will gain weight.  Especially as you get older. 

Simple solution is to burn more calories than you take in.  That's it, and that's all.

No. Start by addressing the root cause of weight gain ie stress.

Fix that and the rest becomes more easy.

Lower stress first

Cravings drop

Diet falls into place

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Doctors said that for 30 years doesnt work

People give up weights

Eat junk

Why??????

Training can lover cortisol, and cure depression, but if you do not like training, then it will not cure anything, then it is just another added stress factor to someones daily life. 

However not everybody who is fat is stressed or depressed. 

Supplements is often part of a change because you do something that maybe lead to a change in the way you thinking, a placebo effect, and ehen you feel a bit better, easier to take other grips that leads to an effect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Training can lover cortisol, and cure depression, but if you do not like training, then it will not cure anything, then it is just another added stress factor to someones daily life. 

However not everybody who is fat is stressed or depressed. 

Supplements is often part of a change because you do something that maybe lead to a change in the way you thinking, a placebo effect, and ehen you feel a bit better, easier to take other grips that leads to an effect. 

I see fat people exercising daily

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Again, the amount of exercise, what you do, what you eat and drink, how you think and feel, your sleep,  so many factors. 

But the easy answer is enough hard training and a proper diet, will in most cases cure overweight 

Yet 30 years on 50% still fat

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Sub-chronic treatment with an extract of hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) significantly reduces cortisol and corticosterone in the rat brain.12 Apr 2006

I had low vitamin D, and for me taking high doses made my changes in my time and I lost 16 kg 3 months. Of course it was not solely vitamin d, but a part of the change in the beginning, and vitamin d was not the only reason, there was a chain of reasons leading to lack of vitamin d before, and of course lack of vitamin d can cause depression etc

No need to add supplements before you know what you need. 

Just now, Hummin said:

I had low vitamin D, and for me taking high doses made my changes in my time and I lost 16 kg 3 months. Of course it was not solely vitamin d, but a part of the change in the beginning, and vitamin d was not the only reason, there was a chain of reasons leading to lack of vitamin d before, and of course lack of vitamin d can cause depression etc

Cod liver oil vit d

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Cod liver oil vit d

I needed 5000 iu for many months before I had acceptable levels, so therefor I moved to Thailand as one of the reasons to get enough sun.  I used to live in Western and Northern Norway for a long time, eat alot of fresh fat fish weekly, but still not enough. 

The administration of vitamin E led to a decrease of cortisol levels in 24 hours (from 7.6 +/- 9.5 to 4.2 +/- 0.2 nmol/l) as well as to a significant increase (p < 0.05) of plasma vitamin E levels 26 h after administration (from 2.52 +/- 1.36 to 12.28 +/- 6.14 mumol/l).

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I eat 3 different types of nuts every morning in my oatmeal, should cover my needs.

And only 3-4 nuts of each

Ok

35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Cod liver oil vit d

41 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I see fat people exercising daily

Because its not just exercise, its diet too. You can have all kind of theories fine. But when people eat less and burn more they all lose weight. Deficiencies can never ever stop you from losing weight. (maybe slow you down a bit)

Its so simple if you eat to more then you burn you gain weight if you burn more then you eat you lose weight.

Sure depression and hormones can make you want to eat more but its the eating that causes you to become fat not the stress directly.

I been reading about fat loss and fighting with it for many many years. I can tell you one thing. There are no secret diets no secret deficiencies (ok Thyroid but you can test that).

Its all about eating right and (for the best result) exercising. Most studies show that people who exercise and diet lose the most fat (not necessarily the most weight but its about fat not weight)

Is it easy, no its not. Can you do it, sure you can if you really want it.

For your theory to be true the people in WW2 concentration camp (surely had deficiencies) and stress would never lose weight. Yet they died and before that looked like living skeletons. So sure it could maybe slow things down but not stop things. 

Good example is the Minnesota starving experiment. Just look it upl.

Now I do take my supplements but they are not what caused me to lose 20kg in the last 4 months. (i let go because of stress and did not care about what i ate and now leaner then ever before). Wat made me lose the weight was no magic diet with no carbs or no fat or whatever. 

Just mainly food i prepared myself and veggies / complex carbs / proteins and cutting out sugary drinks and other liquid calories. Plus i started to row every morning (already did weight lifting).

The secret was just eating less and exercise for extra burn and preservation of muscle.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

So maybe people dont want then

People cant be bothered to make meaningful changes as it takes time and effort. Most prefer to drink their beers eat their processed foods and so on. 

Its a matter of priorities, my GF trying to lose weight too (she can do it easier then i do) but messes it up with drinking sessions so the does not get as lean as she wants. Why because she likes fun, that is more important to her then being super lean (or at least it was)

If it was up to me id eat fast food every day if it did not matter. But i choose to eat what i eat to be lean. People want it all and don't want to give up too much.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

For your theory to be true the people in WW2 concentration camp (surely had deficiencies) and stress would never lose weight. Yet they died and before that looked like living skeletons. So sure it could maybe slow things down but not stop things. 

Good example is the Minnesota starving experiment. Just look it upl.

Now I do take my supplements but they are not what caused me to lose 20kg in the last 4 months. (i let go because of stress and did not care about what i ate and now leaner then ever before). Wat made me lose the weight was no magic diet with no carbs or no fat or whatever. 

Just mainly food i prepared myself and veggies / complex carbs / proteins and cutting out sugary drinks and other liquid calories. Plus i started to row every morning (already did weight lifting).

The secret was just eating less and exercise for extra burn and preservation of muscle.

Liquid calories or no calories that spikes insulin, or anything that spikes insulin between meals is a good thing to quit.

I never use low diet products, more important to feel full, than constant eat something when feel the need.

• Like 1

I am not saying its easy for everyone unfortunately some people lose weight slower then others. I am saying everyone can lose some weight if they want too. Problem is people lose weight and go back to their old habits.

I won't say that losing the weight i lost was easy (first part was but when getting leaner it got harder). I was doubting myself at times as things stalled. Problem is accurate tracking is hard. Some people (me included) seem to lose fat then hold on to water and much later lose that water. So the scales don't always show the progress.

That can demotivate people (and it certainly did). It almost made me give up a few times. But i pushed through and still am. I want to go even lower like beach body style. 

Worst thing about losing weight is tracking it (i advise a tape measure and the scales) and giving it time. Not rushing it as it needs to be sustainable.