My fat theory

Sparktrader

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

For your theory to be true the people in WW2 concentration camp (surely had deficiencies) and stress would never lose weight. Yet they died and before that looked like living skeletons. So sure it could maybe slow things down but not stop things. 

Good example is the Minnesota starving experiment. Just look it upl.

Now I do take my supplements but they are not what caused me to lose 20kg in the last 4 months. (i let go because of stress and did not care about what i ate and now leaner then ever before). Wat made me lose the weight was no magic diet with no carbs or no fat or whatever. 

Just mainly food i prepared myself and veggies / complex carbs / proteins and cutting out sugary drinks and other liquid calories. Plus i started to row every morning (already did weight lifting).

The secret was just eating less and exercise for extra burn and preservation of muscle.

Ww2 were starving

Stress causes over eating

They had little food to eat

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Liquid calories or no calories that spikes insulin, or anything that spikes insulin between meals is a good thing to quit.

I never use low diet products, more important to feel full, than constant eat something when feel the need.

Insulin people seem to think its that evil but even insulin can't stop fat loss if your eating less then you burn. I mean if you eat less you won't be having huge insulin spikes. 

I do feel hungry at times but that is just how it is for me. As i said before different people have to put in different kinds of effort (also depending on their goal and speed they want to lose weight).

Some people are just more lucky then others genes do play a part too. But that does not mean people can't lose weight. You just have to make sure you don't compare yourself with others too much. 

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Ww2 were starving

Stress causes over eating

They had little food to eat

Yes that is my point its about the food and yes stress causes overeating. I know that is why i got fat during covid even though i was exercising. Exercise is all nice but when you don't control your food it wont work.

So find the cause of your stress and try to remove it. Supplements alone wont do that.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes that is my point its about the food and yes stress causes overeating. I know that is why i got fat during covid even though i was exercising. Exercise is all nice but when you don't control your food it wont work.

So find the cause of your stress and try to remove it. Supplements alone wont do that.

Ok

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Kidnap victim 10 years ago

They fed him bread only

After 50 days he was released and fat

Look mate you just admitted the WW2 people did not eat much. The kidnap victim only ate bread but probably too much of it.  Stress will make you eat more but it won't change your ability to lose weight. 

But its easier of course if you remove the stress, but do you think the kidnap victim would be ok if he was fed an anti stress supplement ? I highly doubt it would help enough.

I take anti stress supplements like ashwagandha  but it cant caunter stress totally. Supplements are just that supplements. Try to remove the stress first supplements only wont do that.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Insulin people seem to think its that evil but even insulin can't stop fat loss if your eating less then you burn. I mean if you eat less you won't be having huge insulin spikes. 

I do feel hungry at times but that is just how it is for me. As i said before different people have to put in different kinds of effort (also depending on their goal and speed they want to lose weight).

Some people are just more lucky then others genes do play a part too. But that does not mean people can't lose weight. You just have to make sure you don't compare yourself with others too much. 

As long I stay around 18% fat I'm happy, and feel good. And have no cravings.

I spend lots of money on all kinds of things even tried HGH and other stuff. Some things help a little bit but in the end it really is about what you eat, more importantly how much you eat.

If you eat a big bowl of salad and some protein you will be fuller then for instance if you eat a piece of cake. So what you eat matters how you feel and how much you eat. But the mechanism stays the same eat less then you burn.

Personally if your stressed find out what it is try to remove it. Then change what you eat (less processed foods no liquid carbs). Do some exercise (not for the fat burn but to keep muscle and to feel good and it helps against stress too).

But really you need to permanently change what you eat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Look mate you just admitted the WW2 people did not eat much. The kidnap victim only ate bread but probably too much of it.  Stress will make you eat more but it won't change your ability to lose weight. 

But its easier of course if you remove the stress, but do you think the kidnap victim would be ok if he was fed an anti stress supplement ? I highly doubt it would help enough.

I take anti stress supplements like ashwagandha  but it cant caunter stress totally. Supplements are just that supplements. Try to remove the stress first supplements only wont do that.

If they fed him spirulina he would have lost weight

Over the last two years I have dropped from 90kg to 75kg.

No exercising, no change of diet.

Smaller portions of what I usually eat and most importantly, each time before I eat something, I ask myself "are you hungry"?

Surprising how many times the answer is "no".

I only eat if I'm hungry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

As long I stay around 18% fat I'm happy, and feel good. And have no cravings.

Oh sure 18% is easy to maintain and also a healthy amount of fat. Im on my way to 10% so yea i have some cravings. But its just a personal challenge.

That is what i mean how low do you want to go and so on. Going to 18% that is not that hard and staying there is also not that hard. 

It also depends on how fast you want to lose weight some people cut food too much and then its torture and not sustainable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

If they fed him spirulina he would have lost weight

hahahaha sure mate do you think i havent tried spirulina. Be my guest buy it eat it and see how it goes. If it was that easy then there would be a working diet pill already.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh sure 18% is easy to maintain and also a healthy amount of fat. Im on my way to 10% so yea i have some cravings. But its just a personal challenge.

That is what i mean how low do you want to go and so on. Going to 18% that is not that hard and staying there is also not that hard. 

It also depends on how fast you want to lose weight some people cut food too much and then its torture and not sustainable. 

18% is sustainable for me, but I ment to write less than 18 I'm happy and comfortable. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

18% is sustainable for me, but I ment to write less than 18 I'm happy and comfortable. 

That is the important thing, and normally im pretty good at keeping on my weight. However stress plus an abundance of food got to me ????.

After that its just deciding to lose weight changing what to eat and sticking with it. 

Its the sticking with it that is the problem for most people.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Surprising the amount of people who eat because its a certain time of day, rather than because they are hungry.

That's what we are teached, and it is part of daily routines when you go to school or work. Fit the system if you like. 

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Surprising the amount of people who eat because its a certain time of day, rather than because they are hungry.

People are all different, what works for one does not work for others. Its about finding what works for you. Eating at set times works for me. 

Some people love low carb.. good if it works it works 

Others count calories (works too)

Others go low fat (works)

Others do fasting and that can work too. 

Paleo works

Vegan works

Thing is people just need to find what works for them and in the end its all about eating less and sticking with it. Losing weight is highly individual.

I love cordials with soda (liquid calories) some people can limit that I had to totally stop it because one glas becomes 2 becomes 3 ect. If there is chocolate in my fridge i eat it. My gf likes it too but can control herself. 

What i mean by this is that you need to find out what works for you. Its all about eating less and how you do it is up to you and for different people different ways to do so works. 

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Diet?

Exercise?

I lost 15.5kg by eating a sensible diet, that said, it was a mix of exercising as soon as I got out of bed, black cup of coffee first, just so I wouldn't fall off of the treadmill, which I would stay on for 45 minutes, these days you can do it for much less time doing HIIT.

Add to the above not eating till 12pm and then again no later that 6pm, no carbs after 2pm is key.

If you don't move, you don't lose as much as you should, I mean I can lose two kilo's in a month by just not eating before 12pm and again before 6pm.

Weight or resistance training also helps to build muscle mass, protein shake before or after depending on your theory does help as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You seem to gain weight during stress?20 kilos during Covid?You also gained a lot of weight

during the 2011 floods if i recall.

Jo jo effect is not very healthy,you tell other people all the time about exercise

and eating right but you are not a very good example?

Yes I am human. I gained during the 2011 floods and I gained it 2021 (that is two times). I gained other times too but not so much a few kilos. 

I did not gain 20 kg during covid. Probably 10 or so but now I am just going to a far lower weight then normal people. I could have stopped 10 KG ago but I want to see if i can go to 10% bodyfat. Im quite close now. 

Normally when i gain weight im still not fat and correct myself. Even with the 10kg i gained i was not obese sor so. My waist was 92 cm at that point. Now its 80cm. 

I would say that I am quite consistent in what i do but give me a lot off stress and move me from my normal surroundings (moved to the heart of BKK in  covid times) and i start to fail. I know my weaknesses.

Growth hormone reduces obesity through its actions on two enzymes which control lipolysis (breakdown of stored triglycerides into free fatty acids) and lipogenesis (fat accumulation). These hormones are lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and hormone sensitive lipase (HSL).

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I lost 15.5kg by eating a sensible diet, that said, it was a mix of exercising as soon as I got out of bed, black cup of coffee first, just so I wouldn't fall off of the treadmill, which I would stay on for 45 minutes, these days you can do it for much less time doing HIIT.

Add to the above not eating till 12pm and then again no later that 6pm, no carbs after 2pm is key.

If you don't move, you don't lose as much as you should, I mean I can lose two kilo's in a month by just not eating before 12pm and again before 6pm.

Weight or resistance training also helps to build muscle mass, protein shake before or after depending on your theory does help as well.

Nowadays i wake up and go to my rower and do a 30 min row 7k. HITT is nice but you can't do it as often as slower cardio. I lift weights 3-4 times a week too. 

I would never be able to not eat in the morning. I don't eat after 6pm but i don't really think that is all that important. But if it works for you then great.

Losing 2 kg a month is nice I lost more and i lost less if you go slow its not as hard so more sustainable.

As for the protein shakes i use them too but mainly to keep my proteins high and my calories low. I don't think they are magic. 

Its all about doing something some sort of exercise and eating right. (mainly unprocessed foods)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Fasting boosts hgh but raises cortisol

So fast then take supplements to lower cortisol.

Then eat slowly when break fast.

How is your magical diet going ?

And ehh HGH (growth hormone) does indeed help you to free up fats, but without a lower caloric intake they will just be put back as fat in your body. Its not an essential thing. 

@Sparktrader

Exercise also raises HGH but your making things really complicated. Just change what you eat and do some exercise. Take those supplements too but don't expect too much.

I know where your coming from i tried countless supplements, but nothing will really be a game changer.  The game changer is having a healthy diet and some exercise. Not the supplements, the might help but you wont notice that much. But if they give you a feeling they do then so be it. 

I take supplements too, but trust me they are not what is most important.