Will Smith punches Chris Rock at Oscars

Thailand

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The contrast of Rock's composed and dignified reaction, to Smith's out of control anger says it all, about who the bigger man in the room was. 

Indeed, if someone hits me I tend to hit them back if I'm still consciouss.

I would like to think that had Will Smith done this to me I'd knock him clean out and they'd have to stretcher him out of the building for treatment, like an injured footballer ????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

There appears to be a pretty serious back story...

The GI Jane 2 joke was a reference to Jada Pinket's bald head, shaved due to a recent diagnosis of alopecia. So Chris Rock was joking about Will Smith's wife's medical condition, which does make it a little more understandable why he over-reacted. He did tearfully apologize during his acceptance speech. Still, a disappointing display of poor behavior, which sadly feeds unfair stereotypes about black men. I prefer to focus on the Ketanji Brown Jackson confirmation hearings which should be a source of pride and hope for all Americans.

FOkutNqVQAIDvxg.jpg.a465f8b8fffe24b5490c3cb53e360f98.jpg

So of whom is this photo please?

I was trying to figure out what the heck this was all about, since the OP post here didn't say much...

And  then I found this:

"For the unaware, Will Smith’s wife Jada has a condition called alopecia, which causes excessive hair fall. ... Chris, during the event, joked that Jada looked like GI Jane 2. Jada rolled her eyes at the very mention of it and Will went to the stage and landed a punch on Chris’ face. "

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/hollywood/story/the-will-smith-chris-rock-punch-drama-everything-about-joke-on-jada-pinkett-smith-at-oscars-2022-1930362-2022-03-28