WHat is the maintenance fee in view talay?

parafareno

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

Rose colored glasses or trying to put lipstick on a pig?  About those baht buses.  Going over the hill a few times a week and sitting in the perpetual traffic jam near walking street gets old REAL fast.  On a short stay it's ok but for anything longer you will definitely want to get a scooter.  Foodmart only gets you so far grocery wise. There are not nearly as many restaurants around and things to do as there is in Pattaya.  No aircon malls around to hide out from the mid day heat.  The bus station is only used once when you arrive and leave.  Easy enough to bolt there from Pattaya.

There are a couple much nicer places near Nurun.  Maxx City Condotel and LK Legend.  I think they cater more to vacation rentals though.  Not long term leases and sales.

http://www.maxxcity.com/en/index.php

https://www.lkpattaya.com/legend/?lg=0

I liked LK Legend and almost rented there, but it required a little too much walking for me. I just saw a room for rent there for 12k 6 months/10k 12 months. Flyer is in the glass case in front of foodland next to harborland mall. Room looked Ok on the flyer.

Edited by JimTripper

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

So what's the alternative? Good luck getting a 48 sqm condo in the centre of Pattaya for 7-8000 a month, with a massive pool, loads of parking and low maintenance fees. I get the baht bus into town 2-3 times a week. OK the traffic is bad but it's only a 20 minute ride.

I've only been looking in 2A and I am only seeing 37sqm for 10k right now.  I think most of those want a 1 year commitment as well.  You must be talking about 5C/D for 48sqm.  A quick google search shows them going for 15k right now.  Again, that is assuming a 1 year commitment.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Yeah, that was a bit weird. Sad actually. I think it's guys who are getting older and can't afford much and they just kind of get stuck there in Jomtein. There's worse places to be, but I would not want it to be my "end of the road" if you catch my drift.

Jomtein can kind if be like that and it's a reason I moved out of the area to center. Another example is having breakfast in Jomtein near that condo. One guy on crutches sits down, then on the other side a jaded looking older guy, etc. The whole area made me feel old. I'm early 50's so I don't really want to live with 60's/70's. Not ready to retire yet on that level.

Yup, it is Zombieland - that said bargains to be had from the reaper here!

14 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

It is strange that Jomtien doesn’t have a large shopping mall, given the huge number of condos.

Yes! Can't understand that at all. There are many empty lots available if zoning allows supermarkets. They could make killing.

1 minute ago, GypsyT said:

Yes! Can't understand that at all. There are many empty lots available if zoning allows supermarkets. They could make killing.

An Icon Siam is coming in Na Jomtien near to the marina - they have just started the build. https://remthailand.asia/major-investment-plans-for-pattaya-jomtien-including-icon-siam/

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

An Icon Siam is coming in Na Jomtien near to the marina

Interesting, but Central Festival Pattaya’s a lot closer to my Jomtien condo. If it’s anything like the size of the Bangkok Icon Siam, maybe there’ll be regular baht buses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

I've only been looking in 2A and I am only seeing 37sqm for 10k right now.  I think most of those want a 1 year commitment as well.  You must be talking about 5C/D for 48sqm.  A quick google search shows them going for 15k right now.  Again, that is assuming a 1 year commitment.

I could not do a year in the room I was in. It was too small and you would end up just sitting out by the pool most of the time. No real gardens or other areas to hang out in. You also can't walk that long driveway out to the street more then a couple times a day (2B, not 2A). Not worth it unless you really can't pay that extra 10k a month to be happy.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

VT5 isn't sold out by a long way as far as I know so I have heard VT controls the AGM vote and keeps the costs down probaly at the expense of the long term - as to why I don't know.

Would the developer VT be paying the common fee for each unsold unit? Maybe that’s why they would minimise the fee?

1 minute ago, CygnusX1 said:

Interesting, but Central Festival Pattaya’s a lot closer to my Jomtien condo. If it’s anything like the size of the Bangkok Icon Siam, maybe there’ll be regular baht buses.

There is a feeding frenzy about the high-speed train, the Icon Siam and a Crown Property/CP Group condos/mall/resort.

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Lol...I've walked from Lotus to VT2 and it's brutal in the mid day heat with no shade anywhere on that route.  That is not something 95% of people will want to do...EVER!  Not even in the evening.  This is coming from someone who regularly walks several km just about every day.  Oh, and that was not carrying bags of groceries.  Google maps says 51m and 3.5km.  Half of that is uphill.  Again, not something the vast majority of people will want to do.

Baht buses/Bolt take the strain - mind you I only do 3 months -  a year would kill me and my soul.

3 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Would the developer VT be paying the common fee for each unsold unit? Maybe that’s why they would minimise the fee?

I'm not an expert but I guess so at least legally - how that pans out in reality someone more qualified may be able to answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Lol...I've walked from Lotus to VT2 and it's brutal in the mid day heat with no shade anywhere on that route.  That is not something 95% of people will want to do...EVER!  Not even in the evening.  This is coming from someone who regularly walks several km just about every day.  Oh, and that was not carrying bags of groceries.  Google maps says 51m and 3.5km.  Half of that is uphill.  Again, not something the vast majority of people will want to do.

It’s fairly shady on the right hand side of Thepprasit walking towards Sukhumvit. I suppose it’s technically uphill, but I’ve not actually noticed any gradient. I’m mid sixties with an arthritic knee.

8 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

It’s fairly shady on the right hand side of Thepprasit walking towards Sukhumvit. I suppose it’s technically uphill, but I’ve not actually noticed any gradient. I’m mid sixties with an arthritic knee.

Agreed and 10 baht on the baht bus if you don't want to walk. Just be careful trying to cross it.

19 hours ago, newnative said:

Agree.  And, Immigration nearby, too.

Yes, my pals in VT5 make a lot of reference to the proximity of immigration. Sure it is a PITA, but I only need to go  there 2 times a year, and would never have liked the trip back and forth on the baht bus after a night out in town. Jomtien nightlife is a poor second.  

Jomtien more suited to older and families. 

Edited by jacko45k

You who know VT5 is it true only those who has end units can park under the buildings in shade?

My ex gf has one end unit and claimed that. I see many empty spots under the buildings.

I was thinking she wanted to boost the price when I was interested in renting it after we split up.

2 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

So, Jomtien’s better for most of us on this forum?

Depends how you define older......but I don't believe so.

Judging by the interest we see I think a good proportion still hit the nightlife..... I am at the top (over the hill) end of that! Nor do I think there are that many family types here, who can then be found pushing prams round T21

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

You who know VT5 is it true only those who has end units can park under the buildings in shade?

My ex gf has one end unit and claimed that. I see many empty spots under the buildings.

I was thinking she wanted to boost the price when I was interested in renting it after we split up.

I think it is like VT7, where some units were sold with garage parking spaces.  When we owned at VT7 we rented a garage parking space from a VT7 owner who wasn't using it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, my pals in VT5 make a lot of reference to the proximity of immigration. Sure it is a PITA, but I only need to go  there 2 times a year, and would never have liked the trip back and forth on the baht bus after a night out in town. Jomtien nightlife is a poor second.  

Jomtien more suited to older and families. 

As I've said a number of times, one of the great things about Pattaya is the diverse neighborhoods one can choose from to live in.  My spouse and I started in Jomtien/Pratamnuk and lived in several different condo projects but found we were driving into central Pattaya a lot and eventually we lived in south Pattaya, north Pattaya, and Wong Amat.  We are now living in yet another neighborhood, Lake Mabprachan, liking it a lot, and it is an easy, short drive into town on the Motorway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

I've walked from Lotus to VT2 and it's brutal in the mid day heat with no shade anywhere on that route.  I was not carrying bags of groceries either.  That is not something 95% of people will want to do...EVER!  This is coming from someone who regularly walks several km a week.  Lotus does deliver though.  I know someone who lives in VT2A without a scooter and he says he just orders online and gets all his groceries delivered.  So that is an option.

That was my problem at VT2B as well with no motorbike. The only reasonable market around there is that pricey foodmart, more for just special items imo. Some people don't understand walking in the heat for some reason, they just look on the map and think it's an easy walk or think you can take shortcuts over on side streets, etc. You can't typically do those kind of shortcuts in thailand as they are blocked or have a lot of dogs, etc. As for the baht bus, it rarely or ever goes down that street towards lotus.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That was my problem at VT2B as well with no motorbike. The only reasonable market around there is that pricey foodmart, more for just special items imo. Some people don't understand walking in the heat for some reason, they just look on the map and think it's an easy walk or think you can take shortcuts over on side streets, etc. You can't typically do those kind of shortcuts in thailand as they are blocked or have a lot of dogs, etc. As for the baht bus, it rarely or ever goes down that street towards lotus.

The availability of Bolt (and Grab!) cars for what we regard as small money has opened up the city in a way that the old taxis with their outrageous prices and how would you even get one easily never did. But as I have said we are only here for 3 months and wouldn't use a car or motorbike personally. The fresh food market at Ratanakorn Market on Thepprasit is also a very useful place - the prices are basically wholesale and where every other business in Pattaya goes to get their stock.

The 10 baht baht bus shuttle does go quite regularly at night at least in the high season. Mostly occupied by Russians it must be said!

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The availability of Bolt (and Grab!) cars for what we regard as small money has opened up the city in a way that the old taxis with their outrageous prices and how would you even get one easily never did. But as I have said we are only here for 3 months and wouldn't use a car or motorbike personally. The fresh food market at Ratanakorn Market on Thepprasit is also a very useful place - the prices are basically wholesale and where every other business in Pattaya goes to get their stock.

The 10 baht baht bus shuttle does go quite regularly at night at least in the high season. Mostly occupied by Russians it must be said!

3 months is nothing. I can eat at the cafe down there and be happy for 3 months. I'm talking about people that are living around there for a year or more.