Retirement Visa > How to Swap Methods?

On 3/30/2022 at 3:34 AM, soisanuk said:

if you use Bangkok Bank, their branches can only produce statements for 6 months; for 12 months it will take at least 5 business days for them to get them from Bangkok HQ.

Would anyone think that immigration would accept consecutive 6 month statements i.e get a statement every 6 months to show a full 12 months - rather than waiting 5 working days (which could easily be 2 actual weeks including holidays) to get a single 12 month statement? Unlikely?

4 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Would anyone think that immigration would accept consecutive 6 month statements i.e get a statement every 6 months to show a full 12 months - rather than waiting 5 working days (which could easily be 2 actual weeks including holidays) to get a single 12 month statement? Unlikely?

i like the idea further up to print off 6 months of statements yourself then another 6 months prior to extension then go to the bank to get them to stamp them. Pretty good backup for passbook

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Since my current deposit has a higher interest rate than the 1.5% It is only of academic interest at the moment. That along with the only way I might be able to qualify would be by going into a branch to possibly validate documents. So no point in searching for opinions when it is SCB that has the only opinion that counts. Since my local branch has recently verified my identity the conclusion that, that account is not available to non PR foreign depositors seems probably correct.

E0589D7F-E4A4-44A2-AEC8-D134E5AC9E83.thumb.jpeg.06318eaa69438fae92aa75672fbb0445.jpeg

I opened an scb easy account at my local branch a year ago a few weeks after I arrived on a multi NON O married visa.

My wife and I attended, filled in multiple forms stating I wasn't American and declined insurance.

left an hour later with atm card and scb app on my phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farma said:

I opened an scb easy account at my local branch a year ago a few weeks after I arrived on a multi NON O married visa.

The account that is under discussion is the EZ savings account, and you can’t open one in the branch to get the 1.5% interest it must be on line, quite possibly you can’t even open one in the branch. It is also less than clear if anyone on annual extensions is eligible.

There is no “easy account” the app is SCB easy, I am reasonably sure that you opened a regular savings account though there are a verity of different one’s available https://www.scb.co.th/content/dam/scb/personal-banking/rates-fees/deposits/deposit-en.pdf

The black haired personal translator always makes life easier ???? 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, Farma said:

My wife and I attended, filled in multiple forms stating I wasn't American and declined insurance.

What's the deal with opening accounts and being American now? I opened current accounts 11 years ago. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ebumbu said:

What's the deal with opening accounts and being American now? I opened current accounts 11 years ago. 

It is the reporting requirements that the USA has forced on financial institutions. So it is easier and less expensive for any bank to have accounts from any other nationality. Some smaller banks will just refuse an account for an American national or someone who has worked in the USA

This  requirement came in only a few years ago.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, arick said:

He has been getting an embassy letter already.  

Where is that stated? 

The OP was/is using income method. 

Nothing about embassy letter.

In any event irrelevant.

The op wants to change methods and how to do that has been explained in thread.

Your earlier post was.....

"Much easy to just get the embassy letter"

That post received 3 confused emoji.

????

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

If I am using the THB8xx,xxx method for my O retirement visa how often should I be updating my bank book to show that the amount has not fallen below the required minimum amount? Thanks. 

I dont update at all.

The 800k sits there all year.

Some folk recommend update every month.

Edited by DrJack54

52 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

If I am using the THB8xx,xxx method for my O retirement visa how often should I be updating my bank book to show that the amount has not fallen below the required minimum amount? Thanks. 

Renewed my NON-O retirement extension last Friday in Bangkok. I keep the 800K in a separate account. This account only receives inbound credits and debits to my other account so does not have a debit card. Thus, my bank book shows very few transactions and is only updated once a year when renewing extension. You will need copies of the bank book but, most importantly, a full 12 month statement showing every transaction and balance along with a bank letter. A transaction shown on the day of renewal too (the IO highlighted this).

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

most importantly, a full 12 month statement showing every transaction and balance along with a bank letter

I use CW and don't provide bank statements.

I provide copies of bank book pages along with bank books and the bank letter.