What is a high quality man/woman?

BritManToo

Do you consider yourself a high quality man?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But who regards Youtubers as people of any significance ?

Probably at least as many that would find anyone on here, myself included, as people of any signicance ????

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Mohammed was a very moral person, but had no problems marrying a 10 year old.

Joseph age 70, had no problems marrying a 14 year old

Now I realize why I prefer younger chicks.

6 hours ago, Grecian said:

High quality or high SMV? (Sexual Market Value)

Noam Chomsky is the former.

Isn't Chomsky a famous, rich, influential public figure?  He has at least a little SMV, or at least he would have done when he was younger and at the peak of his Linguistic professorial career.  He probably had quite a few geeky girls lusting after him when he was younger.

19 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This helps to illustrate my point above.  I won't give my opinion, but there are three "metrics" here that different people would probably make different judgements about your level of "quality", financial success, physical appearance and, I guess, cultural habits (not exactly sure what to classify that as).

What about morals?  Are you trustworthy?  Would you help someone without being asked to do so?  Do you have empathy for those worse off than you?  Would you cheat on your wife or have sex with another mans wife, or try to?

IMO your points are more about whether someone is good, or not, and don't have to be "high quality" to be a good person.

IMO the term is code for someone that is wealthy and lets everyone know it. The sort of person that drives an expensive car that looks expensive- the sort with a huge grill that shouts to the world "look at me, I'm rich"- not because a less ostentatious car is inferior, but because they want to let the peasants know that they are rich. In the old days they would be in a coach with 4 horses and footmen on the back, but these days when most can afford a car they need one that informs us lesser people that they are important and rich.

I knew a Dr that holidayed in Thailand but only stayed 5* and never ever went into a gogo or barbeer. He considered himself to be "high quality", but IMO he just missed out on some fun times.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

8 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Isn't Chomsky a famous, rich, influential public figure?  He has at least a little SMV, or at least he would have done when he was younger and at the peak of his Linguistic professorial career.  He probably had quite a few geeky girls lusting after him when he was younger.

Rich and powerful men are never short of groupies, but I doubt all are good people. Perhaps there are some exceptions.

18 hours ago, starky said:

According to young youtubers floating around atm the only condition for a man to be "high quality" is that he earns more than a 100k a year. A "high quality" woman apparently is pretty much anyone who is not a slut, a stripper or a hooker. Apparently.

or a woman that won't have sex on a first date, according to some.

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is a high quality woman?

Young, pretty, cute, sexy, honest, no headache, no high maintenance, ...

I don't care if she is rich, from a rich family, from a "good" family, is highly educated, has a career, etc.

Let's concentrate on the important parts.

Blonde-Bombshells-For-Your-Viewing-Pleasure-11.jpg.e5acdf47eaa993acc958bd9ebcae0e17.jpg

To qualify for my definition of hi class she can't have Cooper's droop, no matter how attractive otherwise.

15 hours ago, Grecian said:

High quality or high SMV? (Sexual Market Value)

Noam Chomsky is the former.

I'd have to have some respect for Chomsky to agree, but don't know him, never read anything he wrote, don't care about him. To me he's just some guy, and of no consequence to my life, so no opinion on his rank in life.

I'm not saying he's a bad person, but why would I care either way?

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But you would have been a cheater in the UK had you had the opportunity .

Morally, you would have cheated you been given the opportunity , you would had interfered with girls if you could have found one .

The only reason why you didnt do it is because you were unable to .

Some people would never cheat or interfere with girls back in their home Country and some would and do . 

The people that wouldn't cheat or interfere with girls back in their home Country wouldn't do it abroad either .

That was my point .

Some people have morals and wouldn't cheat , others are immoral and would cheat , where they live is irrelevant 

"Cheating" is a genetic imperative for men, as part of survival of the species. I doubt many men would not if given the opportunity. However, the opportunity does not exist for most, and the penalties for doing so in our society are a significant disincentive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Disagree, but then am not a morally judgmental person.  2 consenting adults engaging in sexual activity is just that.  

Remember those beautiful words from Luther Ingram.

"If loving you is wrong I don't want to be right"

Back to OP 

Conclusion, high quality men/women would never engage in sexual activities in exchange for money (or tell about it)  555

However I'm pretty sure high quality women would engage in a spot of hanky panky for expensive presents.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However I'm pretty sure high quality women would engage in a spot of hanky panky for expensive presents.

The word "Hanky Panky" was officially removed from the English language in 1978 , it was replaced by the word "Bonking" , which itself was removed from the English in the mid 1980's .

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Hmmm removed in 1978 and yet there it is, right in front of me in English on my computer screen

I was subtly and cleverly suggesting that its an old fashioned word that rarely get used these days and is usually only heard in re runs of Carry on films 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was subtly and cleverly suggesting that its an old fashioned word that rarely get used these days and is usually only heard in re runs of Carry on films 

All the cool kids call it "dickdown" these days.

Bonking is for the oldies.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:04 AM, BritManToo said:

I define myself as 'low quality',

Sure I got the degrees, earned loads of money, live comfortably, but I'm a beer swilling, fat, bald old guy that never wears anything but a knock off Football shirt (Liverpool), shorts and flip flops. Don't care about museums, poetry, art, theatre and can't endure jazz.

"I'm a beer swilling, fat, bald old guy that never wears anything but a knock off..."

You mean that your avatar isn't you?   That's disappointing.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I was sure there are some high quality sluts, strippers and hookers.

If you never met them, try harder! 

Full disclosure as a seafarer (read drunken sailor) i spent much of my youth working through as many as the above as i could. And though quite a few may have been diamonds in the rough with hearts of gold. it could also be said many were definitely high quality. I dont think it is the high quality as expressed by the context of this OP.

"High quality" man or woman is a rather imprecise term, but most of us get it.  In Thailand, it mostly means a non-bargirl.  But what else?  It's not necessarily education.  A female with a PhD from overseas but not at all attractive....is she high quality?  Same with a wealthy woman from a good family who's not attractive.  How about a super hottie who freelances....quality?  Or an attractive educated female who's perfect in every way....but she has 3 kids and doesn't speak English.  Quality? 

From the female perspective, it's much easier.  It's start with the money.  Because if you can't provide for the family, it doesn't matter how smart, honest, decent, witty, or faithful you are.  You ain't high quality.  

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 10:19 AM, KarenBravo said:

So, atheists can't have morals?

I believe Mohamed married a six year old girl and consumated the marriage when she was nine,

as for am i high quality ,who can say ,i have been married and lived with someone ,4 times ,i never cheated on any of them ,especially my now wife who i have been with for 25 yrs ,

I was educated in a public school ,went to London in the 60s and lived a life many people would love to have lived ,have slept with rather a lot of women and girls.

my life i would say has been a rollarcoaster ,,as i come to the last chapter? i wouldnt call myself high class but i am not low class either .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I believe Mohamed married a six year old girl and consumated the marriage when she was nine,

as for am i high quality ,who can say ,i have been married and lived with someone ,4 times ,i never cheated on any of them ,especially my now wife who i have been with for 25 yrs ,

I was educated in a public school ,went to London in the 60s and lived a life many people would love to have lived ,have slept with rather a lot of women and girls.

my life i would say has been a rollarcoaster ,,as i come to the last chapter? i wouldnt call myself high class but i am not low class either .

"Woman and girls" ?

You have had sex with a lot of woman and girls ?

Isn't that illegal  ?

12 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I started as upper middle class, went to the "best" ( expensive ) schools etc, but went a lower middle class life, and ended up poor and living among low class people. I don't see that I could be categorized as any "class" now, but if anyone wants to try, you're welcome.

PS I've had loads of money but always spent it, so my bank balance doesn't count in the considering.