It's COLD in April-the hottest month of the year

pkspeaker

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Send some of that rain down here to my part of BKK, its 20c now and the PM 2.5 is very low, just as it was yesterday.  Never warmed above 21c either.  Cloudy and overcast but the clouds are very high.  I like that it is cool now instead of the nasty heat and humidity that April usually brings.

Actually believe official low was 22c for Bangkok but indeed is nice for early April.  Record low for 3 April in Bangkok was 24c (2009).  

• Thanks 1

Just started to finally drizzle here in Sathorn, doors are open and we have a nice cross breeze running through the bedrooms and the living room now.  24c in the house which is great as I would normally run the AC to keep it at 26.

Just now, CharlieH said:

Wouldnt call this cold.......

SmartSelect_20220403-090750_Weather.jpg

Yes starting tomorrow the small respite will be gone, which will make some happy and others of us, who like a cooler weather to shed clothes....lol.  It is no wonder I am looking at moving from BKK finally to the southern beach areas.....sure I will have more rain but the trade off to me will be worth it.

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldnt exactly call this cold, for the coming week.

Actually for this time of the year those are indeed very low temps - just getting below 30c at night is a treat for early April.  Normally look forward to mid April showers for a bit of relief - there is more to the water throwing than freedom to attack - the plain water actually feels good in April.

• Like 1

It's actually pleasant 21.6 C in my end of Bangkok now, with AQI meter proudly displaying 6 right now. In fact, yesterday was the first time ever I saw a 0 on it... like, EVER. That was during the very strong wind in the morning. At that time temperature was 27 but felt far lower.

image.thumb.png.2dc154e1f2cd6a89bcbf621ea6883d0e.png

• Like 1

no doubt the weather is very nice today and I am enjoying it, in a few days it will be back to very hot, a high of 37* on Thursday.. also it was cool in early March and then got hot again.. just very strange to have any cool weather in March or April.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldnt exactly call this cold, for the coming week.

Not cold but, that's still a long way short of the 40°C plus temperatures which used to be normal for April.

Not that I'm complaining of course????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

amazing how many people don't know the difference between weather and climate

When a certain US leader said there is no warming because it was snowing in D.C., Anderson Cooper of CNN said

"Someone should teach him the difference between climate and weather.

NASA has a website for children." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, amexpat said:

When a certain US leader said there is no warming because it was snowing in D.C., Anderson Cooper of CNN said

"Someone should teach him the difference between climate and weather.

NASA has a website for children." 

The entire NASA website is for children, because most of the data they use is make-believe. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Was 16c in Chiang Mai this morning after nearly 24hrs of torrential rain.

Dry and overcast now ........ brrrrrrrrrr

I was there January into February in CM best air in years no need for AC., smoke very late. The vandals must be scratching their heads and figuring how to still burn every mountaintop in the North in search of god-damn mushrooms in 16 degrees of a sodding rain!

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

The entire NASA website is for children, because most of the data they use is make-believe. 

And that make-believe put us on the moon and keeps us in space?  Or is that all make-believe too in your mind?   ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

So tracking Santa using the NORAD radar is make believe...I think not....Santa is alive and lives at the North pole, I just saw how he saved the world with Jack Frost against Pitch......

• Like 1

High pressure system, from environmentally criminal China causing unseasonably  cold in Thailand  and other parts.  In the media today.  Heres what you wont see in the media.  Some locals in the village  said,"Its to cold to bathe!" , "I hope you dont mind?"  27 C and hygiene  goes out the window.  It's not like they already practice  good hygiene.   If one says they all must be doing it.  Remember  they all copy each other.  If one opens a coffee stand five more will open near by.  If one opens a noodle shop, five more will copy.  If their neighbor  purchases  five pigs, chickens, or buffalo,  five will copy to think they too can make a profit.   That said, if one says its too cold to bathe, and it isnt like they bathed on the hotter days prior, five more will at least say the same," its too cold to bathe!"  Just lazy, as its not really cold, and boiling hot water isnt impossible  or hard.  Just lazy, yep thats what you wont read in the media.  Hope someone laughs!

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Seppius said:

It was so cold on Pattata beach road last night, that the Ladyboys had their hand in their own pocket

And the merchants  price gouged  long sleve shirts, pants, jackets, that are usually  very cheap, but you know the score in Thailand,  price  gouging  is the way.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

And that make-believe put us on the moon and keeps us in space?  Or is that all make-believe too in your mind?   ????

NASA's 'goddard' climate bureaucracy that works with the NOAA & based out of NY City & not Houston & Florida has nothing to do with that.  2 completely separate things.   Specifically I'm talking about these charts they publish that purport to show 'global' climate that shows constant 'warming' for 100 years and the 1930's being much 'cooler' than present times.  To create these things they use modeled data, filled in data, data from parts of the world they have no access to and never had access to decades ago... all of this  skeptic's have made presentations about.  

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It unfortunately affects peoples plans who normally wear Egg and Stainer Shirts, shorts and flip flops.......lol

Here in rural Kamphaeng Phet at 7:30 this morning it was 20.6C, 96% humidity with enough rain to wet the concrete. At 1:45 pm this afternoon it has risen to 24.4, humidity dropped to 66% and cloudy with no rain.

Comfortable weather with no need for a shirt.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I wonder how many trees were cut down and extra energy wasted on printing the book?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I wonder how many trees were cut down and extra energy wasted on printing the book?

Wonder no more. No trees were cut down.

All copies of her book are printed on recycled paper and the printing company uses 100% recyclables in its printing process.

Severn's green efforts earn company Greta and the Giants printing contract

• Thanks 1