Retirement Extension Renewal: Jomtien

2 hours ago, dddave said:

I was unsuccessful my first try, not having one full year of bank statements, bank letter more than 3 days old, RA/TM-30 not up to date. 

Did you have to show the actual TM30 piece of paper or did you just need to do one because your unit number was incorrect on the one they had on File?

Asking as I had a clean out of all the <deleted> stapled in my passport prior to my UK trip & am pretty sure I binned the TM30 as I didn't think I would need it again ???? 

42 minutes ago, phaholyothin said:

What's a 'combined transaction'?

It's when the bank does not enter every transaction. 

They just condensed them and print balance in your account. 

Here is an account. I did not up date the account for several months.

I went recently and deposited 100 just to update (not for immigration).

You see accrued withdrawals for that period. It just shows up as one withdrawal of ~740k.

In actual fact they were many withdrawals of 20k a pop. 

IMG_20220403_183819_247.jpg

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Did you have to show the actual TM30 piece of paper or did you just need to do one because your unit number was incorrect on the one they had on File?

Asking as I had a clean out of all the <deleted> stapled in my passport prior to my UK trip & am pretty sure I binned the TM30 as I didn't think I would need it again ???? 

The original incorrect and out of date TM-30 was in my passport and the discrepancies were noted by the I.O..  After I got an updated rental agreement from rental agent, I had to present a new TM-30 application filled out by rental agent to the TM-30 office.  The I.O there issued the new TM-30 and stapled it into my PP

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dddave said:

The original incorrect and out of date TM-30 was in my passport and the discrepancies were noted by the I.O..  After I got an updated rental agreement from rental agent, I had to present a new TM-30 application filled out by rental agent to the TM-30 office.  The I.O there issued the new TM-30 and stapled it into my PP

What an anal retentive immigration office.

You should not even require a TM30 for extension.

You state....

"The original incorrect and out of date TM-30 was in my passport and the discrepancies were noted by the I.O".

Why even have a TM30 receipt in your pp.

Jomtien are just a rubbish immigration office. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dddave said:

This takes Bangkok Bank 5 working days to complete.  Other banks may differ. 

'' Other banks may differ'' they sure do, the Bank of Ayudhya (yellow bank) takes about 40 minutes and pay 1.1% interest. Why does the BKB take so long ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dddave said:

This takes Bangkok Bank 5 working days to complete.

Is that for every branch or just if you request the letter from other than your home branch?

22 hours ago, dddave said:

I'll just post what I think are important points to be aware of.

I use the B800K deposit method.

One important point which you didn't clarify, though, was whether or not you will need to return to Jomtien after 90 days with suitable documentary evidence to prove that your account balance hasn't dipped a single satang below the required 800k minimum in the meantime.

Particularly if they still enforce this ridiculous requirement, then it's hard IMHO to disagree with @DrJack54's view that they are a rubbish office!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, OJAS said:

One important point which you didn't clarify, though, was whether or not you will need to return to Jomtien after 90 days with suitable documentary evidence to prove that your account balance hasn't dipped a single satang below the required 800k minimum in the meantime.

Particularly if they still enforce this ridiculous requirement, then it's hard IMHO to disagree with @DrJack54's view that they are a rubbish office!

Yes.  I was given a document spelling-out the 90 day balance verification requirement.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:03 AM, bbko said:

Is that for every branch or just if you request the letter from other than your home branch?

It depends.  My statements took the maximum 5 working days because I originally opened my Bangkok Bank account at a branch in Bangkok, thus the gathering of statements was "cross-provincial".  

I don't know how it works but like every time I make a deposit to my account from a Jomtien branch or ATM, I am charged a deposit fee depending on the amount deposited.  That is because my home branch is in Bangkok.

One would think that the computer system is universal and they could print out my statements with a couple of keystrokes but not so. For some arcane reason, this 'cross-provincial" thing matters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dddave said:

It depends.  My statements took the maximum 5 working days because I originally opened my Bangkok Bank account at a branch in Bangkok, thus the gathering of statements was "cross-provincial".  

I don't know how it works but like every time I make a deposit to my account from a Jomtien branch or ATM, I am charged a deposit fee depending on the amount deposited.  That is because my home branch is in Bangkok.

One would think that the computer system is universal and they could print out my statements with a couple of keystrokes but not so. For some arcane reason, this 'cross-provincial" thing matters.

Yeah it's all so backasswards and ludicrous. In the same situation...opened Bangkok Bank acct in BKK in 2000 and now reside in Jomtien. Required to go to BKK for new ATM card. Am actually in BKK now and my Bank Book is nearly full. Asked a teller if the new book could be provided in Jomtien? To my shock and pleasant surprise she responded...Yes can make new book anywhere but ATM card has to be made here. Makes no sense, but hopefully she's correct. Would hate to make a trip to Bangers just for a new bank book. These books are obsolete and should be done away with.

12 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yeah it's all so backasswards and ludicrous. In the same situation...opened Bangkok Bank acct in BKK in 2000 and now reside in Jomtien. Required to go to BKK for new ATM card. Am actually in BKK now and my Bank Book is nearly full. Asked a teller if the new book could be provided in Jomtien? To my shock and pleasant surprise she responded...Yes can make new book anywhere but ATM card has to be made here. Makes no sense, but hopefully she's correct. Would hate to make a trip to Bangers just for a new bank book. These books are obsolete and should be done away with.

I also opened my Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok and have since moved to Wongamat.  The last time I went in to the branch at Central to do a Passbook update the book was full so she stuck an extra piece of paper on the back... When I explained that I needed the passbook for immigration purposes she gave me a new passbook there & then. 

I hadn't realised that I would have to go to Bangkok to get a new ATM card but I was thinking of opening a new account in Pattaya & transferring everything except the 800K for my extension over to it anyway as I've often seen it recommended to keep the 800K in a separate account.

+ I'll save the 20THB fee on ATM withdrawals ???? 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1