Why isn’t Thailand being more consistent with its social distancing rules?

webfact

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What's the current vaccination rate in Thailand including among elderly?

I think it's still not great and also so many started with a "not so good" brand.

Personally I think that may be the main reason Thailand is on a different schedule.

Sure there are inconsistencies and mistakes. That has happened everywhere. 

I got a message from a mate in Thailand in his 70's,he is only getting his 2nd jab next week,i got mine 1 year ago in the UK!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, hioctane said:

Like most highy vaccinated Western countries, it is time to call it endemic and move on. 

Could of been called a couple of years ago and resembled little real difference from today.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

I got a message from a mate in Thailand in his 70's,he is only getting his 2nd jab next week,i got mine 1 year ago in the UK!

Well we all have our personal experiences. Personally I faced significant hassles even playing a vaccine slot lottery and considerable expense to get my 3 shots in Thailand much later than I would have in the west. It seemed crazy to have to fight for them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anton9 said:

The question should be "why Thailand is one of the few countries in the world still requiring the so called social distancing"?

Is there any other country in the world wherr news anchors are wearing face muzzles?

China?

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Why isn’t Thailand being more consistent with its social distancing rules?......LOL, Thailand is ONLY consistent with Thai rules. 

Anything else, the rules don't apply. 

I think you mean that the Thai government is only consistent in being inconsistent.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Why isn’t Thailand being more consistent with its social distancing rules?......LOL, Thailand is ONLY consistent with Thai rules. 

Anything else, the rules don't apply. 

The only thing consistent in Thailand, is the complete lack of consistency, regarding anything. The one constant, is that will never change.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bstafford214 said:

Thai government love to be in control of their people. If I visit the US again, I will wear a mask and if they don't like it, tough.

I don't know what Capt Monday is talking about. Wear a mask or don't, we only care that you have the right to make your own choice.

IMO cultural factors can supersede specific political systems. As in “tight” cultures (China, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand), governments tend to enforce strict behavioural constraints for the public (social distancing, wearing masks, tracking individual compliance) whereas in “loose” cultures this is not possible leading to viewing the virus as an affront to ones' democratic rights and freedoms. Western countries, for example not wearing a mask is construed as a political statement to assert ideological affiliation. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, userabcd said:

Why can't humans think for themselves and maintain a distance from each other without govt having to nanny and police them.

Some can, many can't. It is often the expectation of people that their Government protects them. It is also expected of people to be good members of society.

Edited by jacko45k