Bangkok airport: Passengers up to 10K/day after test easing - crowds at Suvarnabhumi prompt action

webfact

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes! Eureka! We are up in 10 % of before, and can´t even handle that. 

Airports have no control over airline timing.

On my way back last October I came through Dubai. Three x 380 aircraft discharged the self loading freight at exactly the same time, absolute chaos.

I wonder to this day how I never caught covid in the crush.

• Like 1

Have they upgrades their air exchange system since start of pandemic..is it adequate for those numbers ?

On the one hand it was almost universal mask wearing in shared indoors spaces - but not much data on covid mitigation indoors with increased air exchange etc.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

When the crowding happened 1,500 to 2,000 passengers had arrived in a single hour.

International and/or Domestic??

Please note, many Domestic travelers will be using BKK as Songkran approaches - Thai Smile and Thai Vietjet use BKK on their domestic routes rather than DMK! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Happily not the 300 THB entry fee yet... Probably also 2 places where you can pay it and get an old fashioned printed receipt. 

It doesn't work like that. But you probably know that anyway but just wanted to make a negative comment.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It doesn't work like that. But you probably know that anyway but just wanted to make a negative comment.

probably never been to extent a visa at any immigration and you will receive a handwritten receipt and they keep the carbonpapered copy...... just to say 

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

probably never been to extent a visa at any immigration and you will receive a handwritten receipt and they keep the carbonpapered copy...... just to say 

The tax is included in the price of your ticket and isn't collected separately ..... just to say.

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

It sounds very similar to what's happening at British airports. Many staff were laid off during the pandemic and haven't returned to work so the airports are very short-staffed with slow service and over-crowding. Ten thousand passengers a day is less than 10% of what was routinely handled at Swampy before Covid, but it will take time to get all the systems running properly again and sufficient staff available to deal with the increasing numbers. It's still a lot better than Manchester airport, though, where the delays and queues are so bad today that passengers are queuing out into the car park!

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-manchester-60776547

the difference is the uk airports are back to pre covid passenger levels - thailand is dealing with a couple of thousand passengers...

that's not to say there hasn't been some chaos at uk airports, but many friends have traveled recently with absolutely no issues, it seems the problems reported in the press are the isolated worse instances.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

After a famous Thai Youtuber exposed to the world how lost tourists were at the airport upon their arrival in Thailand, causing national shame overnight, it took just a day for officials to address the issue.

Thank goodness the guy posted in Thai and no foreigners will ever find, much less understand his posts...

How much worse can it be than pre-Covid when the immigration line was often hours long?

Edited by impulse

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Kittipong Kitikhajorn said that the problems are caused by large numbers of passengers at peak periods.

Kittipong is Captain Obvious!

If only he had a way to look into the future so he could prepare for this! I'm not a professional airport anything, but I expect you can look at the manifest of arrivals for the day and get ahead of the problem, if it interests you to do your job at all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Kittipong is Captain Obvious!

If only he had a way to look into the future so he could prepare for this! I'm not a professional airport anything, but I expect you can look at the manifest of arrivals for the day and get ahead of the problem, if it interests you to do your job at all.

That would take effort and logic, Nah not going to happen in  L O Sloths 

20 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The tax is included in the price of your ticket and isn't collected separately ..... just to say.

That has been suggested but not yet agreed. As far as I am aware there is an issue over the land borders which has yet to be resolved and delayed implementation on air travelers.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:37 AM, RafPinto said:

Here they come.
Russians, Scheinese, Indians.
Hand luggage full of 10,000$ notes

???? If 10.000$ notes, then most likely homemade ...