Inflation troubles

Thats just headline inflation due to last months spike in oil prices, the core inflation was actually lower than expected, that's all that matters. Inflation is peaking in the US, economy already slowing down

Edited by dj230

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm confused. This is a Thai forum discussing inflation rates in the US and UK. As for Thailand, the actual rate seems to be out of control, at least regarding food prices. Many things that I buy have increased by over 50% and some have even doubled in the past few months.

Although we live in Thailand, business around the world, especially from our home countries is of interest. 

• Like 1

With the dollar losing value every year, sure the best play is to borrow some and put it in assets that don't lose value, and maybe even gain value? My brother owns an art gallery, I'm thinking of buying art, property, bitcoin, which actually increase in value. 

Those of us that reside here rather then western countries are fortunate on this issue.

Inflation for food is generally lower, housing much much lower, hotels for a 3 to 5 star are much lower, fuel is difficult to control.

Still can buy food from Thai markets and street food at low prices have not seen any large increase maybe 5 or 10 baht.  Fruits and vegetables and some meats are triple in western places now compared to here.

I fly a lot and surprised they still charge 1000 b including tolls from Pattaya to Suvarnabumi same as 5 years ago.

Bottom line, it has not really hit here yet.  But, a big part of inflation is demand.  When tourists start coming again expect prices to go up much more.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dj230 said:

Thats just headline inflation due to last months spike in oil prices, the core inflation was actually lower than expected, that's all that matters. Inflation is peaking in the US, economy already slowing down

So called core 6.5% still dodgy. All manipulated. % rates are supposed to be 3% higher than inflation.

4 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

My wife complained to me that her somtan seller just raised her price from 60 bht to 105 bht. The good news is that she went to the market and bought her own ingredients started making the somtam herself. 

Unless her previous Somtam seller looks like this she won't be selling much at 105 Thb a time! :thumbsup::wai:

Showing Media & Posts for Thai big tits bikini xxx | www.veu.xxx

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

With the dollar losing value every year, sure the best play is to borrow some and put it in assets that don't lose value, and maybe even gain value? My brother owns an art gallery, I'm thinking of buying art, property, bitcoin, which actually increase in value. 

you can't eat pictures of Campbell soup - choose carefully. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Keystone pipeline closure will impact US for years. Massive hit to economy. Since then inflation been going up.

inflation goes up because they print money... the more money in circulation, the less each bill is worth..