Avoid trap of losing money to women

56 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

If I had a relationship with a poor person in Alabama, I'd likely run into a lot of the same poverty-based relationship problems and expectations as I read here. If it were a black person, there would be cultural differences.

It's not always about 'poor' or 'not poor' in Thailand, but also about being seen as a walking ATM. - Your partner may be a 'good girl' with a decent salary, but towards the end of the month (or earlier) she will have spent all her money already, expecting you to 'help out', as she cannot manage her money.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Iggy Pop put it so succinctly, backside-wise:

Lay right down in my favorite place.

A Thai middle-class person working at Central Department Store or a good hotel can only dream of the money and lofty lifestyle options of a black Alabaman Walmart worker.

Edited by LaosLover

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Every guy I know who lived in Thailand lost money. $100,000+ Married Thais and money went into family or taken by women or just wasted on randoms.

I was never married and I wasted a lot more than that in Thailand - in the last 25 years.

Let's have fun!

sexy-asian-stunners-101.jpg.77fb86e37d2b55ea55c7a002146218b8.jpg

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Its still hard for most guys. The little head takes over. If only it was so easy. One bloke said he wished his willy was cut off at age 20 then he would be rich.

What's the point of being rich if you can't spend that money with the girls?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Myran said:

Sounds like you should get smarter acquaintances. None of my friends, or myself, have lost any money here.

It's not rocket science: don't be a complete idiot.

Add me to the list ,never lost anything ,neither have any of my friends,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe we can make a survey another day of how many guys actively gave money to their darling and how many gave her money because she demanded it.

Lots of guys do thinks like:

He: Darling, what can I do that you don't work in this horrible place anymore? How about if I buy you a house and support your parents?

She: Sure darling, that sounds like a great idea.

Win/win, both of them are happy. But maybe not happy ever after. ???? 

• Like 1

My Thai GF has been given what I wanted to give her, no more, no less. We both understand the contract of mutual support we have entered into. The longer I live, the better off she is.

I guess the mistake some guys make here is falling in love with a gold-digger a week after they get off the aircraft. It took me 4 years to decide what I wanted out of what was available, and that after several covert tests of honesty.

I still have 70% of my income-earning assets in Australia, some people can live here without losing everything.

• Like 2

Just remember:  Your girl is "different"....perhaps a few young hotties but most are same same and are very good at parting you from your $$.  Don't blame the girl, blame yourself if you get taken to the cleaners.  You theoretically are the worldly older man while she is an uneducated farm girl....guess who most often ends up with the house etc?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don't even start talking about all the traps there are but just starting with women in general = losing money.

Just to live a very modest thai-western lifestyle with 1 kid, cheaper range house/billingual school, living costs and all that and you are behind 40-50K at very least already. When you would be lucky to do business or earn western via Internet, or are retired already, that might not be a big deal but otherwise it really is.

As some additional cash for actual savings, holiday back home, personal entertainment, retirement savings would still need to follow, let alone if you also have a woman that wants money for luxuries on top. Not surprised most guys run away if pregnant, not that it's good.

Anyway, to conclude: the biggest danger is not having a (temporary) relationship with a money costing woman, the danger is to actually get her pregnant and be stuck to it for at least 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I would argue that it doesn't.........we rent a very nice condo 15,000 baht/month.....to buy the 'market price' is 6 million.

6 million invested will get you 300,000 interest......rent 180,000

Much cheaper to rent.....and much lower risk.

It's actual a fact, it is cheaper to rent than to buy. Because we do not even talk about condo fees or maintenance to the house in general yet, the average house here needs to be rebuilt before or by the time the mortgage is done aka new mortgage/loan again. Not to mention that the interest can be that high it's actually meaning you pay 2-3X the house. So actually it is renting forever.

And for your example, the difference in profits by renting is going back into the loop, so the compound interest would even make you more rich on top of all this too.

I suppose buying here is interesting in the way Thais did when the bubble wasn't that blown up yet, they would pay off mortgage at lowest rate/cost and rent out higher + pocket the difference. Quite a difference when buying for yourself or as a business.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It's actual a fact, it is cheaper to rent than to buy. Because we do not even talk about condo fees or maintenance to the house in general yet, the average house here needs to be rebuilt before or by the time the mortgage is done aka new mortgage/loan again. Not to mention that the interest can be that high it's actually meaning you pay 2-3X the house. So actually it is renting forever.

And for your example, the difference in profits by renting is going back into the loop, so the compound interest would even make you more rich on top of all this too.

....and the only argument against this is the old.......' ah well,  the value of the condo will triple in 10 years'......no it won't!!

Just now, Will B Good said:

....and the only argument against this is the old.......' ah well,  the value of the condo will triple in 10 years'......no it won't!!

Yeah they are funny when they tell you the condo is doing very well, while standing behind the board with papers showing condo fees and balances are in red digits + bankruptcy likely follows if one big thing happens next (which is more likely as of the older age buildings).

It's usually the people who are just in it for the short run, or pocketing commissions etc. talking like this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I would argue that it doesn't.........we rent a very nice condo 15,000 baht/month.....to buy the 'market price' is 6 million.

6 million invested will get you 300,000 interest......rent 180,000

Much cheaper to rent.....and much lower risk.

Was talking women not houses

• Haha 1