Avoid trap of losing money to women

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive slept with over 500 women. Kind of dont think about what she did. If im attracted im keen. If not not. I know within 5 secs. If a woman wants to kiss me Im hooked. Many asians dont kiss. Go for a kiss. If she responds and body is good Im there. If no kissing Im quickly bored.

Are you feeling horny again now ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive slept with over 500 women. Kind of dont think about what she did. If im attracted im keen. If not not. I know within 5 secs. If a woman wants to kiss me Im hooked. Many asians dont kiss. Go for a kiss. If she responds and body is good Im there. If no kissing Im quickly bored.

That seems to happen to a lot of guys .

They take the route of quick easy sex by using prostitutes and use them numerous times .

They end up being older , single and then the only option is the continued use of prostitutes .

Its a bit late in life trying to find a girlfriend now 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Where do you live?

Where was I single would be a better question ... Udon Thani

Pleasant out & abouts most everywhere.  Popular spots would be Bangkok, Hua Hin, Chumphon, Phuket, Khao Lak and places in between.  Long holidays.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Where was I single would be a better question ... Udon Thani

Pleasant out & abouts most everywhere.  Popular spots would be Bangkok, Hua Hin, Chumphon, Phuket, Khao Lak and places in between.  Long holidays.

Udon seems the place for me.

22 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Just don't hang out on Soi Samphan / soi slum.

Tawan Daeng Pub was a favorite, saw Carabao there one night, unschedules, as a band member's daughter went to same school as mine. (closed temp per Gmap)

Just knockin' around town, lakeside, and you get lots of smiles and chit chattin'

Huge night market area next to train station.

Edited by KhunLA

MLP pipeline stocks (some tax bother), Tobacco Companies, and triple net REIT's pay 7%-ish with low risk.

Oil stock divs are alway at risk due to their boom and bust economics, but generally are OK if you can commit to googling about them every month or so. Mining Stock, same, but more risk. Tankers -crazy great yields, demented risk.

Best bets for risk are pharma, utilities, and telecoms (4.5 -6%) div. A high yield div fund gets you 3.5%. You can add a point and half just buy picking their top 20 stocks with not much more risk and lower costs.

Bottom line: Do you still like the stock if it cuts the payout in half?

Sometimes I do, like when my mall stocks cut during Covid. I bought more after they suspended the dividend and those shares are now yielding 12%. And sometimes I don't, like when AT&T decided to cut and give me cable TV shares instead, so it's adios and picking up some UL at a discount instead. A dividend portfolio means subscribing to a stock info service like Morningstar and doing about an hour a week of reading.

First rule of international investing is to never buy anything with British in the name.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I guess it all depends where you are, who you hang around with, where and how you met your significant other.

The vast majority of Western guys I know in Thailand are in perfectly normal relationships with Thai women, not really much different from the west... Mutual respect, similar socio-economic status... just regular decent couples....   I don’t know why some guys struggle and end up in disastrous situations. 

Most posters on this and 'similar' threads would not know where to find a Thai woman to have a perfectly normal relationship with and even if he/they met such a woman their expectation would be for instant gratification rather than building a relationship which involves more than this. Not surprising that their choices are limited and some are manipulated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rimmae2 said:

Most posters on this and 'similar' threads would not know where to find a Thai woman to have a perfectly normal relationship with and even if he/they met such a woman their expectation would be for instant gratification rather than building a relationship which involves more than this. Not surprising that their choices are limited and some are manipulated.

Most posters on this forum are too old to find a Thai woman to have a normal relationship.

What, you think you'll be still attracting women when you're 60+ (or even 40+)?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most posters on this forum are too old to find a Thai woman to have a normal relationship.

What, you think you'll be still attracting women when you're 60+ (or even 40+)?

I didn't have much of a problem, between wives., 48-51 yrs old.  Had 3 girlfriend in those years.

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I didn't have much of a problem, between wives., 48-51 yrs old.  Had 3 girlfriend in those years.

Are you claiming you never paid them a wage, gave them money or bought them a house?

Spoke their language and are the same age as them?

Remember we're talking 'normal relationships'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I wouldn't holiday in Udon.  That just happen to be where I lived for 16 years.  Come all the way to Thailand for the NE, nah.  I'd go surfside somewhere.  Chumphon would be a decent choice, small metro, and nice beach at Thung Wua Laen.  Or any of the larger islands.

I live at small town now, in Prachuap Khiri Khan, and not a good place to be single on holiday, as simply not enough people here.

Must be another generational thing. My dad always gave all the money he earned to my Mum, while I have been giving 90% of mine to my wives and feel good about it; I have been doing what I was meant to do. 

Guess Zeers are off to Huan Kin.

@Sparktrader

You should change your friends, if they all have lost 100k. I mean I know plenty of guys here and none have lost those kinds of amounts. Same like all fat people you know are sugar addicted. 

You must have a really strange kind of group of friends. 

Its easy to make sure girls don't steal from you scam you. Find the right girl don't go for one half your age when money is the only thing to make them come to you. Because then its clear they just want your money and will find a way to get it. 

It really depends who you associate with, and what kind of girls. Also how much are you willing to compromise if you want something that is normally out of your range and compensate with lots of money.. guess what type you get.

Anyway this topic has been done to death.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Must be another generational thing. My dad always gave all the money he earned to my Mum, while I have been giving 90% of mine to my wives and feel good about it; I have been doing what I was meant to do. 

Guess Zeers are off to Huan Kin.

That was back when the man went out to work and the woman stayed at home and took care of the kids .

These days woman are independent and work themselves 

I suppose if you just come here on holiday  then you are only ever going to meet a bar girl and marry her ,but those of us who had work here or spent  a lot of time here have had a chance to meet ordinary women ,like id did through work etc .

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Are you claiming you never paid them a wage, gave them money or bought them a house?

Spoke their language and are the same age as them?

Remember we're talking 'normal relationships'.

No, They were normal relationships.  

1 was a rep at Mitsubishi dealer, I had the car serviced at.  She had her own place.  <30 yrs old

1 had own house, and couple kids, about 35 yrs old. Met at pub.

1 was about 25, still live with parents.  Met at night market.  They all lasted a few to maybe 6 months. 

1 wanted to get married, not thanks.  1 was a nut, and the other yelled at my kid for not being Thai enough.  So that definitely ended.  Raising her to be a free thinker, and talking back, different opinions were fine, as long as presented respectfully.  Screw elders, if they're wrong, feel free to point that out.  Not very Thai ... oh well.

Throw in a few 1 night stands from meeting at music bar.  A very nice 3 years.  I was a 'single parent' ????, so didn't have a whole lot of evening time for socializing.

Met the 2nd wife in Udon Thani also, as she worked at her sister restaurant that I was a regular customer at.  Took months before she finally went out with me.  Turned my offers for lunch & dinner down more than a couple times ????

After 8 yrs living together, got married, and almost another 8 yeas (come May) as wife.

First Thai wife only last about 2 years, and a bit rocky.  Had a gambling and drinking problem.

20+ yrs of relationships here, and not much different than the 25 ish yrs at USA,  Except a lot more 1 night stands in USA, in between wives (2) and longer term GFs (2 live in) at USA.  No kids, plenty of party time, and so much more going on in larger metro for meeting people out of a bar scene, or at a pub.

Strangely met a lot of people during happy hours w/free buffets.  A favorite pastime of mine in Philly around South St area during the week.  Awesome place till dark, then it got 'dark' ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1