Avoid trap of losing money to women

14 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Its still hard for most guys. The little head takes over. If only it was so easy. One bloke said he wished his willy was cut off at age 20 then he would be rich.

Thought that many times. But not so much about the money but the wasted time looking for, catching, trying to keep or get away from. I'd be rich with several PHDs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

where is that? I would gladly take 5% w/o risking principle... 

Lendinvest...UK bridging loans......been using them since they started.....actual average (I am conservative) is 6.5%.....I have about 8% of my portfolio invested with them.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Thought that many times. But not so much about the money but the wasted time looking for, catching, trying to keep or get away from. I'd be rich with several PHDs

Instead of poor with several STD's?

No offense meant, I just had to take the shot ????

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 11:12 PM, Sparktrader said:

Self is boring. I love the touch of a female. A kiss, the contact. The closeness. Steak and wine not so much.

Thats why I enjoy a female massage. Its the closeness. A female haircut.

I like beer but am not blokey. I like sport yet cant stand bogans. 

Id rather get close to a woman than sit around  talking cars with blokes.

Im lazy yet want to hike.

I wish I understood me more.

then pay--up to you----i tired it and wasnt for me---i find the steak and wine better

On 4/13/2022 at 11:26 PM, Sparktrader said:

NK girls ok? Thats my plan. Rock up. Find a woman that likes kissing. Soon find out.

found one in khon kaen----kept to myself in NK  but seems there are plenty of fish in the sea

id say its more cultural than location based

I gotta give total respect to SparkTrader for living the dream.

Many pine to do it, but few get on a plane, go to god forsaken Khon Kaen, and put it out there. At best, they hug the edge of the swimming pool on Soi Post Office or Nana. I for one bet that a 500 body count is an underestimate.

If God wanted to give the world and enema, he would give it in Khon Kaen. So to go there and hit it hard with a ro-mance plan is something that would make a great indie film. Hopefully, Pauly Shore can be coaxed out of retirement.

• Haha 1

If you have a Thai friend that you can trust (really trust) - buy a house in their name and register a Usufruct agreement on the title before you even think about getting married.  In the event of a break-up, your wife can't touch it because of course, you don't own it. House? What house?

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It will be rather difficult for you to get free sex . 

Even females who don't work as prostitutes will expect something in return , electric bill being paid or shoes for the kid or something like that .

Not often sex is given away for free 

There's a whole other world out there that most here won't ever see....and that is the women paying for and buying things for the men they like/love. Before the man has even spent a single baht. 

I'm not going to write too much about it here nor will I denigrate those who choose to pay for everything.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 6:44 PM, CharlieH said:

Yeah, dont leave your common sense in the departure lounge and let the head on your shoulders dictate your actions not the  head in your pants !

The little head has no eyes. 

I checked and double checked/ Maybe mine is blind.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:

If you find a woman who takes care of you like this, she's a keeper 

Screenshot_2022-04-13-19-21-21-738_com.facebook.katana~3.jpg

Imagine that would have been a farang, he would have been the star of the year.

Free pick up service from soi Cowboy.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, Sparktrader said:

Maybe i find an ugly woman who doesnt care about money. Might be best. Just likes cooking and massages. No kids either.

These hot women all gold diggers but those hot backsides put a spell on me.

Last night at Lotesssss

I saw her and knew: "that's the one. I don't care about her face. She surely has a big heart".

9E7C051A-65E2-4866-B51D-519E204036B0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, Will B Good said:

I would argue that it doesn't.........we rent a very nice condo 15,000 baht/month.....to buy the 'market price' is 6 million.

6 million invested will get you 300,000 interest......rent 180,000

Much cheaper to rent.....and much lower risk.

Exactly.

Plus, the landlord pays the condo charges which are quickly 3000Baht a month plus pays the agent to find the tenant plus repairs etc..
Max return 2% on investment.
Invest in a fund or buy some shares which yield 5% up and you are the winner.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

It's actual a fact, it is cheaper to rent than to buy. Because we do not even talk about condo fees or maintenance to the house in general yet, the average house here needs to be rebuilt before or by the time the mortgage is done aka new mortgage/loan again. Not to mention that the interest can be that high it's actually meaning you pay 2-3X the house. So actually it is renting forever.

And for your example, the difference in profits by renting is going back into the loop, so the compound interest would even make you more rich on top of all this too.

I suppose buying here is interesting in the way Thais did when the bubble wasn't that blown up yet, they would pay off mortgage at lowest rate/cost and rent out higher + pocket the difference. Quite a difference when buying for yourself or as a business.

Totally agree plus you can sell your "shares" in a few seconds and buy higher yielding shares.

Not worth buying here.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where can you get 8% returns on an investment ?

F.ex.

Buy LGEN, Legal and General.

Actually paying a dividend of short of 7%.

Sound company and very good dividend history.
Just raised dividends again.
Buy them, compound your dividends and in a few years, you are closer to 9%

On 4/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, Grecian said:

I bought the oil giant BP at 550 15 years ago because it was paying about 6%

Share price today, less than 400!!!!

Cut its dividend too.

You should have reinvested your dividends.
Last year, you could have bought very cheap and your average purchase would also have been much lower than 550pc

On 4/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

It's actual a fact, it is cheaper to rent than to buy. 

That actually depends where, how much you pay, and how long your stay, if buying vs renting.  I would avoid renting, if possible, if knowing you'll live somewhere for 5 yrs.  You never recoup renting.

I've basically stayed 22 years in Thailand, 'rent' / housing free, buy building, selling when moving.  Actually quite profitable.  Selling, you get all your money back, and then some, means your lived 'rent' free.   Condos, probably not a lucrative.   And yea, do need a wife or trusting partner for home 'ownership'.