Fax Services Anywhere?

jwdub12

Anybody know of anywhere that does faxing services anymore? I've become eligible for a small pension back in the US. and need to send in paperwork and the only way stated electronically is by way of faxing. I'm in Jomtien and have tried the local Kodak shops along with a couple of other small shops around town and got no luck. I'm appreciative of any assistance. 

18 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

What's the difference between a scanned doc and a faxed doc?

When using an efax type of service?  Nothing.  They'll take your scan (or photo for that matter - no need to actually scan a document) and send it as a fax to a fax machine.  The person receiving it gets a fax.  Unless of course they're using a computer to receive faxes, in which case they'll get an image of a fax that they can print.  Which is probably what the person on the other end that is requiring the fax will end up doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

When using an efax type of service?  Nothing.  They'll take your scan (or photo for that matter - no need to actually scan a document) and send it as a fax to a fax machine.  The person receiving it gets a fax.  Unless of course they're using a computer to receive faxes, in which case they'll get an image of a fax that they can print.  Which is probably what the person on the other end that is requiring the fax will end up doing.

So really, scanned copy would do.

Not heard of anyone sending a fax for a long time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

A scanned copy will do fine.  As will a photo.  So long as the recipient will accept it!

There are phone apps that can convert photos to look like printed pages if you like, to get more of a printed page look.

I do business with MD offices and they seem to have stepped boldly into the 1970s and embraced FAX machines.

Anyway, I use an app on my iphone called "FAX".

Very easy to use.

What is legally equivalent doesn't matter if my contractors want it by FAX.

They used to have those fax machines that "spoke" to each other in chirping sounds. If you answered the phone you would hear chirping and you usually hung up the phone, the machine would call back and you just don't answer and the fax machine picked it up. Some people could connect them the first time while they were on the line, but not me.

You can also go into one of the shops telephone/ print / fax etc .There was one on second road before or after Mikes shopping ?? Otherwise, I’m sure if you go nicely into a 4 or 5 star hotel and ask if you can pay to send the fax, they would hardly refuse. 

• Like 1

I had it the other way recently when i had to receive a fax from a solicitor regarding land purchase at home. They were insistent that it needed to be faxed - as opposed to sending an email attachment. I used the free service on Faxburner.com - worked great - arrived as am email attachment LOL. 

They let you send also - 5 free  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PJ71 said:

True, but banks and other institutions see fax as being very secure, compared to sending a document in the body of an e.mail or as an attachment to an e.mail, seen as quite insecure. 

My pension fund will only accept fax.

Send them a document by e.mail and they will quickly reply 'not accepted', plus a long explanation of just how insecure e.mail is and quoting several examples of how scammers are continuously/automatically scanning all e.mail for documents which contain bank account details and more.

16 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I do business with MD offices and they seem to have stepped boldly into the 1970s and embraced FAX machines.

Anyway, I use an app on my iphone called "FAX".

Very easy to use.

What is legally equivalent doesn't matter if my contractors want it by FAX.

Yes, sadly the US healthcare system seems to have made fax their tech stack of choice. Oddly most practices use systems to turn everything but the fax infrastructure itself digital.

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes people have a large amount of paper they need to send electronically, even fax.  I just left Northrop Grumman and in order to submit a State tax withholding W2 request one had to fax it!  Anyway, if one has a lot of paper, maybe records they need to digitize to send, one really needs to use a copy machine such as Fed Ex Kinko stores or other such stores have and feed in the papers and they scan and make it a pdf file(s) you can then email.  Hand held scanners are OK for small jobs.  I had a scan wand but never used it much.  Using smart phone and several apps that make PDF files after taking the photo are pretty handy, but it is hard to beat just stacking the papers in the feeder on a copy machine and letting it PDF it.  I also do have an electronic fax app on my PC that works great, if, if one has a digital file on your computer, thumb drive, etc.