Milli International Performance Highlights Thai Soft Power

snoop1130

The fact that thais are going crazy about her being one of the acts at a music festival and that she had a thai snack, which would be so very trivial in most countries, just shows how trivial thailand is on the world stage.

Edited by poskat
  • Like 2

Wait till the PM hears she said "Country is good. People is good. Our food is good, but government is bood".

So is her name pronounced Minni?

Opinion: Prayut tried to steal credit for Millis’ Coachella performance, and it’s despicable

The reason he avoided mentioning her on Monday was because it was only a day after the 19-year-old rapper’s performance. Prayut knows that praising someone who he was suing for defamation which led to #Saveมิลลิ would come with a backlash no matter how he puts it.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/39482/prayut-tried-to-steal-credit-for-millis-coachella-performance-and-its-despicable/

Edited by mtls2005

4 hours ago, brommers said:

Lapsus? What is/are lapsus Internationalism?

possible her "bood" is the same category. But also can have a meaning in rapper's slang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsus

"In philology, a lapsus (Latin for "lapse, slip, error") is an involuntary mistake made while writing or speaking. ...

Types of lapsus[edit]

In literature, a number of different types of lapsus are named depending on the mode of correspondence:[8]

lapsus linguae (pl. same): slip of the tongue

lapsus calami: slip of the pen[9] With the variation of lapsus clavis: slip of the typewriter

lapsus manus: slip of the hand, similar to lapsus calami

lapsus memoriae: slip of memory

Types of slips of the tongue[edit]

Slips of the tongue can happen on any level:

Syntactic - "is" instead of "was".

Phrasal slips of tongue - "I'll explain this tornado later".[clarification needed]

Lexical/semantic - "moon full" instead of "full moon".

Morphological level - "workings paper".[clarification needed]

Phonological (sound slips) - "flow snurries" instead of "snow flurries".

Additionally, each of these five levels of error may take various forms:

Anticipations: Where an early output item is corrupted by an element belonging to a later one,[10] thus "reading list" - "leading list"

Perseverations or post-sonances: Where a later output item is corrupted by an element belonging to an earlier one[11] Thus "waking rabbits" - "waking wabbits".

Deletions: Where an output element is somehow totally lost, thus "same state" - "same sate"

Shift or Spoonerism: Moving a letter, thus "black foxes" - "back floxes"

Haplologies[12] or fusion: Half one word and half the other, thus "stummy" instead of "stomach or tummy"[13]

Pun[14] "

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarcB said:

For all I care, she can eat as much smelly mango with rice as she wants.

As long as she does the dishes afterwards.

I'm not gonna do it.

I'd love to snack on her smelly mango..

but yeah, she can sort the dishes.

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

the prime minister said several times "software" instead of "soft power", before being corrected by journalists.

His previous language lapsus was mispronouncing names of different vaccines (even if he read text from the script). At the same time he was responsible for contracting them from producers. 

and not a year ago the government sued her (and the other 20 musicians) for defaming government, when they criticised failed vax program.

Change of events.

"Teen Rapper Milli Fined In Social Media Crackdown On Celebrities Who Criticise Govt"

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003616 

Now THIS is a more honest and objective account than this utter piece of obnoxious ultra nationalism from the usual culprit, NNT.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BayArea said:

You and I must be married to the same woman!  My wife feels the same way.  Other than visiting the country every other year to see her family,  she has repeatedly told me she never wants to live in Thailand again. I asked her why she has so much resentment and negative views of her homeland,  she said after living in America and traveling abroad,  she sees Thailand for what it is. 

Same  with mine she  calls  her  fellow  nationals , lazy ,stupid , selfish ,greedy.......of  course its  me that get suspeneded for  saying it  though and she doesnt even waste  time visiting the family at  all.

• Like 1