Kids v no kids

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Kids vs no kids is always going to be a difficult discussion because those without kids have no idea what its like. Those with kids have no idea what it's like to be at that stage of their life without kids. 

So, had I never had children I could have been perfect happy. But now that I have a child I am exceptionally happy.

I raised a step daughter. Its not 100% the same cause in your head not yours. Got all the experience though.

I wanted a kid but kept putting it off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grecian said:

after 50 i found living for my own pleasures doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

I'm 54 now and 55% of me wishes I had found someone when l was your age and banged one out. ????

Thats what i feel

Sex is boring

Hitting 50

Wish i had 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I raised a step daughter. Its not 100% the same

I am raising a niece since she was 1 year old - I can't imagine any way in which it is different...

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But now that I have a child I am exceptionally happy.

Yes, I too have been happy and lucky w/raising my niece. However, I have friends in USA who have major problems. These are great people who are devoted parents w/plenty of resources and they have girls who at age 14 start taking off, runaways w/serious drug problems and living in slums, do not come back for months at a time, doing who knows what for their next fix..

But, we are both lucky to have good kids... my friends have had every advantage and worked hard for financial success and they live in misery and worry until they see their daughter again and then struggle to find help... 

• Like 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

For what reason?

So that life for you is not boring?

To guide your child in the direction you want?

It seems lots of kids want something other than their parents. Would you accept that?

I think lots of people dream about this wonderful idea of a happy family. But then, looking around at reality, how many happy families exist?

I feel something missing. I gave the step daughter a great life. She took it for granted. Very selfish.

I would mind having my own kid. But Id want a boy. Girls are just a problem.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For what reason?

So that life for you is not boring?

To guide your child in the direction you want?

It seems lots of kids want something other than their parents. Would you accept that?

I think lots of people dream about this wonderful idea of a happy family. But then, looking around at reality, how many happy families exist?

Ok so what do you do in spare time? Drink? Sport?

Im.bored.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then, looking around at reality, how many happy families exist?

I think in first and new world countries, not many - but more so in developing countries as they tend to share. 

If people are strapped, it is a financial burden and can be a problem, yet somehow poor people manage to have kids and delight in them. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

I think in first and new world countries, not many - but more so in developing countries as they tend to share. 

If people are strapped, it is a financial burden and can be a problem, yet somehow poor people manage to have kids and delight in them. 

Its weird. Poor more happy in many ways.

I had two kids in the UK, one is now close to 48 & the other not far behind, my g/f doesn't want kids which to me is a blessing, they are hard work, exhausting & expensive, I enjoy a quiet existence these days, and at 68 pushing 69 I really don't need to be busy with kids. ????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

interesting subject - maybe poor people have lower expectations and have less pressure and stress... ??

Been said that a Westerner has a big house, 2 cars, several computers, several tv's and is miserable while a poor Thai has a small house w/a hammock underneath, a little b&W tv and a small plot of land to grow some veggies and he is in heaven... 

More debt in west. Hate job, trying too hard to be rich.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

If you had kids was it worth it?

I've had 6,

Two in the UK & finished the job

Two in the UK I abandoned (not by choice)

One in Thailand & finished the job

One in Thailand work in progress

All worthwhile, wish I'd had a few more.

I've had to buy a few rabbits to keep the love coming.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've had 6,

Two in the UK & finished the job

Two in the UK I abandoned (not by choice)

One in Thailand & finished the job

One in Thailand work in progress

All worthwhile, wish I'd had a few more.

May I ask. I know from your other posts that at least one of these isn't your biological

offspring. Did that make any difference in your assessment?

• Like 1