3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera 0-60 Time: 4.0 seconds 
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera T 0-60 Time: 4.3 seconds
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet 0-60 Time: 4.2 seconds
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 0-60 Time: 4.0 seconds
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 0-60 Time: 4.2 second
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Targa 4 0-60 Time: 4.2 seconds

They are all slower

What absolute folly on so many levels. EV and hybrid owners= moron alert. Car merely displaces CO2 for starts but driving half ton equivalent of c4 ???? ????.

The batteries go bad with utmost certainty. New battery cost you the cost of the car. Cars used to last 50 years, these will last seven

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

This one, the dual motor version. At least in a straight line.

Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 18.18.50.png

Thanks. The quoted 0-100km/h is certainly impressive, particularly for the price! The top end at 180kph not so much unfortunately. Any idea as to why they limit these cars so much as they’re obviously capable of going much faster. To preserve the battery perhaps …

For reference purposes, here’s a comparison between the ‘slowest’ 992 gen (base) 911 and the quoted performance stats for the fastest ex30:

992 (base):

power: 385ps

power/weight: 253 ps/t

0-100: 4.2 (quoted)

0-100: 3.2 (actual, source: fastestlaps)

top speed: 293kph

EX30 Twin Motor:

power: 434ps

power/weight: 223ps/t

0-100: 3.6 (quoted)

top speed: 180kph

Ignoring the fact that Porsche massively under rate the performance  statistics of their cars, I’d say that the slowest 911 is certainly faster, even potentially in a straight line. Can’t deny that the EX30 is a performance bargain though, interesting times!

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, HarveyWlc said:

Thanks. The quoted 0-100km/h is certainly impressive, particularly for the price! The top end at 180kph not so much unfortunately. Any idea as to why they limit these cars so much as they’re obviously capable of going much faster. To preserve the battery perhaps …

For reference purposes, here’s a comparison between the ‘slowest’ 992 gen (base) 911 and the quoted performance stats for the fastest ex30:

992 (base):

EX30 Twin Motor:

Ignoring the fact that Porsche massively under rate the performance  statistics of their cars, I’d say that the slowest 911 is certainly faster, even potentially in a straight line. Can’t deny that the EX30 is a performance bargain though, interesting times!

Actually fastestlaps got the 0-60 at 3.2 but the 0-100kph was 3.7 seconds, a 10th of a second slower than the Volvo, EX 30 performance

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Are any of those 911's EV.....?

Doubtful.  There were a few more 911s listed on the site, quicker, but that was the query, and don't know if they EVs either.   Surely if a 911 EV, it would be faster than the Volvo.

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Actually fastestlaps got the 0-60 at 3.2 but the 0-100kph was 3.7 seconds, a 10th of a second slower than the Volvo, EX 30 performance

Do we have some budding drag racers here............?  :stoner:

I mean, none of you will be doing a sub 4 second run on the way to Tesco's..........????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Well spotted. Could be quicker to 60 with a full battery at least, shall look forward to seeing the real life performance stats.

Not sure if I can post the link, but CarWow has an interesting video of an MG4 X vs the latest gen BMW M2 which is worth a watch.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Quicker..........????

Just rechecked the site I peeked at for ones I listed, and all ICE, though did have a 911 turbo @ 2.6 seconds ????

Still slower than the fast EV out there, but 2.6, that's damn impressive.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Just rechecked the site I peeked at for ones I listed, and all ICE, though did have a 911 turbo @ 2.6 seconds ????

Still slower than the fast EV out there, but 2.6, that's damn impressive.

Bit like comparing a Spitfire with a Hawker Hunter though........????

Both good, but the modern power supply makes the difference..????

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HarveyWlc said:

992 (base):

EX30 Twin Motor:

The 180kmh cap is a global Volvo safety thing, nothing to do with the battery. I think it was brought in in 2020 - they limit all their cars to a 180kmh top speed: petrol, hybrid, electric - and it is part of their pledge to eventually have zero fatalities in a Volvo car. Not sure I agree with it, but I rarely feel the need to go over 180kmh on the road these days (have done it plenty of times in my younger days).

I should point out that although the ex30 is very fast it is kind of ridiculous talking about it in comparison to a 911. A 911 is a pure bred, highly focused, mid-engined sports car. An ex30 is a small family SUV. Totally different beasts, but alas, we do live in interesting times and I am all in favour of them.

Even in comparison to a 911 the EV performance is addictive as it is instant, it is such a different feeling. I rented this beast for 24 hours in Dubai to race up and down some mountains and it was incredible. Faster on paper (0-100kmh in 3 seconds) but there's a lag, albeit small. A fast EV has no lag and just feels faster. Having said that I would take the 488 Italia Spider over the Volvo in an instant. ????

25073045_10155437937532672_3822473941296506654_o.jpeg

Edited by josephbloggs
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jelli said:

No charging stations

Condos I'll equipt for charging

But WHY electrcity lol? Hybrids make even less sense than overpriced insanity of EVs

You have literally no idea what you are talking about, apart from the condo point.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Ah, sorry, maybe English is not your first language. He asked if there anything better for the price point. But instead you have posted a picture of something that is dirty, noisy, smelly, slow, and has a massively plasticky interior with vastly inferior tech and no premium materials or luxury additions like a Harmon/Kardon sound system, or unrivaled passive and active safety systems. This is called "much worse". Easy mistake to make.

Next time look for someone asking for something worse, or more old fashioned. Happy to help!

Ahh sorry Maybe in what ever is your first language "tongue in cheek" was not taught in school.

But yeah If I has a coupla lazy mill... the Raptor would be in my garage not the over priced sewing machine.

FWIW the Raptor has a crappy 10 speaker Bang & Olufsen system

Edited by Ralf001
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

The 180kmh thing is a global Volvo safety thing, nothing to do with the battery. I think it was brought in in 2020 - they limit all their cars to a 180kmh top speed

Gotcha.

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Having said that I would take the 488 Italia Spider over the Volvo in an instant

Ha I can imagine, the fact we’re even comparing small family SUV’s to sports/supercars is bonkers. There’s so many other elements to take into consideration such as weight, steering feel, gearing, track performance and of course the size of the smile the car puts on your face.

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ahh sorry Maybe in what ever is your first language "tongue in cheek" was not taught in school.

But yeah If I has a coupla lazy mill... the Raptor would be in my garage not the over priced sewing machine.

FWIW the Raptor has a crappy 10 speaker Bang & Olufsen system

Do you have all those disco lights flashing on your ride, green fluorescent tubes dangling underneath, wiv huge speakers outback playing your stuff for people who don't want to hear it........? ????..............????

One of the differences with EV’s over ICE vehicles is that when you put your foot down, you have the full horsepower instantly regardless of motor rpm, whereas in an ICE vehicle, the power builds to the quoted hp at a peak and then drops off, and the average power is a lot less than that, probably half the quoted hp, EV hp could probably be doubled to compare to ICE hp.

I might be wrong, it’s just a theory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

One of the differences with EV’s over ICE vehicles is that when you put your foot down, you have the full horsepower instantly regardless of motor rpm, whereas in an ICE vehicle, the power builds to the quoted hp at a peak and then drops off, and the average power is a lot less than that, probably half the quoted hp, EV hp could probably be doubled to compare to ICE hp.

I might be wrong, it’s just a theory.

Aaaah, the Spitfire & Hawker Hunter thing................:clap2:

I could go down the transmission converter explanation regarding an ICE being quick, but I won't..????