Electric Vehicles in Thailand

26 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

There was a fire at a Petrol station in Surin this week,  one of the few that didn’t have any EV charging! 

I drove past it yesterday and it was totally gutted. The sooner they are replaced by clean safe EV charging stations the better.  

Thailand has some of the worst air pollution in the world they should seriously consider Ultra Low Emission Zones for city centers with financial incentives to help people dump the pump.

IMG_4391.jpeg.ac7399f70c82f6de38671ddc3330ddc6.jpeg

IMG_4377.thumb.jpeg.3e43d75ae735aeb6549d072d0e929eaa.jpeg

The e-bikes are already here. Apparently they catch fire 🔥 more frequently than their 4-wheeled bigger brothers.

20240617_135943.jpg

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Another BYD owner's cry for help.

Screenshot_20240616_201744_Facebook.jpg

Another BYD owner is happy with his purchase:

” I think that EVs are really the bees knees, best thing since sliced bread. The ride is so smooth, the acceleration so imperceptible that very often, I surprise myself at the speed that I’m travelling at. I’m definitely a convert 

Yes, without a link it is just someone’s opinion.

Touché

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You only have ICEVs because you are biased against EVs. If you were really unbiased, you would have an EV and an ICEV. 

Not sure where you are going with this but it is just odd.

If I admire EVs I should immediately sell my ICEVs and buy an EV? What financial sense would that make? And then if a new model of EV comes out that I like I should immediately sell my EV and buy a new one? Do you do that with your phones? A new Samsung comes out which you think is cool so you would sell your one year old iPhone and go buy a Samsung?? Or would you continue with your iPhone then when you are ready to buy a new one consider the Samsung?

Strange logic, strange argument.

Mt latest ICEV is still pretty new and I am still paying off the finance with just a few months to go. I bought it just before EVs really started to take off and, I admit, I didn't think EVs would float my boat, but I have since spent three days with one and toured several 100s of kms in it.  For my own reasons now is not the sensible time to go and buy a new car when the one I have is still perfectly modern and desirable. But when I do buy a new car it will be an EV, 100%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Not sure where you are going with this but it is just odd.

If I admire EVs I should immediately sell my ICEVs and buy an EV? What financial sense would that make? And then if a new model of EV comes out that I like I should immediately sell my EV and buy a new one? Do you do that with your phones? A new Samsung comes out which you think is cool so you would sell your one year old iPhone and go buy a Samsung?? Or would you continue with your iPhone then when you are ready to buy a new one consider the Samsung?

Strange logic, strange argument.

Mt latest ICEV is still pretty new and I am still paying off the finance with just a few months to go. I bought it just before EVs really started to take off and, I admit, I didn't think EVs would float my boat, but I have since spent three days with one and toured several 100s of kms in it.  For my own reasons now is not the sensible time to go and buy a new car when the one I have is still perfectly modern and desirable. But when I do buy a new car it will be an EV, 100%.

So, your next purchase "...will be an EV, 100%." 

Sounds pretty biased, no? 

• Confused 4

18 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Another BYD owner is happy with his purchase:

” I think that EVs are really the bees knees, best thing since sliced bread. The ride is so smooth, the acceleration so imperceptible that very often, I surprise myself at the speed that I’m travelling at. I’m definitely a convert 

Yes, without a link it is just someone’s opinion.

Touché

Just wait until it is your turn to enjoy one of the many EV killer error messages.

Screenshot_20240619_193125_Google.jpg

FB_IMG_1718800237692.jpg

• Confused 4

32 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

My God, it's like being in the school playground.

Yes, I admit, I'm biased for or against EVs, which ever one you think - I can't keep track any more, but well done, you win.

You are coming across as being rather pathetic, you really never could keep track. 

• Confused 5

42 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yeap...quite a few things you can not do in a vehicle's infotainment system while the car is in Drive....it's a safety thing.  Ditto for my 2009 Toyota Fortuner ICEV when using its infotainment system...gotta be stopped/in Park to access certain functions....a safety thing.

Unless you side loaded them of course !!

I can access YouTube and a few different browsers while on the move, but obviously don’t and limit it to YouTube Music .

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Discount: Reduced price 160,000! Special price BYD Dolphin electric car 100%: 559,900 – 699,900 baht | Clear stock before assembly in Thailand

https://autolifethailand.tv/official-discount-price-byd-dolphin-june-2024/

It would appear for the moment that the following are no longer included in the new pricing

Maintenance service, labor, spare parts for 6 years or 100,000 km.
Home Charger With installation rights*

warranty period has been increased

It extends the warranty period from the warranty manual and maintenance records from 6 years or 150,000 kilometers, whichever comes first, to 8 years or 160,000 kilometers,

Spare parts and extended warranty Please refer to the company's letter on extending the quality guarantee period (Extended Warranty) including changes made by the company. Will be announced in the future.

https://www.reverautomotive.com/en/news/byd-dolphin-day-campaign

• Like 1

BYD DOLPHIN
👉 Launching 6 Aug. ค. 2023
🐬Standard Range 699,999 บาท
🐬Extended Range 859,999 บาท
👉RUN OUT Campaign
22-30 June 2024 (almost complete 1 year)
🐬Standard Range 559,900 Baht (⬇️140,099 Baht, 20%)
🐬Extended Range 699,900 baht (⬇️160,099 baht, 18.6%)
------------------------
BYD ATTO 3
👉 Launching 1 May. ย. 2022
1,199,900 Baht
👉RUN OUT Campaign
29 November - 31 Dec. 2023 (Completed a little over 1 year)
🐲Get money back 100,000 Baht.
👉FINAL RUN OUT Campaign
27 March . - 30 April. 2024 (1 year 5-6 months)
🐲Standard 2023 899,900 Baht (⬇️200,000 Baht, 18.2%)
🐲Extended 2023 949,900 baht (⬇️250,000 baht, 20.8%)
------------
BYD SEAL
👉 Launching on 28 Aug. ย. 2023
🦭DYNAMIC 1,325,000 บาท
🦭PREMIUM 1,449,000 บาท
🦭AWD PERFOMANCE 1,599,000 บาท
👉RUN OUT Campaign
Predicated  price  September  2024 (Complete 1 year ⬇️20%)
🦭DYNAMIC 1,059,000 บาท (⬇️266,000 บาท)
🦭PREMIUM 1,159,000 บาท (⬇️290,000 บาท)
🦭AWD PERFOMANCE 1,279,000 บาท (⬇️320,000 บาท)
Wouldn't it be better if the Brand reduce the number of imports prior to launching Thai local model 
rather than price reduction which affect's the value of current owners  EV investment
  • Like 1

Not sure the which items in the rever package goes with this dolphin discount , I do not see the free maintenance for  8 years . I wish they stop adding and deleting to their rever package but at least we have free tint around the car I think ( xu max )  this round included 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The anti-EV brigade are relentless.

I only have one thing to say to you “Get a life, find something else to occupy your time “

I’m all stocked up on your nonsense, sell crazy someplace else please.

Saw you over in the Ford Raptor thread talking smack, “Get a life, find something else to occupy your time “

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1