Electric Vehicles in Thailand

15 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I apologise, I couldn't resist it.

Some of those speeds are jaw dropping ... less than 3 seconds will pull you back in the seat

Edited by KhunLA

I get the impression that the front air con air vents on the Seal can swing like a home air con, not sure if horizontally, vertically or both  ??

If that’s true that’s a great idea !!

Or has it been around for a while and i just haven’t ventured into the price bracket, that has these luxury options, before ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I get the impression that the front air con air vents on the Seal can swing like a home air con, not sure if horizontally, vertically or both  ??

If that’s true that’s a great idea !!

Or has it been around for a while and i just haven’t ventured into the price bracket, that has these luxury options, before ??

Indeed it can watch the video start at 15:40

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Indeed it can watch the video start at 15:40

That’s great thanks.

Pressure’s rising ????

Here’s something else that I learned today:

The front cup holders have a small button between them and the armrest storage, I wasn’t sure what it was for but with the help of the manual I learned.

The drivers side cup holder is adjustable for depth by 40mm, pushing down on the bottom of the cup holder ( or whichever beverage you are drinking ) you can set the height and the button returns the base of cup holder to its original height. ( this was on a Performance model, not sure if applies to Premium ).

It’s the little things that make you smile ????

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So I would go with the Space Grey:

IMG_1330.thumb.jpeg.6831596b7e0317b1b80b46cf5f315704.jpeg

It’s a grey/blue that I think is perfect even though I haven’t seen it in person yet.

i saw the car in space grey, but only in the showroom and not in daylight. it looks really great!

the byd seal (in space grey) is at the top of my list. the car's price-performance ratio is hard to beat.

but for now, i will wait with an order, it seems that several new bev will be arriving in the thai market

in the next few months ... 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 2:41 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

As stated earlier I can confirm that the Seal doesn’t come with the video recorder ( built in dash cam ) as included with Atto 3, asked at my local Auto Show.

The Show just had the Performance Seal in Velocity Blue, + a Dolphin, disappointing as I wanted to check out the Space Gray colour. 

I did have a look at the Aion Y Plus and although I don’t care for the looks of the car they put on a good showing. Emphasis on the ability to sleep inside with the front seats laid back flat and an air bed installed. The boot space initially looks standard but lift up the 2 level boot floor and it reveals a very deep space with an emergency spare included. It also has the longest rear legroom of any car I have seen, it’s like a London taxi !!

Same for the Seal, it was just a matter of time - these guys install the camera for THB 2800:

39 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Same for the Seal, it was just a matter of time - these guys install the camera for THB 2800:

Yup, I posted that video last Friday, seems very easy to diy and according to some FB posters the camera can be bought for 1800 baht on AliEx.

Aesthetically is the best option but no sound and some reports that the resolution isn’t great at night time. Seems a shame that the camera isn’t being developed further to improve and add sound.

Some might say that buying a car for 1 1/2 million baht warrants a decent dash cam with front and rear facing cameras. But of course that needs some trailing wires or hardwire to add to the expense.

I prefer the minimalistic approach and would splash out 1800 baht to check it out for myself, plus being a Yorkshireman I recognise it as being the cheapest option ????

• Like 1

Today I meet with SCB to discuss finance of the BYD Seal Premium (RWD LR) just as Tesla drops it’s price!

BYD Seal Premium ฿1,449,000 - ฿230,000 for freebies = ฿1,219,000

5.9sec 0-100

86 (gross) kWh LFP Battery

Range Claim 650 km

V2L

Indicator Stalks

Drive selector 

Driver’s display

HUD

Dealerships in most provinces

DC charging at all Dealers

Tesla Model 3 RWD ฿1,559,000 + ฿50,000 for white = ฿1,649,000

6.1sec 0-100

62.3 (gross) kWh LFP Battery

Range Claim 513 km

No V2L

Indicator Buttons

Drive selector On the screen

No Driver’s display

No HUD

Dealership in BKK

DC charging in 4 locations (BKK and Pattaya)

Did I miss anything?

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Today I meet with SCB to discuss finance of the BYD Seal Premium (RWD LR) just as Tesla drops it’s price!

5.9sec 0-100

Range Claim 650 km

V2L

Indicator Stalks

Drive selector 

Driver’s display

HUD

6.1sec 0-100

Range Claim 513 km

No V2L

Indicator Buttons

No Driver’s display

No HUD

Dealership in BKK

Did I miss anything?

Apart from Tesla also available in red I think you got it covered.

I saw a red Tesla the other day, it’s a nice colour almost a wine red I would say.

But, I don’t drink wine.

46 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I prefer the minimalistic approach and would splash out 1800 baht to check it out for myself, plus being a Yorkshireman I recognise it as being the cheapest option ????

Yorkshireman here too (Guiseley), for those that don't about Yorkshiremen, we are like Scotsmen with the generosity wrung out of them.

Edited by JBChiangRai

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Apart from Tesla also available in red I think you got it covered.

I saw a red Tesla the other day, it’s a nice colour almost a wine red I would say.

But, I don’t drink wine.

You did say you’re a Yorkshireman?

IMG_2150.thumb.png.f82d28cbf6763473a83e7f1a8a709ad0.png

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yorkshireman here too (Guiseley), for those that don't about Yorkshiremen, we are like Scotsmen with the generosity wrung out of them.

Guiseley !, a stones throw, literally, from where I was brought up ( Baildon ).

This time last year ( well end of August ) was sitting outside The White Cross enjoying a cold beverage with my mate watching the Harley’s on the ride out from the rally.

Watching some EV’s also.

Anyone spot the feeble attempt to get back on topic ?

48 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Just picked up the car - dealer will install the dash cam for THB 4000. Since I am neither Scottish nor Dutch, that is what I will have done.........  ????

I am pleased for you! I am not pleased for me. The dealership still cannot give me a delivery date.

What model did you get? I guess you mentioned it in an earlier post, but I can't find it.

4 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

5.9sec 0-100

Range Claim 650 km

V2L

Indicator Stalks

Drive selector 

Driver’s display

HUD

6.1sec 0-100

Range Claim 513 km

No V2L

Indicator Buttons

No Driver’s display

No HUD

Dealership in BKK

Did I miss anything?

Anyone thinkin about paying in cash doesn't get the full B230,000 freebies as within the B230,000 is the 1.8 interest rate for 4 years

for cash buyers the freebies in reduced to B153,740   B76,260 difference compared to someone that pays the 30% down payment and takes finance over 48 months

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Like 1