Electric Vehicles in Thailand

After looking at the charger fire video at least a dozen times, especially the first 10 seconds where it shows the electrical short/fire just beginning, I'm still unsure if that was the actual charger or just some junction/breaker box in the general shape of a wall charge or an enclosure box the charger was mounted within just for some more physical protection or a circuit box leading to the charger...etc....etc.   

It's just the initial few seconds the short/fire is beginning that short/fire is "so visible like it "not" inside the charger itself but outside the charge."  And I've never seen a wall charger with a transparent/clear cover that would allow seeing into the charger.   It seems like if the short/fire started "inside" the charger the plastic case of the charger would visually block being able to see any short/fire"  for X-amount of seconds/minutes but as I said during the first 10 seconds or so the very initial short/fire is very easy to see. 

But hey, the whole video is low resolution and gets washed/overexposed by the brightness of the  fire....just hard to tell "visually" where the short exactly occurred....that is, in charger itself, a junction box leading to the charger, where the charging cable connects to the charger, etc.   

https://www.thairath.co.th/video/news/topnews/hotclip/795452

On 6/26/2024 at 4:46 PM, Yellowtail said:

While 316 has better corrosion resistance, 304 generally does not rust.

If I had to bet. the "rust" appearing on Cybertrucks is a result of carbon contamination from the tooling. This is a common issue, and probably the number one customer service issue with fabricated stainless-steel products. 

Yeah we do a lot of stainless fabrication.

We have a complete seperarate facilty for stainless (and aluminium)  so there is no cross contamination from our steel production.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah we do a lot of stainless fabrication.

We have a complete seperarate facilty for stainless (and aluminium)  so there is no cross contamination from our steel production.

When I was at our California plant, we sold a stainless job for one of the prisons. Not a huge order, but about $250K as I remember. When the order went through welding, some numb-skull used carbon wire....

according to this youtube video, zeekr will start selling cars on september 11, 2024.

the company's aim is to sell about 500 cars per month. in my opinion, that is just too optimistic!

i wonder where they will open branches ... only in bangkok or ...

i love the zeekr 001, one of the best looking ev car. at the motor show, i was impressed with the zeekr 007.

unfortunately, both models are not right-hand drive at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

according to this youtube video, zeekr will start selling cars on september 11, 2024.

the company's aim is to sell about 500 cars per month. in my opinion, that is just too optimistic!

That's an aspirational company target and also serves as good advertising/hype to make some folks think the Zeekr is going to sell like hotcakes....I better get in line now to get mine.   And it also puts pressure on Zeekr sales people/dealerships to sell, sell, sell in trying to meet the company a company target.   

Now while they might get lucky and meet that 500/month target for a few months which is often typical for brand new, highly hyped/promoted models "when just released" and bought by those who "just gotta have" the latest-and-greatest model, after that spike in sales rolls way off....the fade has fissled.  

Buy hey, time will tell....preaching to the choir I know.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1