Want To Buy Condo Or House

craigt3365

I just spent some time in Hua Hin looking at real estate and will be in the Pattaya area doing the same. I know Thailand fairly well, have lived here off and on for 5+ years, have a Thai wife, and would like to buy something as it will be a long term investment.

Still doing the debate between a house and a condo (I am retired and travel a lot, so a condo is probably more appealing, but do love those houses with a pool!). Would like to keep it around 6-8MB, higher quality.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good real estate agent to show me around for a day? I also have a rental car and will do some driving around the area, including Sattahip and Rayong. I don't really want to buy in the busy "downtown" Pattaya area. I am retired and looking for a more relaxing place to live...

I have been lurking on this thread and the real estate one for some time...great posts and very interesting info.

Thanks!

Craig

The further out of downtown Pattaya you get the better,you can buy much more for your money if you dont mind been outside the city,there are so many agents in Pattaya now it would be hard to recommend any particular one,but with the money you want to spend you can get a very nice house with pool,condos are better from a security point of view if you dont intend to be home much,and the up keep is a lot less than a house,maintaining the pool with the house,and having someone to gaurd it when you are not there becomes a problem.The privacy of your own pool is nice,but a condo bought in a nice place and well designed is also nice and a lot less hassle.

Glad to hear that you are looking for a condo in Pattaya.

Well, I have a room for sale but I'm not sure if it will meet your inquiry.

The room is in Saranchol Condominium,Naklua-Banglamung. On 12th floor, 161 sq.m. The room features 2 bedrooms and bathrooms with a big balcony and living room. The price is 10 million baht.

Although it seems too expensive but I think it's good for re-sale.

If you are interested and would like to inspecting, Please contact me at 085-057-1617

Thanks,,,

puuchai: Good recommendation. I have been debating the condo vs. house. I do travel a lot, usually gone for 4-6 weeks at a clip, so the house could be a real problem. I just came back from Samui (would never buy there, it is too crazy) and they are having a real problem with house breakins.

Kittikan: I will call you later! Just got into Pattaya....

Thanks for all your help!

Craig

I just spent some time in Hua Hin looking at real estate and will be in the Pattaya area doing the same. I know Thailand fairly well, have lived here off and on for 5+ years, have a Thai wife, and would like to buy something as it will be a long term investment.

Still doing the debate between a house and a condo (I am retired and travel a lot, so a condo is probably more appealing, but do love those houses with a pool!). Would like to keep it around 6-8MB, higher quality.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good real estate agent to show me around for a day? I also have a rental car and will do some driving around the area, including Sattahip and Rayong. I don't really want to buy in the busy "downtown" Pattaya area. I am retired and looking for a more relaxing place to live...

I have been lurking on this thread and the real estate one for some time...great posts and very interesting info.

Thanks!

Craig

Thanks!

Craig

Hi Craig,

I just read your thread above and I have a beautifully furnished large one bedroom-2 bath condo(126 sq meters), corner unit, 26th floor condo in Jomtien Plaza Condotel for sale. Asking price is

8,450,000 baht, but I am willing to negotiate. It's a great building, very convenient location and a truely great unit. It's right on the water and has great ocean views.

If you would like to see it, please call me at 0814290500

Ed

Holt had a great article in the recent Pattaya Trader (the huge mag with properties on one side and news/stuff for sale on the other). One of the best articles I have read so far on what is going on here in Thailand...and recommendations on what to do...hold tight!

I am in town for only a week or so and just want to look around. Mainly in Bang Saray area and south of there...

Wondered how long it would take for the Estate Agents to jump on this thread.Business must be slow if your resorting to trawling chat forums for business !!!

EPG.

Hpw do you know they are agents? They maybe the owners!

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear that you are looking for a condo in Pattaya.

Well, I have a room for sale but I'm not sure if it will meet your inquiry.

The room is in Saranchol Condominium,Naklua-Banglamung. On 12th floor, 161 sq.m. The room features 2 bedrooms and bathrooms with a big balcony and living room. The price is 10 million baht.

Although it seems too expensive but I think it's good for re-sale.

If you are interested and would like to inspecting, Please contact me at 085-057-1617

Thanks,,,

Are you really sure that you have a unit for sale at this price? in this condo. They say if it is too good to be true...

Nevertheless since I know the couple that reside there I know for a fact that it is not for sale.

My guess is that you are an Real Estate Agent trying to rope in customers with prices designed to get your phone ringing.

Business must be slow or perhaps this is your normal tactic.

I can think of many adjectives to describe you but to list them here would probably earn me a holiday. Therefore perhaps you can use your limited imagination to know what I think of the likes of you. :o