Anyone been to Indonesia or The Philippines for a golf trip lately?

Mover1

I've been golfing 3-4 times a week in Phuket for the last 18 months and could do with a change of scenery. Seems like travelling restrictions might be getting easier for re-entering Thailand within the next few months at last, so i'd like to plan a trip away.

I've never been to Indonesia or The Philippines for a golf trip, could anyone with experience in these places help me decide where's a good place to go and play a few rounds? Bit more interested in Indonesia if i'm honest, Jakarta looks pretty good.

I've also never travelled abroad with golf clubs, but i've got a travel bag and am aware of extra charges for baggage. Is there anything else i should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not, think too many have gone as there are still restrictions as you say. You might be better of, by asking questions about this in the Malaysia forum. If you just want to know quality and scenery, of course. ???? 

Thanks for the suggestions but i'm not looking for other courses inside Thailand. I already have plans to play some in Pattaya later this year and have some friends living up there to contact when i do, but i'm looking at a break outside Thailand around June time. I played at some Hua Hin courses last year, and Phang-Nga on the way back to Phuket, enjoyed playing at all of them.

Sounds like no ones played Indonesia then, thats a shame as was looking for pointers. No worries.