British Man

I am a British Man living in Thailand under the visa by retirement rules. I get it extended every year.

I am fully vacininated with pfiser and have the cert to prove it.  Can I travel to Samui by car, via Donsak without a PCR test?

15 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

You can travel anywhere within Thailand by car without a PCR test. You can even fly into Thailand without a PCR or ATK test from May 1st. Some domestic airlines might ask to see your vaccination status when flying domestically but not sure if they still will. 

I am not interested in the rest of Thailand. Samui is a special case and as such makes it's own rules.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Op shouldn't have a problem if vax'd going to Samui.  Current youtube vid aren't mentioning being tested.  They DO CHECK your vax status, strangely after arriving to Samui, as you EXIT the ferry.  Reported by YT'er - RW4U, when arriving on Samui.

Phuket would be a different story, if an official considers you a 'tourist', vax'd or not, as find that quite strange, and a bit inconsistent.  As reading some still being required for a test, whether vax'd or not.  Why we haven't returned.

1 minute ago, mancub said:

Am wondering if you, sir, are possibly a special case also !

OP is correct, and Samui was requiring test to enter previously, whether vax'd or not.

As was Phuket, when the rest (most of) the country was not.

Better planning = better holiday

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

To fly to Samui, you just need a ticket.

Samui has no special rules.

Had to show vaccination record flying to Samui during Easter. 

I went to the office in Chaweng and asked for my son that visited me this week. 

Must be vaccinated to fly into Samui. 

• Like 1

Snapped a photo of Samui entry rules yesterday in Bangkok Airways' ticket office...

wIMG20220425161939_Samui-entry-rules_800.jpg.558e079d0c6a6eecf444b5c8ef5f1d1b.jpg

You need to show either vaccination certificate or RT-PCR test...????

-And yes, Samui do have special rules, even it's not independant...:whistling:

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Eric1949 said:
On 4/25/2022 at 8:27 AM, Ohyesuare said:

You can travel anywhere within Thailand by car without a PCR test. You can even fly into Thailand without a PCR or ATK test from May 1st. Some domestic airlines might ask to see your vaccination status when flying domestically but not sure if they still will. 

Expand  

I am not interested in the rest of Thailand. Samui is a special case and as such makes it's own rules.

Better ask "Samui", then, if you know so much better.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, khunPer said:

Snapped a photo of Samui entry rules yesterday in Bangkok Airways' ticket office...

wIMG20220425161939_Samui-entry-rules_800.jpg.558e079d0c6a6eecf444b5c8ef5f1d1b.jpg

You need to show either vaccination certificate or RT-PCR test...????

-And yes, Samui do have special rules, even it's not independant...:whistling:

OP asked about driving there, not flying and said he was fully vaccinated with a cert so none of these requirements apply to him. Even on Bangkok Airways own website and their screening form, it says nothing about a PCR/ATK test being required. https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

OP asked about driving there, not flying and said he was fully vaccinated with a cert so none of these requirements apply to him. Even on Bangkok Airways own website and their screening form, it says nothing about a PCR/ATK test being required. https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

The image from Bangkok Airways answers OP's question, if vaccinated you are free to travel...???? - as other also mentioned that they have been asked to show proof of vaccination - otherwise, until further notice, a Covid-test is required, at least when flying.

Your link points to a page, which simply says that "to comply with the requirement of Samui District Public Health Office, every passenger traveling to Koh Samui must fill in the Personal Health Declaration via online application form before on board the aircraft."

The general Bangkok Airways-page about Travel Documents however says...

"Bangkok Airways strongly recommends you to check the up-to-date announcement or order issued by the local / municipal authorities of both your departure and destination point to ensure that requirements under such restrictive measures are met (including COVID-19 testing and vaccination documentation requirements), especially when it is close to the travelling date as the announcement or order may be reissued any time between the booking date and the travelling date.

For more information on the announcement or order, please visit https://www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/, then click the desired province on the map.

Passengers traveling to Koh Samui, please specifically rely on the official information shared here."

Bangkok Airways would likely not publish in their ticket office entry rules for Koh Samui that is not valid...:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1