Pattaya immigration

I already booked the flights for my family and I and I am wondering if the Thai evisa website isn’t asking me if I’m vaccinated for my visa because we have a stopover in Saudi Arabia.

I was just asking if someone has information that before the beginning of July I could enter Thailand like I used before Covid.

4 hours ago, Pifo said:

I already booked the flights for my family and I and I am wondering if the Thai evisa website isn’t asking me if I’m vaccinated for my visa because we have a stopover in Saudi Arabia.

I was just asking if someone has information that before the beginning of July I could enter Thailand like I used before Covid.

yes, you can still enter visa-exempt for initial 30 day permission to stay and then extend at immi for another 30 days.

however you will most likely still need insurance for COVID as this has been a mandatory requirement for some time now and is hanging around like a bad smell. but it's a fluid situation so who knows what changes they'll make before your trip.

insurance doesn't need to be from the Thai providers, those policies are considered worthless by the aseannow hive mind ????. but you can use a foreign policy if they'll give you a Travel Certificate confirming that they provide COVID coverage for X dollars. Thailand Pass will accept such a document, or a letter from the insurer, according to other posters.

and yes, Thailand Pass is about to be updated for the 1 May 2022 changes so no point trying to do anything there at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pifo said:

The evisa website won't care about your vaccination status, as far as I'm aware... It's the Thai Pass that you need to show vax proof for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 8:48 AM, Pifo said:

I just checked the Paris Thai  embassy website for the requirements for the tourist visa and it says I need proof of booking of ASQ or SHA+ so I will try again in the beginning of may.

Old info. The Paris embassy is the worst ! Just come in on VISA EXEMPT 30 days. Buy a throw away airline ticket to leave Thailand ( for ex Phnom Penh Cambodia. ) which you will not use.

Instead , a week before the 30 days visa exempt are up, go to Pattaya immigration office which is in Jomtien Soi 5: and ask for an EXTENSION of 30 days. Take photocopies of passport page,  entry stamp, proof of address ( receipt hotel) 1 photo, one form from office filled in. And 1900 Baht cash. 
easy peasy.  Have an insurance covering Covid, and fully vaccinated to get in without quarantine. 
proof of vaccin in paper form. Insurance mentioning Covid covered. 

The Paris embassy changed the requirements on their website. They now say that you don’t need ASQ or SHA+ booking for a tourist visa but the evisa website is still asking for it.

17 hours ago, Pifo said:

The Paris embassy changed the requirements on their website. They now say that you don’t need ASQ or SHA+ booking for a tourist visa but the evisa website is still asking for it.

17 hours ago, Pifo said:

They also ask for a 100 000 $ insurance

In those circumstances I suggest that you forget all about attempting to obtain tourist evisas for you and your family, and instead follow the sound advice given by @KhunBENQ and @Lemsta69 earlier in this thread.

I also trust that, for your and their sakes, you're fully acquainted with the forms you'll all need to complete when re-entering France in due course, as things stand!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pifo said:

Oh ! thank you @OJAS

You’re giving me a precious information, I didn’t know about the sworn statement document when coming back from Thailand.

Yes, I've found it quite a bit of a struggle to get my head round what documentation I need provide in preparation for a trip to Paris next month to see my sister, who lives there, for the first time in 3 years! As I see things I need to complete:-

(1) The EU Digital Passenger Locator Form;

https://app.euplf.eu/#/

(2) The éOS-Passager form (because Thailand is classed as an "orange zone" country by the French powers-that-be in their infinite wisdom);

https://passager.serveureos.org/

(3) And finally, if the Thai Airways website is to be believed, the sworn statement to which you have referred.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/covid_info_th.page?country=france_gb.jpg

Contrast the reams of paperwork which you'll need to provide for your eventual return to France as things stand with the 1-page Thailand Pass QR code for your trip to Thailand!

As far as I am concerned, obtaining the Thailand Pass last week (a process which took less than 6 hours after submitting my application) was a piece of cake when compared to the bureaucratic nonsense which those who intend to darken the doors of France (in the eyes of the French powers-that-be) have to endure at the present time!

Edited by OJAS

@OJAS

I checked the 3 documents you mention.

The first 2 are not necessary for French citizens only the third is mandatory as said on the foreign ministry’s website.

I think though many French people are returning from abroad and classified as risky ( orange on their map ) countries  without this paper.

There must be somewhere in CDG ( Paris )airport where you can fill up this paper