Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Ain't gonna let that scam go.

This was apparently a thing they were planning to implement around 2019 and Covid gave them an edge to do it. They were footing the bills for the farang who won't pay their medical costs to die in heaven basically.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

just had my second booster , no problem. 2 az 2 phizer ,just do it

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, webfact said:

entering Thailand will be the internationally recognised method of Vaccine Passport

No Ploplem:

A few agents will sort this out.
No 800,000 in your bank? No ploplem. Can do.

No vaccine passport? No ploplem. Can do.

Can do evelything for ju sir.

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Serious question.....does this even exist?

Answering my own question....it is the yellow card/booklet that was all the rage last year....apparently.

A bit of a misnomer, as there really isn't an actual universally recognized vaccine passport as applies to COVID and associated. Though, there was talk of it that never fully got the world on board as a collective. 

In this case, the DMP probably is referring to any of the official vaccination certificates/documentation that is quite accepted and understand as a define Vaccination Passport. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

No Ploplem:

A few agents will sort this out.
No 800,000 in your bank? No ploplem. Can do.

No vaccine passport? No ploplem. Can do.

Can do evelything for ju sir.

So you saying LOS visa agents start bussiness in every airport where have flight to Thailand.

They give you vaccine passport before you check in. Nice maybe they have office like in Doha,Helsinki,Stockholm.......... 

Edited by 2 is 1

Can someone get a message out to ion covid was not only in Thailand , people lost jobs and businesses just like Thailand, not everyone has the means to go holiday as they use to , prices in Thailand went up, airfare went up, need to do little more than just open the shop 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, Immigration will have to check insurance certifiactes when passengers arrive ? Shouldn't be hard to produce those on your PC at home.  Or will they expect the airlines to check insurance when passengers board the aircraft overseas?

Just curious, is that how the European Schengen Visa required insurance works?

1 minute ago, wwest5829 said:

Just curious, is that how the European Schengen Visa required insurance works?

It's 30kEUR coverage I believe, you can make these insurances online for 14 days or however long you require, pretty cheap, good value for money. And they give you proper treatment without the need to show a credit card or cash out like in Thailand and then try to get your money back. 1st world vs. 3rd world.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MadMac said:

It's 30kEUR coverage I believe, you can make these insurances online for 14 days or however long you require, pretty cheap, good value for money. And they give you proper treatment without the need to show a credit card or cash out like in Thailand and then try to get your money back. 1st world vs. 3rd world.

Only my experience, in 2015 I had a heart attack in Chiang Mai where I reside as a retired expat. RAM Hospital had me in immediately for a stent and 2 additional angioplasties. I gave them my BC/BS insurance card, and they billed $5000 USD direct (my insurance limit. I paid the remainder by US credit card). Never a word until I was recovering in the room after being moved from ICU. But again, I understand that is only my experience … could not be more pleased with my care.the total bill? Ah, you have to understand, my home country is the only one democracy without a national healthcare program (not that I was fit to fly at any rate).

Quote "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country"

Please excuse my ignorance but does this mean I can book a return airline ticket to Thailand, show a yellow vaccination passport and a mandatory Covid-19 insurance certificate on arrival, get 30 day stamp in passport and then free to enjoy holiday without any previous contact with Thai Embassy in my country?