Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

24 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Only my experience, in 2015 I had a heart attack in Chiang Mai where I reside as a retired expat. RAM Hospital had me in immediately for a stent and 2 additional angioplasties. I gave them my BC/BS insurance card, and they billed $5000 USD direct (my insurance limit. I paid the remainder by US credit card). Never a word until I was recovering in the room after being moved from ICU. But again, I understand that is only my experience … could not be more pleased with my care.the total bill? Ah, you have to understand, my home country is the only one democracy without a national healthcare program (not that I was fit to fly at any rate).

Good that it worked out for you. I had a colleague with a kidney colic in Jakarta, Insured by CIGNA, unfortunately it was night time in UK and nobody could answer their phone. So no treatment for several hours. Go figure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, Immigration will have to check insurance certifiactes when passengers arrive ? Shouldn't be hard to produce those on your PC at home.  Or will they expect the airlines to check insurance when passengers board the aircraft overseas?

No...to get the Thai Pass, one assumes that one first has to have the insurance. Anyway, good travel insurance policies include Covid cover as a matter of course.

6 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

A lot of anti-vaxxers will ignore these facts and shout tyranny though. 

Best to ignore the anti-vaxxers really. ????

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Currently, International Health Regulations specify that a dose of yellow fever vaccine is valid for 10 years. Therefore, at present, travelers to countries with a yellow fever vaccination entry requirement must have received a dose of yellow fever vaccine within the past 10 years.

Totally the same vaccine

Yellow Fever is a single dose/lifetime shot. There is no booster requirement. It's been a recommendation since 2014, and the IHR since 2016. Even if your vaccination record has an expiry date, it's still valid for life now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

But the other variants haven't gone away, it's just that Omicron is more contagious even if it's less virulent.

14 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Good that it worked out for you. I had a colleague with a kidney colic in Jakarta, Insured by CIGNA, unfortunately it was night time in UK and nobody could answer their phone. So no treatment for several hours. Go figure.

Gotta love bureaucracy! NOT …

When I first started travelling over 50 years ago you needed two things - a passport and a vaccination booklet annotated by the health department.

You needed to have a yellow fever shot and a smallpox vaccination. The smallpox vax caused a permanent round scar on your upper arm. You could see them on virtually all travelers.  The vaccination program resulted in the near extinction of smallpox world wide. 

I wonder how today's trypanophobians would handle that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re now open for business! Unless you want to enjoy the nightlife then we are closed for business, unless you want to visit a restaurant with no kitchen and unable to serve food then we’re open for business, but we’re only open for business until midnight, so you’ll be well rested for your journey home.  

but don’t worry we have many tourists attractions! But you will have to pay 10 times the entrance fee of locals for the privilege 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

When I first started travelling over 50 years ago you needed two things - a passport and a vaccination booklet annotated by the health department.

You needed to have a yellow fever shot and a smallpox vaccination. The smallpox vax caused a permanent round scar on your upper arm. You could see them on virtually all travelers.  The vaccination program resulted in the near extinction of smallpox world wide. 

I wonder how today's Nancy-boy trypanophobians would handle that!

They would want to sue someone for giving them a scar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Riddle me this. I have had 2 shots vaccine and then 18 days later I got covid. Having had covid the real thing, surly the booster should no longer be required. The real virus versus a modified version should be better right? Serious question, all opinions are welcome. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marley01 said:

Really?? I live in Western Australia and I and many others cannot get to work without a third jab.

Not everywhere in world got booster. It is optional for most of the world. Good for you if you have it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

You would have to show me where it says anything about "Fully vaccinated".

You can expect what you want,  I will expect to see at least 2 shots(unless J&J) and a time period since the your latest vaccination.

I think that is the standard for most of the world that fully vaccinated is 2 shots, though I know Thailand can make any rule as they please, doesn't mean that make it standard across the world.

Edited by RandiRona
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably more like "Fully vaccinated with the last jab being within X months".  That seems more practical.

Sure, if you're over 75 you can get a booster right now in the UK, my parents are booked in for a booster in May - anyone else (younger than 75) is out of luck unless you're immunocompromised or have a special condition and won't have had a shot since last winter some time.

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably more like "Fully vaccinated with the last jab being within X months".  That seems more practical.

Well...In US people are getting booster fro last August so if they are targeting within 6 months, most of US is excluded as they are taking 2nd booster now so not sure what they are tracking.

7 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, Immigration will have to check insurance certifiactes when passengers arrive ? Shouldn't be hard to produce those on your PC at home.  Or will they expect the airlines to check insurance when passengers board the aircraft overseas?

So the insurance mafia have managed to keep their revenue stream!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Yeah, you're right.  It's a bit nonsensical.  They should simply require everyone to be vaccinated.  Problem solved.

Agree. other topic here has anutin mentioning “ vax passport” which can only mean no vax means no fly / no entry. 

3 hours ago, BE88 said:
4 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Yeah, you're right.  It's a bit nonsensical.  They should simply require everyone to be vaccinated.  Problem solved.

If you want to take an experimental vaccine every six months, go ahead but without me.

It's not experimental at this point, and of course I'm going without you.  Why would I bring a total stranger with me?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrianStar said:

my ass 3 times now having to introduce a dead version of it

3 hours ago, asiacurious said:

So you got Sinovac or similar, but not Moderna or Pfizer?

3 hours ago, BrianStar said:

Moderna 3 times.

Ah, so you didn't get a dead version of anything.  The Moderna vaccine doesn't actually contain any dead virus. 

Edited by asiacurious

6 hours ago, MadMac said:

Biontech, the developer of the Pfizer vaccine, just declared to the SEC that the future of their vaccine is highly questionable and they may have to take it off the market altogether. I believe TH by then will still have plenty of Sinovac, which is apparently safe but then also not really working. Thing is, you won't get this in Europe or the US. Classical chicken and egg ????

Do you have a reference for this statement because I can’t find anything? What do you mean by “highly questionable “ and why would they need to take it off the market altogether?

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

So if you don't have a jab every 6 months you are no longer vaccinated?

Currently the norm in many places.   No covid regs here in Denmark but you're unvaccinated if your most recent dose was more than 150 days ago.... So you'd need another dose if you happen to want to use you Covid pass for anything. 

• Like 1

I find the title of the OP a bit ambiguous as the article does not state that Anutin said that the Thailand Pass would be scrapped, only that Test and Go is now scrapped.

Thailand Pass remains but with mainly vaccination and insurance data

Checked on article in another publication not to be quoted here - there he does talk about scrapping TP - my bad

Edited by SatEng
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, snacks41 said:

My mom who is 80 years old and has congestive heart failure, diabetes, epilepsy and renal failure did not take the Vax and tested positive for covid earlier this year.  She started with a runny nose and cough.  I monitored her O2 levels, temp and blood pressure as told by her doctor which were close to normal.  She had these symptoms for about a week and to her it was like a bad cold.

While taking care of her I developed symptoms also but I was fully vax'd.  To me it was also like a bad seasonal cold.  I am 49 years and in good health. Did the Vax help me or did it not matter?

One lady I talked to at my barber shop said she got the booster and it put her in the hospital.  After she was released, a week later she got covid.

China is on lockdown again!  What was their vax status?

Are we going to be forced to get jabs twice a year for the rest of our lives?  I am one who doesn't like taking pain reliever for a headache.

I had two Pfizer shots and a Moderna booster, caught Covid and had barely any symptoms. What exactly is your point? Everybody’s experience is different and anecdotal evidence of your mother’s or your barber’s experience or mine means next to nothing.  

• Like 1