Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

11 hours ago, VBF said:

If I'm honest, i don't know whether getting the real virus or having a booster provides more protection.  What I do think is that getting a booster certainly can't hurt. YMMV

The real virus was espoused as best in many reports I saw.... both had waning efficacy in time though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:45 PM, Bangkocker said:

Many of the soft touch freeloader that you refer to, are genuine refugees who find themselves and families in a very dangerous life situations in their home countries - through no fault of their own. They are not all losers and many have skills they bring with them. You sound heartless with a 'I'm ok Jack - F the rest' . Your ostrich approach to life is abysmal >>>>  Quote:...... 'nothing to do with us' !! Well Hitler had nothing to do with me BUT I hate him and his memory. If you live in Thailand at the moment, and you are OK with a change in the balance of the population to Chinese well 'up to you'. You'd change your mind if 9/10 of your condo building became Chinese.

The illegal immigrants that are coming to Britain from France aren't refugees, they are economic migrants who should be sent back to France asap.

Brigante7.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:35 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Like many African countries, you need a yellow vaccine passport to enter, showing the required vaccination. Previously these were Yellow Fever and Influenza for most West African countries. 

Possibly, I have used one of those to enter Africa showing proof of Yellow Fever and Influenza vaccines for over 25 years. 

Thailand still requires Yellow fever vaccination proof for holders of many passports (mostly tropical countries with active cases of Yellow fever). 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, Burma Bill said:

No such passports (yellow) here in Cambodia, this is what we have, vaccination record on reverse of a plastic card:-

DSCF8064.thumb.JPG.223ee76dafbad84e9e159c9a6e0114fb.JPG

https://search.vaccine.gov.kh/ to get your international certificate for travel sent to you on Telegram. You can also scan the QR code in the corner of the blue card to produce it and will show detailed stats.

Screenshot_20220506-162825.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 6:36 AM, VBF said:

If I'm honest, i don't know whether getting the real virus or having a booster provides more protection.  What I do think is that getting a booster certainly can't hurt. YMMV

It might even be more beneficial to have a real vaccine. 

As it stands today - that's not what these are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, islandor said:

You can bet on it, and they will be correct in doing so imo. Seems to be way too many sheep on this platform. Todays "facts" may well be tomorrows nightmare.  

I thanked your comment, but will praise it again in a reply: WELL SAID! (my sentiments exactly)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The politest responses I can come up with to that is either:

What are you drinking?

or

Would you like to enlarge upon that risible statement? 

Either should be fun 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 7:48 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

So, one will still have to apply for the Thailand Pass, or how is this supposed to work? Will IOs have to learn French or Swedish to read foreign Covid-insurance policies?

Just wait another week, the rules will change again, without the rules from previous week did come effective. Absolutely a clown show.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 7:48 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

So, one will still have to apply for the Thailand Pass, or how is this supposed to work? Will IOs have to learn French or Swedish to read foreign Covid-insurance policies?

My Italian Covid-19 vaccination certificate is in Italian and English. Does your French or Swedish certificate not also have English?

22 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

A vaccine is simply a medical product that introduces antigens from a disease-causing pathogen into a person's body and stimulates that person's immune system to produce both humoral and cellular responses able to combat that pathogen should the person be exposed to it in future.

All currently-approved Covid vaccines do this, so they are all real vaccines.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:42 AM, Brigante7 said:

Every person I know who has had the "vaccine" has caught the corona virus and suffered quite badly, including my wife & brother in-law, whereas myself and my 2 kids, who haven't had the "vaccine", when we caught the virus it was nothing more than a mild cold.

Whereas every person I know who caught Covid after being vaccinated (including myself) suffered either very minor symptoms or none at all.

For instance, the only reason my daughter and brother (both fully vaccinated) knew they had Covid was because they had to have regular tests for work. 

I don't know anyone who had the vaccine and then suffered bad Covid symptoms on getting the virus.

So does my anecdotal evidence trump your anecdotal evidence?

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 7:39 AM, dinsdale said:

Here's a scenario. A person has had 2 jabs and has recently had covid. "Sorry you no come Thailand". Morons. This person will have higher immunity (from serious illness) than a person who has had 3 jabs.

Where are you getting this from? A vaccinated person who has also had Covid is not prevented from coming back to Thailand.

The only requirements I can see for a fully vaccinated person to enter, using the Thailand Pass system are a valid passport, vaccination certificate and $10,000 dollars-worth of insurance.

See infographic below:

Screenshot_2022_0508_172242.png.4e1a6e9095a6466574474d4ece789f0f.png

15 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Where are you getting this from? A vaccinated person who has also had Covid is not prevented from coming back to Thailand.

The only requirements I can see for a fully vaccinated person to enter, using the Thailand Pass system are a valid passport, vaccination certificate and $10,000 dollars-worth of insurance.

See infographic below:

Screenshot_2022_0508_172242.png.4e1a6e9095a6466574474d4ece789f0f.png

"He noted that he expected that to mean three shots against Covid-19 including the booster." This is 3 jabs. This is where I got it from. The OP.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:24 PM, JensenZ said:

I'm not vaxed and don't wish to be, but that doesn't mean I'm an "anti-vaxxer". People should be free to do what they want with their bodies. You keep using these terms to try to control people who don't agree with your narrative by suggesting they are fools for not being vaxxed.

When I leave Thailand, it's one-way. I'm not going to get 3 jabs to get back in. I believe the requirements to have a vax passport to get in will be dropped eventually when they discover people aren't flocking to Thailand in the numbers they predicted. Other countries will have softer entry requirements in the battle to attract tourists.

Oh, my lord, talk about drama queen - I mean it isn't like there is a rich history of evidence of anti-vaxxers shouting tyranny at any kind of public health measures? I have even seen some call it communism lol

You haven't had a vaccine? Well done, do you want a gold star or something? 

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

"He noted that he expected that to mean three shots against Covid-19 including the booster." This is 3 jabs. This is where I got it from. The OP.

But the idea that 3 jabs would be required was clearly just a piece of speculation and never made any sense. No-one in the world is using that to mean fully vaccinated and Thailand doesn't either.

In fact the very first response in this thread, pointed that out.

Anyway, you only had to look at any official government website with an announcement of the policy as of May 1 to see that fully vaccinated means having had two doses of a vaccine recognised by the MOPH (or one if you got the J&J vaccine).

Here is some wording from the MFA website's Thailand Pass info page, for instance:

Thailand fully recognizes mixed vaccination. However, your second dose needs to be administered based on the recommended timeframe for each vaccine type

Thailand Pass FAQ's

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, PremiumLane said:

Oh, my lord, talk about drama queen - I mean it isn't like there is a rich history of evidence of anti-vaxxers shouting tyranny at any kind of public health measures? I have even seen some call it communism lol

You haven't had a vaccine? Well done, do you want a gold star or something? 

Sorry, the subject is taboo. It cannot be discussed. Read the rules.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:42 PM, Brigante7 said:

Every person I know who has had the "vaccine" has caught the corona virus and suffered quite badly, including my wife & brother in-law, whereas myself and my 2 kids, who haven't had the "vaccine", when we caught the virus it was nothing more than a mild cold.

Brigante7.

So your "evidence" is based on a very small sample, i.e. people you know. My own small sample of people I know completely contradicts your conclusion. I'll stick to studies that use large sample sizes and sound statistical methodologies. 

By the way, there's no particular need when you refer to the vaccine to put it in quotation marks.