Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

I wonder what percentage of sheep will ever admit that they followed the shepherd blindly ...... but are now wondering if they were led astray

I find most of the people calling other people “sheep” have virtually no ability to distinguish facts from complete BS.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, islandor said:

You can bet on it, and they will be correct in doing so imo. Seems to be way too many sheep on this platform. Todays "facts" may well be tomorrows nightmare.  

Did you ever consider that you might be a sheep yourself? Calling those who disagree with you sheep is pretty lazy.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

So if you don't have a jab every 6 months you are no longer vaccinated?

In some places it is 6 months, some 9 months, some vary depending on whether you have had 2 or 3 shots.

But they can't keep this up for ever, since data from several countries show that 4th shots are essentially useless. So, within a year or so, everybody will be regarded as being unvaccinated, whether you have had 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 vaccinations.

It will be interesting to see how governments manage to keep the pandemic going in that situation.

• Like 2

This guy should stay away from interviews.

Good news just released about scrapping the one day quarantine and arrival PCR and he has to go ruin it by spreading false rumours about needing a booster shot soon to get in

• Thanks 1

Just to many nice places to go that don't have rules, and i can stay without hassles. 

Few months ago I was amazed at the amount of Europeans in SA.

They all told me the same thing. 

Apartment across from were Germans, and they had been there for 6 months. They loved it.

Also I can breath the air in most countries! Most people don't realize how harmful the pollution is for your health there. Extremly toxic to you body. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Serious question.....does this even exist?

Answering my own question....it is the yellow card/booklet that was all the rage last year....apparently.

US will never recognize any vaccination passport. And if US says no, it is a no no for most of the World. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Three shots?  From what I've been reading from various virologists and immunologists, it should be more like like 3 shots within the previous 9-12 months.

The efficacy of vaccines against current the current covid variants appears to wane over time, and there is a very good likelihood that today's vaccines will be substantially less effective against future variants.

Just like regular passports which have a period of validity and expiration date, there should probably be expiration dates on how long any given shot should be considered valid.

the uk has started second boosters, so 'fully vaccinated' for a uk citizen would mean four shots

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The antiwhatevers reduce over time so, potentially, after a certain amount of time has elapsed since your last dose of vaccine, you might not have enough protection for people to consider you to be adequately protected.

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Are you saying that vaccines do not provide any protection against covid?

He's saying they weaken over time, just like you did

• Like 1

I think I had it, nephew staying here had it, he had a sneeze and made a test. Positive. So I skipped the test and did not even have a sneeze. They cost about a beer, did not want to waste money ????

26 minutes ago, MadMac said:

As I said, if you can read thank your teacher. Comprehension of what you read is then another level. Not everybody is able to combine information input and understanding. Good luck to you.

Those who understand the intent and purpose of a SEC filing knows it's a government requirement for risk avoidance to potential investors and has nothing to do with the efficacy of the vaccine (FDA emergency approved) in your deliberate attempt of obfuscation. 

This story has circulating on the right wing conspiracy social media and beer and nuts crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dumbfounded said:

now doesn't mean never,

No, but what he is saying is "I don't think you would have any protection now, let alone after two, three or four doses".

36 minutes ago, Dumbfounded said:

you even allude to the fact that the "whatevers" reduce over time

I do.  He doesn't.  ????‍♂️

14 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister said that now it has been decided to scrap Test and Go there is no going back.

In future the criteria for entering Thailand will be the internationally recognised method of Vaccine Passports.

He noted that he expected that to mean three shots against Covid-19 including the booster.

Someone just needs to put a muzzle on this cement worker>Health Minister<sic>

Every time the CCSA or Prayut push for reopening he needs to once again make himself relevant by opening his mouth & removing all doubt that he is a maybe he is not a nimrod yet he is & once again will throw Thailand's possibility of tourist bookings out the window

Imagine  the news the other day that test on arrival was scraped & all that is needed was insurance & proof of vax

Folks sigh & consider booking a trip to Thailand

Now this guy comes forward with maybe this & maybe that & tourist sigh again & say nah, not yet

Thailand still does not know <deleted> it wants

Because every time one part of this sorry excuse for a govt states a new rule another part comes forward with yet another version. Do they not realize how ignorant they all look? Right hand, left hand all part of the same moronic excuse for a govt

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Currently, International Health Regulations specify that a dose of yellow fever vaccine is valid for 10 years. Therefore, at present, travelers to countries with a yellow fever vaccination entry requirement must have received a dose of yellow fever vaccine within the past 10 years.

Totally the same vaccine

Nope, it has been reassessed. Changed i mean. Since years now. They admitted that it was valid for lifetime.

15 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

As you say Omicron is mild and if you are not in an at risk group why get a booster?

I think under 50 yo the boosters are not recommended.

The myocarditis may not be a big problem except in certain age groups.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/myocarditis.html

"Clinical Considerations: Myocarditis and Pericarditis after Receipt of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Among Adolescents and Young Adults

Since April 2021, increased cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported in the United States after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna), particularly in adolescents and young adults...

In most cases, patients who presented for medical care have responded well to medications and rest and had prompt improvement of symptoms. Reported cases have occurred predominantly in male adolescents and young adults 16 years of age and older."

17 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Serious question.....does this even exist?

Answering my own question....it is the yellow card/booklet that was all the rage last year....apparently.

That's interesting. A health minister that knows nothing about health. Hang on - TIT. What he need is a booster up the kyber with my boot.

17 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis ..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

TiT, where common sense has no meaning.

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

The western governments are going to be in for a shock later this year when nobody bothers with going for another vaccine after having conracted covid multiple times.

People are done with them.

They travel to places which don't require any kind of documentation or testing as it's too much hassle, even if they're fully vaccinated. There's plenty of such places.

The free market will force this issue as millions of people go the route of least resistance.

If that means hardly anyone comes to Thailand then so be it.

Exactly. I got the first two myself but will most likely never ever get a booster. If it means no access to Thailand then so be it. I think at least next year the vax requirements will be dropped though. I remember someone here last year asked when unvaccinated could travel to Thailand and I guessed 2023. That gave some people a good laugh but already there are countries that are not interesed in the vaccination status of incoming passengers.

Edited by rabang
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Heng said:

Currently the norm in many places.   No covid regs here in Denmark but you're unvaccinated if your most recent dose was more than 150 days ago.... So you'd need another dose if you happen to want to use you Covid pass for anything. 

Is the pass still needed for something?