Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

19 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, Immigration will have to check insurance certifiactes when passengers arrive ? Shouldn't be hard to produce those on your PC at home.  Or will they expect the airlines to check insurance when passengers board the aircraft overseas?

Well, that kind of answers the questions I asked. https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/27/thailands-civil-aviation-authority-issues-latest-measures-for-air-travel-effective-may-1st/  :

Passengers must provide proof of vaccination or RT-PCR test results and Covid-19 health insurance when registering in the ‘Thailand Pass’ system before traveling. Once the documents have been verified, the passenger will receive a QR Code to present to the airline. If there is no QR Code, the airline may refuse to have passengers on board.

Airlines must verify that passengers have QR Codes from the ‘Thailand Pass’ system before accepting them onto the aircraft. If a passenger is found to have arrived in Thailand without a QR Code, the airline will be responsible for sending the passenger back to the country of origin.

I do note that they still say that insurance cover is needed throughout the stay, and they don't say what exactly constitutes "fully vaccinated".

Edited by Tony M
Addition

9 hours ago, asiacurious said:

We should care.  At least I know I do.  And you're right - both can catch and spread.  Thing is, the vaccinated person who catches it (whether or not they have symptoms) will have a lot LESS of the virus in their bodies (and therefore will spread a lot less) than someone who is unvaccinated.

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/vaccinated-workers-shed-less-covid-virus

Note that things changed a bit with the Delta variant, which isn't a surprise because the vaccines all had lower efficacy, though that was likely due to a mix of changes in the variant and passage of time from when the original vaccinations were administered.

Yawn.  I'm boring myself.  All of this is old news.

In a perfect world, everyone in the world gets vaccinated.  That's really the way to slow down and eventually stop new mutations/variants from evolving and spreading. 

Best way is if everyone catches it. We are now talking ominron which is a whole different ball game to delta.

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably more like "Fully vaccinated with the last jab being within X months".  That seems more practical.

You're probably right, BR. The old jabs are waning fast, hence the need for boosters. And there's talk of omicron-specific vaccines in the pipeline. Indeed, the vaccine makers have been working on this since last year. The reason is that the orignal+booster jabs are not working as well as against omicron as the experts had hoped. If they were, big pharma would not need to invest time and money into shots tailored for protection against omicron and its subvariants. So yes, it seems that authorities won't care about earlier jabs; it's the last, most relevant vaccine that'll get you in.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis ..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

I think they are more worried about their income stream going down, and then of course there will be the protesters.

21 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Listen to all the Karen's ????

What are you all going to whine about when it's all scrapped? 

When?? You mean if?? It is never going to be all scrapped while the greedy soldiers are in charge. All they are interested in is keeping their pockets filled.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

Bye bye Thailand, I hope your tourist industry goes tits-up.

Brigante7.

I don't. Don't be so selfish. There are many Thai people who depend on the tourist industry for their livelihoods.

19 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

We change a few things to attrac tourists and we implement other things so they stay away or are getting more difficulties to enter...and later they will introduce the 300 entrance fee and than they are wondering why the tourists avoid Thailand..My advice is if they don't know how to handle the situation,  hire some experts from western countries to set up the tourism industry again

Yes, people with good intelligence and a decent education, not like a bunch of soldiers from a Military academy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rabang said:

Is the pass still needed for something?

Not sure.  Only been here for a few days as a tourist.   The EU Covid pass still exists, so IF you needed it, then for Danes it wouldn't be valid if as little as 5 months have passed since your 2nd dose (and assuming no booster shot).   For most European countries, the norm seems to be 9 months.   In cases where one would need a valid EU Covid pass to travel to another country (say in Asia or Africa), it could be an issue. 

22 hours ago, islandor said:

You can bet on it, and they will be correct in doing so imo. Seems to be way too many sheep on this platform. Todays "facts" may well be tomorrows nightmare.  

I find the biggest sheep are those that get their 'facts' from FB posts, well known lunatics who want to sell their own products and YouTube videos, imo ???? 

"no going back now" (quote)

28/04/2022. For reference should you decide to fly on a visa run to Phnom Penh:-

The Ministry of Tourism yesterday dropped the requirement for face masks at tourist facilities but urged people to keep them on at crowded and closed space. (wearing of face masks no longer mandatory in Cambodia)

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501065101/wear-face-mask-in-closed-space-says-tourism-ministry/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

When?? You mean if?? It is never going to be all scrapped while the greedy soldiers are in charge. All they are interested in is keeping their pockets filled.

A lot of chatter on FB indicating its imminent. Time will tell but they keep peeling back the layers and only one left 

18 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Riddle me this. I have had 2 shots vaccine and then 18 days later I got covid. Having had covid the real thing, surly the booster should no longer be required. The real virus versus a modified version should be better right? Serious question, all opinions are welcome. 

I would suggest, that when you got Covid, it was less serious than if you had not been vaccinated. Of course, you'll never know but the whole point of vaccines is not that they always prevent you from catching the disease, but if you do catch it, the symptoms are usually less serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:52 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Damn. Have to put my Thailand trip on the back-burner till authorities can figure it out...

I can hear the strains of???? "And so say all of us" ???? in the distance!????

• Like 1

The main problem at the moment is flights ,my family are coming over in June,their flight with Emirates has been cancelled ,this is the second time ,trying to get a flight at the moment is a problem ,airlines are cancelling left right and center

Anti vaccine people will always complain.  The key is to simply not care - why would anyone truly care if they like it or hate it?  It's the way that it is and that's that.  There aren't any countries on earth that don't require vaccines.  

Fini.

CCSA will not scrap the #ThailandPass scheme, as has been widely anticipated, but will shorten the registration process for overseas tourists applying to enter #Thailand as the one-night quarantine scheme for the fully vaccinated is to come to an end. https://thaip.bs/VaRSbcn

1. There is no internationally recognized vaccine system in place but there are various system in place.

2. Why continue with the insurance requirement? I thought the plan was to gouge foreigners 300 baht per arrival so we can pay for the attractions that we’d like to visit AND for medical coverage. So why charge us twice for medical?

Oh that’s right. TiT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaipadawan said:

1. There is no internationally recognized vaccine system in place but there are various system in place.

2. Why continue with the insurance requirement? I thought the plan was to gouge foreigners 300 baht per arrival so we can pay for the attractions that we’d like to visit AND for medical coverage. So why charge us twice for medical?

Oh that’s right. TiT.

Because 1.), Thailand Pass or some form of  is permanent to validate vaccination and insurance prior to travel because 2.) mandatory travel is insurance is not going away

They have been talking abut it for years.  covid-19, the gift that will keep on giving. 

Welcome to The New Normal.

Scrapping the Thailand Pass is a step in the right direction. However, transferring it to the TM6 immigration form is still not the answer if you want to boost tourism. Travelling to the UK you do not need to complete a UK passenger locator form before you travel, take any COVID-19 tests or quarantine when you arrive in England. This applies whether you're vaccinated or not, which is just as it should be. When Thailand scraps all its bureaucratic COVID-19 rules, I'll consider booking a flight.

• Like 1