Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

43 minutes ago, MadMac said:

I believe TH by then will still have plenty of Sinovac, which is apparently safe but then also not really working. 

How well it works, can currently be seen in China... ????

Then again, placebos sometimes do have an effect.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

Here we go. Another paper road block. Came back after 6 yrs.

4 hrs to fill out the Thai pass. Now a new pass. Guess what, ounce I got passed the little lady's before immigration. Nobody including immigration,customs, police whatever asked for papers, including a internal flight

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandiRona said:

<deleted>...Are they making rules as they go? Fully vaccinated doesnt mean booster....so dumb!

You would have to show me where it says anything about "Fully vaccinated".

You can expect what you want,  I will expect to see at least 2 shots(unless J&J) and a time period since the your latest vaccination.

2 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, Immigration will have to check insurance certifiactes when passengers arrive ? Shouldn't be hard to produce those on your PC at home.  Or will they expect the airlines to check insurance when passengers board the aircraft overseas?

Certainly won't be immigration. Every chance the Disease Control Officer will remain in place at the airport to check vaccination status and they may well check insurance.

Highly likely that airlines will also ask to see but that would be up to the airline.

2 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis and hepatitis outbreaks occurring now in children..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

Please post the reference from your source of medical information specifically regarding booster and paediatric hepatitis.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Although the hepatitis outbreaks currently have no known cause, it IS known that most of the affected children have NOT been vaccinated with any vaccines...  

Hopefully this information will help to set your mind at ease about vaccines being the possible cause.  It may in fact be the opposite - vaccines may be a preventative cure, though it's too early to know if the outbreak has anything to do with Covid at all.  But that is something they are considering...  

They are also looking at other possible causes that the article discusses.  It's worth a look for those who are interested:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/04/who-reports-first-child-death-17-transplants-in-growing-hepatitis-mystery/

Latest article I saw this morning suggests lack of exposure to common virus due to the pandemic could be the problem.

The UK Health Agency’s lead investigator into the rise in cases, Dr Meera Chand, said that lockdown restrictions preventing young children being exposed to the virus could be a factor in why it is hitting them the hardest.

She said there was a “susceptibility factor – so lack of prior exposure of that particular age group during the formative stages that they’ve gone through during the pandemic”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/hepatitis-child-cases-england-uk-adenovirus-f41-b2065083.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=IND_Morning_Headlines 26-04-2022&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Vaccines have been shown to reduce the chance of catching the virus, reduce the symptoms and reduce the chance of dying.

Surely that is self explaining that they work?

Well there is a study out on that if anyone is interested:

https://brownstone.org/articles/have-people-been-given-the-wrong-vaccine/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Then again, placebos sometimes do have an effect.

True.  They can work really well for ailments that really only exist in the mind.  Against real viruses that kill?  Mmmm.... not so much.  (Not at all actually.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nonsense, the vaccines protect may be again hospitalizations and die but not again contamination, my friend in BKK,3x +1 booster and infected now, using a treatment is 10x better, and people with comorbidities will go to hospitals and will die from their health condition and Sars-Cov 2 will accelerate the death process.Is it so difficult to educate the people, they are so much ultracrepidarians.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

I really don't want to get a booster, especially after all the data coming out on Myocarditis and hepatitis outbreaks occurring now in children..................Omnicorn is so mild anyway compared to other variants, why are the Thai Authorities are so worried?

I had Covid (Delta) May 2021. Got my vaccine doses in July/August. And just got my booster last weekend. It was pretty awful. My hyper immune system knows what this virus is. It kicked its ass once, and my ass 3 times now having to introduce a dead version of it. I'm not against vaccines, but they're a bit too obsessive over this. I just hope they don't really mean getting the yellow passport. That sounds like a lot of work. I'm much more concerned about Typhoid Fever. Thailand has given me that 3 times now. Now that's a SERIOUS illness!

• Like 1