Anutin: There's no going back now - "Vax passport" needed not Thailand Pass to enter country

webfact

On 4/27/2022 at 10:51 AM, RandiRona said:

<deleted>...Are they making rules as they go? Fully vaccinated doesnt mean booster....so dumb!

Fully vaccinated means two shots. It's ALWAYS been the definition of being fully vaccinated. The international standard is to have at least one booster on top of the 'fully vaccinated' jabs. That means a minimum three jabs.

Hope this alleviates your confusion.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, Tony M said:

So, Immigration will have to check insurance certifiactes when passengers arrive ? Shouldn't be hard to produce those on your PC at home.  Or will they expect the airlines to check insurance when passengers board the aircraft overseas?

The airlines will check insurance docs as they have ALWAYS done when they are listed as requirement for boarding passengers. AFAIK Thai Immigration has never shown an interest in seeing anyone's insurance.

Hope this alleviates your confusion.

2 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

Every person I know who has had the "vaccine" has caught the corona virus and suffered quite badly, including my wife & brother in-law, whereas myself and my 2 kids, who haven't had the "vaccine", when we caught the virus it was nothing more than a mild cold.

Brigante7.

I have had the vaccine and not had any 'suffering quite badly'. It is fortunate that the ones you know had been vaccinated, or they could have died!

21 hours ago, Senior Player said:

What is an anti-vaxxer? Every time I have travelled to Thailand I've ensured that I had my typhoid, tetanus, diphtheria, polio, hepatitis B and even rabies shotsall at my own discretion. These were all medically approved vaccinations and not issued under some medical emergency use. In other words, they've all passed years of rigorous testing to meet the necessary guidelines that we fully expect and therefore understand what their side-effects are. Not so with these latest wonder drugs. Some people are even completely unaware of their efficacy (how long they actually work for) and if they even work at all against certain strains. This, of course, makes informed consent near to impossible. Add to this the snobbery of which pharmaceutical brand works better than another, and we've reached an impasse.

Then there's those that have every shot, including their boosters, who still fret that they'll catch it from someone who doesn't have this magical protection, despite their own insistence that it offers every medical benefit. The mental gymnastics they'll go through to illustrate that their vax is "null and void" if they should come into contact with an actual carrier is quite lamentable. So who is the real anti-vaxxer? Perhaps its someone who takes it but doesn't believe in its effectiveness or overall protection? 

give you a clue, anti means they are against something.... and where have you been hiding for the past two years?

Nice to know how long time vaccines are valid! Even my booster shot is soon 6 month old. At moment im not planing to get more shots. I know some point im going to get covid anyway (if not already). Leaving LOS November 2020 and plan to come back finaly July, from Phil holiday. Let see if i take flight back to Europe or not! If LOS making pain in my butt whit some travel restrictions i can only say to Thailand: KEEP YOUR DAMN JACK!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

Every person I know who has had the "vaccine" has caught the corona virus and suffered quite badly, including my wife & brother in-law, whereas myself and my 2 kids, who haven't had the "vaccine", when we caught the virus it was nothing more than a mild cold.

Brigante7.

My covid was mild. Barely 2 days sick after 2 AZ

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Nice to know how long time vaccines are valid! Even my booster shot is soon 6 month old. At moment im not planing to get more shots. I know some point im going to get covid anyway (if not already). Leaving LOS November 2020 and plan to come back finaly July, from Phil holiday. Let see if i take flight back to Europe or not! If LOS making pain in my butt whit some travel restrictions i can only say to Thailand: KEEP YOUR DAMN JACK!

You had a puncture....????

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 11:44 PM, Senior Player said:

What is an anti-vaxxer? Every time I have travelled to Thailand I've ensured that I had my typhoid, tetanus, diphtheria, polio, hepatitis B and even rabies shotsall at my own discretion. These were all medically approved vaccinations and not issued under some medical emergency use. In other words, they've all passed years of rigorous testing to meet the necessary guidelines that we fully expect and therefore understand what their side-effects are. Not so with these latest wonder drugs. Some people are even completely unaware of their efficacy (how long they actually work for) and if they even work at all against certain strains. This, of course, makes informed consent near to impossible. Add to this the snobbery of which pharmaceutical brand works better than another, and we've reached an impasse.

Then there's those that have every shot, including their boosters, who still fret that they'll catch it from someone who doesn't have this magical protection, despite their own insistence that it offers every medical benefit. The mental gymnastics they'll go through to illustrate that their vax is "null and void" if they should come into contact with an actual carrier is quite lamentable. So who is the real anti-vaxxer? Perhaps its someone who takes it but doesn't believe in its effectiveness or overall protection? 

Hear Hear ! ????????????

32 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They have seen the state of Western countries in particular the UK with thousands of refugees arriving in dinghies and quite rightly thought, "we must stop that from happening here".

Thailand's immigration laws are exactly what we should be doing in our home countries before they are overrun and destroyed. 

So where are you at the moment?

If you are in Thailand you are being a tad hypocritical as if the Thai entry systems were any way close to those as stringent as in the UK you would probably not be allowed in so easily in the first place - albeit that once in there is a more defined process to acquire citizenship in the UK.

I m constantly amazed that UK people living in Thailand (basically economic immigrants rather than refugees), bang on about immigration in such a hypocritical way - why don't they go back - too full of foreigners for them??

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, Henryford said:

So if you don't have a jab every 6 months you are no longer vaccinated?

years and years ago many kids/people. in the UK  HAD to get jabbed for SMALLPOX......to now I have NEVER ever had small pox

Is it the same for COVID ???????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

years and years ago many kids/people. in the UK  HAD to get jabbed for SMALLPOX......to now I have NEVER ever had small pox

I had a colleague, a "highly educated" American, say to me yesterday that he will not get the covid vaccine because it is different to the vaccines he had as a kid - they stopped him getting the disease but with the COVID it does not stop you getting it.

Basic misunderstanding of how vaccines work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SatEng said:

I had a colleague, a "highly educated" American, say to me yesterday that he will not get the covid vaccine because it is different to the vaccines he had as a kid - they stopped him getting the disease but with the COVID it does not stop you getting it.

ok!!!!

as kids we had to have polio vac.....this was in form of a sugar cube......the vac liquid was inside the cube......the sugar was to stop, I assume the taste of the liquid......I have never contracted POLIO......!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SatEng said:

Here is the basic understanding of vaccines. Brace yourself and get enlighten. 

Vaccines are the best defense we have against infectious diseases, but no vaccine is actually 100% safe or effective for everyone because each person’s body reacts to vaccines differently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

ok!!!!

as kids we had to have polio vac.....this was in form of a sugar cube......the vac liquid was inside the cube......the sugar was to stop, I assume the taste of the liquid......I have never contracted POLIO......!!!

That is because of herd immunity - so many people being vaccinated that the prevalence of the disease dies down so you are very unlikely to come in contact with it - eventually it is eradicated like Smallpox, and they were hoping with Polio but not quite there yet - but even the Polio vaccine was not 100% effective - two doses were about 90% effective and 3 doses about 99% - similarly with measles but that is making a comeback because of anti-vax campaigns - I had Yellow Fever and Hepatitis-C vaccines in order to work in South America and glad I did - those can be nasty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They have seen the state of Western countries in particular the UK with thousands of refugees arriving in dinghies and quite rightly thought, "we must stop that from happening here".

Thailand's immigration laws are exactly what we should be doing in our home countries before they are overrun and destroyed. 

I think your shooting off at the mouth, and tripping over your tongue says something about you and your motives and perceptions. Fact: Thailand is selling off to the Chinese. Who do you think are buying all the condo's ?? Yes, Asians (more specifically Chinese).

• Like 1

A post with content that was copy and pasted from Reuters has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

22 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Interesting, I had 2 AZ and covid all right here in Thailand.

Sounds like I can leave but not come back ????

I have had 2 Pfizer vaccs and a Pfizer booster on 27 April. I have been here since May 2009 (this time), with no desire to leave Thailand.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SatEng said:

So where are you at the moment?

If you are in Thailand you are being a tad hypocritical as if the Thai entry systems were any way close to those as stringent as in the UK you would probably not be allowed in so easily in the first place - albeit that once in there is a more defined process to acquire citizenship in the UK.

I m constantly amazed that UK people living in Thailand (basically economic immigrants rather than refugees), bang on about immigration in such a hypocritical way - why don't they go back - too full of foreigners for them??

As a UK resident who visits Thailand when i can, I completely agree with @Mr Meeseeks  As much as it galls some people on this forum, Thailand has every right to limit who it allows into their country. ALL Sovereign States have that right. 

I just wish the UK would "grow a pair" and refuse entry to anyone without the correct paper work including the freeloaders we constantly let in who only come here because UK is a soft touch!

Economic migrants with useful needed skills - OK. The rest.... F*** 'em!!!

Edited by VBF
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VBF said:

As a UK resident who visits Thailand when i can, I completely agree with @Mr Meeseeks  As much as it galls some people on this forum, Thailand has every right to limit who it allows into their country. ALL Sovereign States have that right. 

I just wish the UK would "grow a pair" and refuse entry to anyone without the correct paper work including the freeloaders we constantly let in who only come here because UK is a soft touch!

Economic migrants with useful needed skills - OK. The rest.... F*** 'em!!!

BS... so how does that fit into the perception of Thailand selling off property to the Chinese. What property you may ask. All those new condo's. No they are no free loaders as you suggest, BUT if enough Chinese do this the face of Thailand will change. The new 'Chiland' - the new wave of 'economic refugees'

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blackshadow said:

The vaccination program pretty much eradicated it.....

18 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

BS... so how does that fit into the perception of Thailand selling off property to the Chinese. What property you may ask. All those new condo's. No they are no free loaders as you suggest, BUT if enough Chinese do this the face of Thailand will change. The new 'Chiland' - the new wave of 'economic refugees'

Simply that the Thais CHOOSE to allow the Chinese to buy the property in question, As i said above ALL Sovereign States have that right. the fact that in our view they're giving away the traditional Thailand is irrelevant - it's nothing to do with us whether we like it or not.

And...re-read my post - they are not the freeloaders to whom i referred.  These Chinese property buyers are the opposite of Economic migrants  - they're investors whom the Thai government chooses to welcome - again nothing to do with us.

Edited by VBF

7 hours ago, VBF said:

Simply that the Thais CHOOSE to allow the Chinese to buy the property in question, As i said above ALL Sovereign States have that right. the fact that in our view they're giving away the traditional Thailand is irrelevant - it's nothing to do with us whether we like it or not.

And...re-read my post - they are not the freeloaders to whom i referred.  These Chinese property buyers are the opposite of Economic migrants  - they're investors whom the Thai government chooses to welcome - again nothing to do with us.

Many of the soft touch freeloader that you refer to, are genuine refugees who find themselves and families in a very dangerous life situations in their home countries - through no fault of their own. They are not all losers and many have skills they bring with them. You sound heartless with a 'I'm ok Jack - F the rest' . Your ostrich approach to life is abysmal >>>>  Quote:...... 'nothing to do with us' !! Well Hitler had nothing to do with me BUT I hate him and his memory. If you live in Thailand at the moment, and you are OK with a change in the balance of the population to Chinese well 'up to you'. You'd change your mind if 9/10 of your condo building became Chinese.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:45 PM, VBF said:

I would suggest, that when you got Covid, it was less serious than if you had not been vaccinated. Of course, you'll never know but the whole point of vaccines is not that they always prevent you from catching the disease, but if you do catch it, the symptoms are usually less serious.

Yes, I understand how vaccines work. Go back and read what I wrote again, what I'm saying is having had the real virus then why have a booster? The real virus should activate an immune response better than a modified version of the virus. Just like any other virus.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Yes, I understand how vaccines work. Go back and read what I wrote again, what I'm saying is having had the real virus then why have a booster? The real virus should activate an immune response better than a modified version of the virus. Just like any other virus.

If I'm honest, i don't know whether getting the real virus or having a booster provides more protection.  What I do think is that getting a booster certainly can't hurt. YMMV

15 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Many of the soft touch freeloader that you refer to, are genuine refugees who find themselves and families in a very dangerous life situations in their home countries - through no fault of their own. They are not all losers and many have skills they bring with them. You sound heartless with a 'I'm ok Jack - F the rest' . Your ostrich approach to life is abysmal >>>>  Quote:...... 'nothing to do with us' !! Well Hitler had nothing to do with me BUT I hate him and his memory. If you live in Thailand at the moment, and you are OK with a change in the balance of the population to Chinese well 'up to you'. You'd change your mind if 9/10 of your condo building became Chinese.

Well the ones who bring skills are welcome, as I said - as for the others - charity begins at home. Far from being an ostrich, I'm looking at the bigger picture of how British resources are spent, IMO the native needy should be taken care of first.

As regarding the Thai "change of population" again I say that it's the choice of the Thais whom they let in. Your comment about "your condo building" reads suspiciously like "I was OK Jack but now I'm not" but you are the foreigner so it's the chance you take especially knowing how arbitrary the changes of rules are, and always were in Thailand. That was always one of the calculated risks one took in buying a condo in Thailand. i have never understood how anyone who had done their due diligence could ever feel secure in such a situation.  And, of course, if you just rent the place, the solution is simple.