Thailand’s Civil Aviation Authority issues latest measures for air travel, effective May 1st

webfact

000_9QG9JJ-728x520-1-696x497.jpg

PHOTO: Prachachat

By Nop Meechukhun

National – The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has issued a NOTAM (Notice to Air Missions) to inform airlines around the world of the latest measures for air travel to Thailand, starting May 1st, following the government announcement of easing arrival measures last Friday.

To create mutual understanding and allow airlines to comply with the measures correctly, the NOTAM notice is as follows:

Passengers who have been fully vaccinated are allowed to enter the country without any additional Covid-19 testing. However, passengers are advised to conduct an ATK (rapid Covid-19 antigen) test if they have any suspicious symptoms.

1. Passengers who have not been vaccinated or are not fully vaccinated can have an RT-PCR test within 72 hours before departure and will be able to enter the country without any additional Covid-19 testing as well as fully vaccinated passengers. If these passengers do not have RT-PCR test results, they will be quarantined as ordered by quarantine officials and are required to conduct RT-PCR testing on day 4 or day 5 of the quarantine.

2. All passengers must have health insurance coverage against Covid-19 or a letter of guarantee of full coverage for Covid-19 treatment worth at least 10,000 USD coverage throughout their stay in Thailand. Passengers can use this insurance to receive Covid-19 treatment if they are found to be infected. [read more...]

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/27/thailands-civil-aviation-authority-issues-latest-measures-for-air-travel-effective-may-1st/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Passengers who have been fully vaccinated are allowed to enter the country without any additional Covid-19 testing

Just yesterday Anutin was saying that it requires 3 shots including booster, fully vaccinated means 2, which one is it??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

2. All passengers must have health insurance coverage against Covid-19 or a letter of guarantee of full coverage for Covid-19 treatment worth at least 10,000 USD coverage throughout their stay in Thailand.

Don't see why valid space for $10,000 on your visa card should not be enough for this requirement

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grandpa said:

Where do they get this $10,000 dollar (343,891 THB), figure for Covid insurance from?  A full course of Favipiravir, which is the current treatment for Covid, only costs 5000 baht and people can now isolate at home!

Tourists don't have a home in Thailand!

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Many will opt to go elsewhere as this is expensive for a family... 

actually my normal coverage for 6 months in thailand is only $450 and that is with $0 deductible and $1 million coverage (overkill i know). $10,000 shouldnt cost much. Worked with thaipass no problems

25 minutes ago, Tim207 said:

actually my normal coverage for 6 months in thailand is only $450 and that is with $0 deductible and $1 million coverage (overkill i know). $10,000 shouldnt cost much. Worked with thaipass no problems

My point was it might work for some, however when applied to a family [ie multiple people ] it starts to get expensive.

A  point that needs clarifying .

2. All passengers must have health insurance coverage against Covid-19 or a letter of guarantee of full coverage for Covid-19 treatment worth at least 10,000 USD coverage throughout their stay in Thailand. Passengers can use this insurance to receive Covid-19 treatment if they are found to be infected

At the moment a 30 day insurance policy will suffice . Has this changed ?

It also appears that the authorities have not addressed the contentious problem of asymptomatic testing ( for the non vaccinated arrivals ) and the insurance companies that will not cover the event if the insured is hospitalised . 

This CAA rule  has to be a spur to the unvaccinated or part vaccinated .

2 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

then the rules should be changed for people like me who live here....i can get medical at my local hospital and i have a home i can self isolate 

new rules needed

Yes, I could do the same and would very much prefer it..... but we are dealing with a major majority not minority exceptions. 

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Many will opt to go elsewhere as this is expensive for a family... 

when the requirement was $20k you could get a 30 day policy (which is all you need to meet entry requirements) for 650THB so I doubt a family of 4 spending >100k THB on flights alone would balk at spending an extra 2,600 THB

I believe the “barrier” is the hassles in getting the Thailand pass, make it automatic & immediate & lots more people will visit  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

when the requirement was $20k you could get a 30 day policy (which is all you need to meet entry requirements) for 650THB so I doubt a family of 4 spending >100k THB on flights alone would balk at spending an extra 2,600 THB

I believe the “barrier” is the hassles in getting the Thailand pass, make it automatic & immediate & lots more people will visit  

When people have existing health insurance/coverage why are they forced to "buy a Thai insurance" other than prop -up the Thai insurance companies?

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

When people have existing health insurance/coverage why are they forced to "buy a Thai insurance" other than prop -up the Thai insurance companies?

They don't have to buy insurance from a Thai company. Sensible people would, usually, take out a travel policy insuring against delays, accidents and losses for the duration of their trip. There are policies which include Coronovirus indeed some airlines offer cover as part of the ticket conditions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

When I filled in my Thai Pass in November last the requirement had been reduced to $50.000. The insurance came through for $100.000. I paid from memory around B4. 300 per month from Thai company. I'm well into my 80s.

It would be helpful if posters stated their age when quoting on this subject. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

When I filled in my Thai Pass in November last the requirement had been reduced to $50.000. The insurance came through for $100.000. I paid from memory around B4. 300 per month from Thai company. I'm well into my 80s.

It would be helpful if posters stated their age when quoting on this subject. 

The policy I referred to is valid for ages 1-85   https://partner.fwdgi.co.th/en/fwdgi/corona-virus-inbound-insurance?utm_source=tqmbroker

Eligibility

1. Age between 1 - 85 years old

2. This insurance policy does not cover who infected or suspected of being infected "Coronavirus (Covid-19)" (including complications) that exist before 

3. Limited purchases 1 person / policy

4. The applicant must be a foreign person and wish to purchase insurance for use in applying visa to Thailand follow as immigration required only.

5. Waiting Period of 14 days or negative PC-R Test within 72 hours prior to inception of policy.

I would suggest that it's only purpose is to meet entry requirements & would recommend having a more inclusive Insurance Policy but appreciate this isn't always an option practically/financially for guys > 75 

Edited by Mike Teavee

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I have insurance (Visa Friendly Policy from Pacific Cross) & was easily able to get a certificate from them that covered me for up to $100,000 for Covid, my mate was having problems getting the information/certificate from the company he works for in Thailand so bought the policy as a "Throwaway" just so he could get the ThaiPass & get back to work/home. 

IMHO 650THB isn't worth worrying about when you consider the overall costs of the holiday. 

• Like 1

Do these rules apply to Thais re-entering Thailand after vacation abroad?

Funnily enough I received a letter yesterday from Covid insurer that I used last year, saying that they will be cancelling my insurance on expiry next month. There will be no possibility of renewal.

1. Passengers who have not been vaccinated or are not fully vaccinated can have an RT-PCR test within 72 hours before departure and will be able to enter the country without any additional Covid-19 testing as well as fully vaccinated passengers. If these passengers do not have RT-PCR test results, they will be quarantined as ordered by quarantine officials and are required to conduct RT-PCR testing on day 4 or day 5 of the quarantine.

2. All passengers must have health insurance coverage against Covid-19 or a letter of guarantee of full coverage for Covid-19 treatment worth at least 10,000 USD coverage throughout their stay in Thailand.