Thailand Affirms Neutral Stance on Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

more pressing issues, such as the economy, trade and investment, as well as situations in the region that must be resolved immediately.

more pressing than watching a country of 45 million being systematically destroyed, thousands of people killed and over 5 million refugees...  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, he said he believed there were more pressing issues, such as the economy, trade and investment

Right, never mind that people are being massacred elsewhere, what really counts is to get the Thai economy back on track.

A predictably disgusting, narrow-minded and self-centered attitude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

What back story, that a peaceful independent country is attacked by the big bully next door? Can't see any other backstory unless you believe Putin's propaganda.

So why do these peace loving people field an army where it's allowed to wear Nazi insignia?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen Prayut made clear Thailand’s support for the ASEAN position on the conflict, which promotes the need for peaceful dialogue between the parties involved.

He's lucky that the US didn't take the same view during the Vietnam war, or his army hat would have had a large red star on it, as would the Thai flag today.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

He's lucky that the US didn't take the same view during the Vietnam war, or his army hat would have had a large red star on it, as would the Thai flag today.

Vietnam indeed became a communism country since 1975,  the year USA was booted out from Southern Vietnam. 

Yes,  communist Vietnam,  so what ?

I presume you may be  old enough knowing USA was telling and selling the concept in 1960's and 1970's that if Vietnam turned communist,  domino effect would have been taken over the whole region and eventually everywhere.   False USA propaganda made Shameful USA exit from Southern 

Vietnam.  

Or are you so young not knowing this history ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, sscc said:

Vietnam indeed became a communism country since 1975,  the year USA was booted out from Southern Vietnam. 

Yes,  communist Vietnam,  so what ?

I presume you may be  old enough knowing USA was telling and selling the concept in 1960's and 1970's that if Vietnam turned communist,  domino effect would have been taken over the whole region and eventually everywhere.   False USA propaganda made Shameful USA exit from Southern 

Vietnam.  

Or are you so young not knowing this history ? 

Your poor comprehension of events, plus your inability to write good English, probably mean that you're a Russian sympathiser, so I'll say no more and just sanction you by adding you to my ignore list. до свидания

Edited by Guderian

Prayut is a embarrassment to Thailand !!  You are a Standing Member of The United Nations and your Neutral on Russian Invasion of Ukrainian, What an embarrassment to Thailand and it’s people. Even Neutral Countries like Finland and Sweden want to consider membership in The United Nations !! 

ประยุทธ์เป็นเหตุให้ไทยต้องอับอาย !!  คุณเป็นสมาชิกถาวรของสหประชาชาติและเป็นกลางในการรุกรานยูเครนของรัสเซีย ช่างเป็นเรื่องที่น่าอับอายสำหรับประเทศไทยและประชาชน  แม้แต่ประเทศเป็นกลางอย่างฟินแลนด์และสวีเดนก็ยังต้องการพิจารณาเป็นสมาชิกในองค์การสหประชาชาติ !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Capella said:

Wise decision. The Ukraine war is none of Thailand’s business, so why get involved?

The Ukraine war is the major reason why fertilizer prices have gone up so much, and that is certainly a Thai rice farmer’s business. So Prayut is condoning the actions of the guy in the Kremlin causing those price rises.

My wife’s family have decided to only plant enough rice for them this year, it’s just not economical to do anything else. Apparently quite a few others are thinking the same way. If the rice harvest is down this year because of the cost of fertilizer does that make Russia’s invasion Thailand’s business ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello ,

Those who Ignore Dictators and Oppressors , They soon will be knocking at your door !!

Not to mention Thailand ???????? Is a Standing Member of The United Nations , Even non members like Finland and Sweden are considering joining !! Prayut is an Embarrassment to the Global Community !! DID WE NOT LEARN ANYTHING FROM WORLD WAR -2  !!!??

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Problem is that would hurt the Thai people more than the generals. We all know the generals don't give a shiny s.h.i.t.e about the Thai populace.

Maybe if the Thai people experienced real hardship they would effect a more positive change in their leadership.

2 hours ago, micmichd said:

I'm German by passport, and Germany was part of the Axis in WW2. I have never heard that Thais in WW2 fought side by side with Germany. 

Thailand was part of the Japanese Empire and an axis power in WWII.

Under the fascist dictator Phibun, Thailand declared war on the US and UK and militarily annexed territories in neighbouring countries including Laos and Cambodia. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

The Ukraine war is the major reason why fertilizer prices have gone up so much, and that is certainly a Thai rice farmer’s business. So Prayut is condoning the actions of the guy in the Kremlin causing those price rises.

My wife’s family have decided to only plant enough rice for them this year, it’s just not economical to do anything else. Apparently quite a few others are thinking the same way. If the rice harvest is down this year because of the cost of fertilizer does that make Russia’s invasion Thailand’s business ?

While it won't help this season,staying neutral and paying for fertilizer in roubles will bring the price back down in the future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the premier, the Russia-Ukraine crisis could be discussed between ASEAN leaders and U.S. Vice President Joe Biden during the meeting.

I did not realise that President Joe Biden had been demoted to Vice President!

3 hours ago, flossie35 said:

Thailand is right. This is a proxy war, US against Russia, provoked by US. Nothing to do with Ukraine who are just more "collateral damage" - a catalyst to get things going. The Pope has seen through US propaganda. So has Chomsky. And Burns - CIA Director - has made some interesting comments. It's not even about Putin; Burns (ex-ambassador Moscow) thought any Russian leader would react as he has. US still fanning the flames by throwing in more armament and obstructing peace talks.

What was Lenins phrase , oh yes ' Useful idiots ' .

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the premier, the Russia-Ukraine crisis could be discussed between ASEAN leaders and U.S. Vice President Joe Biden during the meeting. However, he said he believed there were more pressing issues, such as the economy,

Hey guess why the prices have risen dumbwit, mostly because of the WAR inflicted by the Russians. Grow some balls !

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he said his seven years as prime minister guaranteed his understanding of international affairs and the kingdom’s proper stance on the issue.

So blatantly obvious NOT. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Yes, abject slaughter, rape and torture are only the business of the victims and the perpetrators. How silly of the West to think morality has a role in this world.

Enjoy watching the Kardashians or playing computer games.

No need to be so condescending in your tone mate. We're having a debate here.

Now tell me of one single case since WW2 where western meddling in foreign wars ended in any other way than total disaster, misery, death, displacement and destruction?

Korea? Vietnam? Afghanistan? Iraq? Syria? Libya? Laos? Yugoslavia? Cambodia? Central America? And now you support Western meddling in Ukraine based on feed from the same corporate media that brought us nonexistent WMD. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jerno said:

Coward. Rather obvious to majority of the world Putin despicably evil in his Special Operation in Ukraine.  Pray-hoot is gutless to do what's right.

Do you mean coward like the US not getting involved in the Chinese invasion of Tibet, and countless other conflicts?

Did you know the UK have invaded all but 22 countries in the world?

How short-sighted of you to bash Thailand, when we are doing the right thing here. 

The US stirred this conflict up as they will/are benefit from it; exactly like they did when they invaded Iraq for absolutely no valid reason, yet you want Thailand to join with these forces, my God, the world is going mad. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

If China ever tries to take over Thailand I hope the west does nothing and remains  ¨neutral¨.

Do you really hope that?  Shame on you. 

Of course the US would do nothing, remember Tibet?

17 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I think, unofficially, Thailand is on Russia's side, but they can't risk saying so.

Thailand is always on the 'money-side', and Ukraine is economically insignificant for Thailand. (Plus, Thailand's best buddy's ????????

best buddy is Russia.)

You beat me to it. Well put. And all the while China is invading Thailand from all sides.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Vice president Joe Biden..... shows the level of competence to rule this country...

I'm sure Biden, like most Americans I know, can't even say Prayut's full name. He even called Trump 'George' a couple of years ago ???? 

• Haha 1