Authorities to Distribute Free Cannabis Plants for Home Cultivation

webfact

1 hour ago, featography said:

I had a friend that was given hemp in a baggy. Upon telling me he had canabis, I asked to see it. I saw it, smelled it (smelled like hemp rope). I asked are you smokking this? Answer; yes. Does it get you high? Answer; yes (phsycological?) 2 Months later, he could barely talk for the lack of air behind his words. 8 months later, he passed out walking from kitchen to living room, hit his head on the floor and died. We found him 2 days later.

Some friend you are.

You let your friend continue down a dangerous path, dId nothing for eight months. And now, for some sick reason, you invoke this friend's memory for attention here?

And to make some sort of odd point, which I certainly don't get?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

All cannabis plants rely on both sexes to reproduce properly although they do sometimes produce 'hermaphrodites' which pollinate themselves.

Most modern seeds are female only.

It's all I use, saves a lot of wasted time, you only need one seed then clone as many plants as you want.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most modern seeds are female only.

It's all I use, saves a lot of wasted time, you only need one seed then clone as many plants as you want.

Not exactly - they are feminised.  Nobody who produces them will ever guarantee them as 100% female but it is extremely rare for them to produce a male.  With some strains there is a higher likelihood of a feminised seed producing hermaphrodites - I had some Gelato Cookies that produced 6 'hermies' out of 10 seeds.  It can also take much longer to sort through plants grown from feminised seed and find the best phenotypes to clone and grow on.

It takes longer but its far better to grow from normal seeds and 'sex' them - weeding out any males.  You then 'clone' them by taking cuttings.  Hermies can come from normal seeds but in that case, its either caused by stress, light leaks or some other wrong treatment on the part of the grower. With feminised seeds, they hermie because the genetics are mucked up.

I never saw a hermie for 10 years until I bought feminised seeds - some people never get them but its luck of the draw.  The currently popular 'Cali' strains seem more prone to hermies than most.

Each to his own but I much prefer clones.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Not exactly - they are feminised.  Nobody who produces them will ever guarantee them as 100% female but it is extremely rare for them to produce a male.  With some strains there is a higher likelihood of a feminised seed producing hermaphrodites - I had some Gelato Cookies that produced 6 'hermies' out of 10 seeds.  It can also take much longer to sort through plants grown from feminised seed and find the best phenotypes to clone and grow on.

I've never had any problems.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never had any problems.

Neither did I until I switched to 'Cali' strains - a lot of people I know have had the same problems.  I think they've just been messed about with too much. The most popular of the 'Cali' strains - Stardawg or Star Dog in English also has rooting problems when cloned.  I'm used to roots within 7 days but Dog can take 3 weeks - by which time the growth tip has rotted on around 30% of them. All in all, I find Cali strains a real pain in the proverbial.

• Haha 1

'' and used exclusively for medicinal purposes. ''....... oops.. I've just seen a pig fly over.

So nobody will be smoking it of course ! Having read a little about cannabis I learn that a driver , having had a ''recreational ''  puff or two , must wait 3 hours before taking to the road.

Just what Thailand needs to jump from number 2 to the Worlds number 1 for traffic accidents. 

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:35 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Hemp is the male cannabis plant

Marijuana has male and female  plants. When growing the trick is to remove the male plants to stop the females seeding. We aim for sinsimella,  unfertilised females to heighten THC content via flowers (buds). Separation of sexes is not so easy as a plant can go hermaphrodite in an attempt  to fertilize other plants around  it. It is programmed to produce.  Like many species it has a biological  imperative to reproduce. The cannabis  plant is a complex,  miraculous almost  magical  plant. Back in the day, before toxic hydroponics and genetically  modified seed stock I did all my cultivation in soil outdoors. As cultivation  gets easier due to GM strains the growers  get more ignorant and loose contact with the plants'  true qualities, characteristics and its roots and sadly create less nuanced and charming product.  A lot of the super strengths cultivated these days are mind  numbing and create a couch potato 'smack head' lifestyle in the user - not a prankster artist creative  life style

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

I think TH has a long way to go, before making recreational legal, and putting out a product worth the bother.   From the OP:

"The sale of cannabis products containing less than 0.2%  ????????????

tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive compound in marijuana

that produces the "high" feeling, is currently legal in Thailand."

Call me when it's up to 10 to 20+ % ... ????

From a Canadian recreation & medicinal online selling site:

image.png.f92377349ff537eca79054b01b4d30a3.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, isanviking said:

Good for buffalo food ???? and many other fantastic use of HEMP. But high or medical, nope !

My rabbits enjoy cannabis leaves and they've picked and eaten nearly all the leaves form my baby Kratom tree.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

due to GM strains the growers  get more ignorant and loose contact with the plants'  true qualities,

Gotta laugh at the ignorance in that sentence.

As for 'hermaphrodite', in my limited experience (10s not 1000s) not once ever, best not to buy inferior quality feminised seeds from the new boys on the block.

Edited by BritManToo

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 12:03 AM, KhunLA said:

I think TH has a long way to go, before making recreational legal, and putting out a product worth the bother.   From the OP:

These are made  up names for genetically modified dope. Concentrating on THC content  by % overlooks the important issues of quality and character.

Back in the 80s when hydroponics  was taking off in Europe the Amsterdam dealers wouldn't smoke the hydroponics grown hybrids they were selling.  In Britain  and Jamaica the Rastas also considered this artificial dope as 'babylon'. And sought natural plantation 'sinsi'.

However there is a whole generation of people who only know genetically modified 'skunk', super  strong  and super  stupid dope that bears little resemblance to real hash or grass.

For sociable fun and creativity weaker quantities of THC are probably preferable to the sledgehammer mong- couch potato - hybrids and GM dope dominating the market  today.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:03 AM, KhunLA said:

These are made  up names for genetically modified dope. Concentrating on THC content  by % overlooks the important issues of quality and character.

Back in the 80s when hydroponics  was taking off in Europe the Amsterdam dealers wouldn't smoke the hydroponics grown hybrids they were selling.  In Britain  and Jamaica the Rastas also considered this artificial dope as 'babylon'. And sought natural plantation 'sinsi'.

However there is a whole generation of people who only know genetically modified 'skunk', super  strong  and super  stupid dope that bears little resemblance to real hash or grass.

For sociable fun and creativity weaker quantities of THC are probably preferable to the sledgehammer mong- couch potato - hybrids and GM dope dominating the market  today.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:45 PM, KhaoYai said:

It takes longer but its far better to grow from normal seeds and 'sex' them - weeding out any males.  You then 'clone' them by taking cuttings.  Hermies can come from normal seeds but in that case, its either caused by stress, light leaks or some other wrong treatment on the part of the grower. With feminised seeds, they hermie because the genetics are mucked up.

I never saw a hermie for 10 years until I bought feminised seeds - some people never get them but its luck of the draw.  The currently popular 'Cali' strains seem more prone to hermies than most.

Each to his own but I much prefer clones.

If you watch your plants and see naners early(indoors) , you can try putting them

back into Veg light cycle.

CEO of Cookies is coming to LOS in Aug. he said on one of his podcasts.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:01 AM, Humpy said:

'' and used exclusively for medicinal purposes. ''....... oops.. I've just seen a pig fly over.

So nobody will be smoking it of course ! Having read a little about cannabis I learn that a driver , having had a ''recreational ''  puff or two , must wait 3 hours before taking to the road.

Just what Thailand needs to jump from number 2 to the Worlds number 1 for traffic accidents. 

It will be more like "stoned people run over going too slow by drunks".

On 5/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Like many species it has a biological  imperative to reproduA lot of the super strengths cultivated these days are mind  numbing and create a couch potato 'smack head' lifestyle in the user - not a prankster artist creative  life style

Hello, your not using smokers and users right. "couch potato" ok term. Or did

you miss type? "smack head" has always been a junkie, like Lu Reed , " when I

put a spike into my vein". 

The fat leaf boys like to get stoned, the thin leaf boys like to get high. Just like

in the song, "If you want to be a bird" This not the movie version of the song.

On 6/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Quit with the GM BS. Cross breeding has been done for centuries. Mainly done

with male pollen put on the female flower.

Have you ever Sean what corn, wheat or carrots usb to look like hundreds of

years ago? (todays GMO corn/wheat is not the same as making Hyb's.).

GM and GMO are 2 different things. Most fruit trees are grafted, is that apple

GM?The way you use "GM", it seams like your implying "GMO". I'm not a GMO

fan.

Hydro indoors pot became big, because it was easy to hide growing, except the

electric costs when it was illegal.

It's like food, we all have are own preferences.

rice555

Thai's are not stupid, This will morph into them growing high grade pot and selling it as fast as you can say. cat in a hat.

If they get <deleted> at ya they will turn you in and down the toilet you will go.

This is going to be crazy to watch.

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Moving forward anyone want to hazard a guess what the amount of the bribe requested will be to ensure the police lab test results for your crop come back with a reading of less than .2% THC?

One puff!

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:27 AM, sjbrownderby said:

The point is that small farmers can grow the plants and sell them back to their original distributor. This is a similar business model to sericulture in which silkworms are purchased at a few days old and sold back to their original distributor as silk cocoons (after just about three weeks). The small farmers who sell those silk cocoons have nothing to do with processing into silk thread and eventually cloth. All they do is grow the worms into cocoons. The medical marijuana industry in Thailand will be employing a similar process with small farmers growing the plants and selling them back to the original distributor.  There is no need for any (small) grower to have any kind of licence as they will not be involved in any processing or extraction of CBD. I hope, now, you have a better understanding of the situation. You're welcome.

Sounds like the raising trout in your swimming pool scam that was a thing in Australia in the 80s.

On 5/10/2022 at 12:34 PM, simon43 said:

Can the average cop visually tell the difference between a hemp plant with <0.2% THC and a cannabis plant with 20% THC?

Asking for a friend of course ????

If you are arrested, you have to prove your plant has less than 0.2% THC. Otherwise, you go to the monkey house.

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I've smoked, Thai brick, Cambodian brick and Vietnamese brick along with many types of hybrid hydro.

Can't say I've noticed much difference, apart from needing to smoke much more brick to get a similar effect to the hydro.