Thailand is approaching Covid-19 redefinition as ‘endemic’ but with no exact timeframe, Public Health Minister says

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

Well I am still wearing mine for the foreseeable future.

And, furthermore, I shall continue wearing one, when in confined public places, if I am back in the UK during the flu season and that particular virus is rampant.

How come it took mankind so many decades to realise basic facts about the spread of germs?

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And an end to all the Covid measures, arrivals at any port allowed to freely enter, establishments allowed to resume normal business and an end to the emergency decree?

Or just "endemic" in name only?

Endemic only . sort of "Double Speak"

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

OK, so now it is time to man up. Tell the people masks are no longer required outdoors, as they do not serve any useful function outdoors anyway, they look positively ridiculous, and they inhibit our lives.

And stop the panic. This is not the Zombie Apocalypse. Stop behaving as if it is! 

Personally I will continue to wear some protection against sh!t filling my lungs while outside.

3 hours ago, alyx said:

As one should be entitled to decide whether to wear a mask as Japanese have been doing for decades (wearing mask... for their own protection though) .....or not. Not imposed

I thought in the case of Japanese it was for the protection of others around them..ie when they have a cold or such themselves. Don't see that happening in the 'me,me,me' West!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I thought in the case of Japanese it was for the protection of others around them..ie when they have a cold or such themselves. Don't see that happening in the 'me,me,me' West!

That is what I thought too decades ago when I first went to Japan …I have been told otherwise there 

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is exactly where wearing paper masks shine, retention of spit and mist.
As to the other posts re: mask study being valid or not  it still boils down to particle size vs mesh size. It really is that basic and irrefutable.
No paper or cloth mask is suitable against a virus, it's simply too small in size.

Use a silicone mask that is the proper size for your face and shave that morning or before use with the proper filter selection if you want to have any control over inhaling a virus. Better yet get a dive bottle container of air and have a full face mask with bottled air if you want to play it safe.

Keep in mind  the covid virus is inactivated within seconds in hard UV light but you all know that of course and therefore all this talk is moot and neurotic.

This is why hard UV light is used in meat packing plants and biolabs to cleanse air of bacteria and viruses.

5 hours ago, huangnon said:

Read: "We're still making shedloads of money from PPE, dodgy ATK test kits, and hospitels. Oh, and keeping a disgruntled population off the streets in protests,,"

They will keep this going as long as possible.

I heard that the insurance companies are raising the rates for Covid insurance and the coverage stays the same at $10,000.  If this is not the most brazen scam, I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DRD123 said:

No paper or cloth mask is suitable against a virus, it's simply too small in size.

I really did not think we had anyone so silly as to repeat this nonsense..... but you just woke up a sleeper account I guess! Better just roll over son.

3 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

“Endemic”. They love that word. It means nothing except it gives them license to make irresponsible decisions.

Covid cases worldwide are soaring. They’re certainly not going down here.

Not exactly ending anytime soon.

Being endemic does not mean that numbers of cases are going down - could easily be the opposite

endemic definition

it should mean that there is an agreement to live with it and carry on with normal life. 

Edited by VBF

9 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Not sure I would take the US, which, as the New York Times article below points out, has the highest per capita death rate of any western industrialised nation, as an example to follow.

U.S. Has Far Higher Covid Death Rate Than Other Wealthy Countries

well its a good thing that we are free to make choices based on our own beliefs, research, and reasoning. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, smedly said:

stupid beyond belief 

Covid is over - get with the rest of the world 

Honestly how stupid are these people 

Move on 

They are soldiers with a Thai IQ similar to the average IQ which is way below the people from western countries, You cannot expect any more from them.

8 hours ago, LALes said:

I heard that the insurance companies are raising the rates for Covid insurance and the coverage stays the same at $10,000.  If this is not the most brazen scam, I don't know what is.

Don't the insurance companies not need to keep filling these brown envelopes? 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, hotchilli said:

I personally don't have an issue with face mask wearing.

On flights or in close proximity to others in any location, it means I don't get infected with anything.

In Thailand it still offers protection against pollution and PM2.5 in particular.

But hey-ho, it's a free world, and your lungs.

@hotchilli That's the problem here in thailand it isnt a free world, we are forced to wear masks, as you say you're not bothered if people wear masks or not but you will keep wearing yours, and that's your choice but people who dont want to wear them don't get a choice.

an endemic....  will still be forced to wear masks, will still have temp checks, will still have the pointless screens up in 7-11,  a lot of schools will still make students have a jab, apart from that it will be back to normal life????    

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

@hotchilli That's the problem here in thailand it isnt a free world, we are forced to wear masks, as you say you're not bothered if people wear masks or not but you will keep wearing yours, and that's your choice but people who dont want to wear them don't get a choice.

Maybe those that don't like masks should be given a tour of hospital wards, showing people on ventilators, strapped to an oxygen bottle for the rest of their lives.

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Don't the insurance companies not need to keep filling these brown envelopes? 

Only the Thai companies - tourists can just use their regular travel insurance.

20 hours ago, paulikens said:

Yes they do, wear one or go a place where it is not obligated.

But be real, it isn't as if the mask police were wandering about with big sticks whacking those maskless like Saudi matawa! Other than at the odd places most can get by without wearing a mask... pop one on for the 7-11 to buy the hot-dog, such a petty thing to whine over. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

go a place where it is not obligated.

@jacko45k you have to wear them outside so what your saying is stay in my room!   such a petty thing to whine about... what my civil liberties!!      pro-maskers make me laugh, as i said in previous post, you wasn't wearing them pre-covid so i can drive a bus through your argument. as there has always been plenty of viruses about which can kill the frail and elderly, but now you put on the holier than thou act saying you're doing it for the community. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1