Frustrated with Pattaya beach deckchair businesses!

simon43

On 6/2/2022 at 1:18 AM, PJ71 said:

A lot of long timers speak Thai of course but then a lot of them also thinks this allows them to talk down to Thais even more,

Or, a lot of them simply think they will not be treated like a tourist being caught in the tourists trap, but to Thai's, all farang are tourists, and ripe for the rip off.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:18 AM, PJ71 said:

unless you were there you don't know the whole story, like the rest of us.

I wasn't there, so, are you saying the OP's account is BS? 

On 6/2/2022 at 1:19 AM, PJ71 said:

Another topic you seem to be an expert in - lol.

Maybe TAT advisor position looms for you?

Just posting my opinion, which is more that what you do, you spineless troll. 

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2022 at 4:44 AM, 2009 said:

Well, som nam na! That's what I say.

They can still milk the farang; the Chinese are just smarter.

I find it hard to feel sorry for most locals here who want to be involved in the tourist industry.

For example, my elderly (mid 60s) mom arrived yesterday and the bludgeoning airport taxi driver refused to use the meter and creamed her for 700. That's just one example, of many.

It just makes me lose whatever respect and sympathy I had for locals involved with tourists.

Anyway, such as life.

Yes, the Thai's wanted the Chinese, and the Thai's got the Chinese. 

The Chinese will give a lesson to the Thai's on market domination. 

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:10 AM, aussiexpat said:

What a load of rubbish, I see many people sitting on the beach in front of deckchairs...it is 5km long, plenty of sand to go around

Once again, more misleading, and over optimistic posts from you, aussieexpat.  Your posts can not be relied upon in any factual way.

Do you have any comment to make about this link? 

It clearly shows my post was not "rubbish." 

32 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Did that touch a nerve, insults - tut tut.

Of course not. 

You criticize people who post their opinion, yet never say why you disagree.  it's spinless. 

You must have been bullied as a kid at school.  ????

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

You criticize people who post their opinion, yet never say why you disagree.  it's spinless. 

Only your posts coz your opinions are from your own little world where you thinnk you know everything, it's apparent you knnow nothing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Only your posts coz your opinions are from your own little world where you thinnk you know everything, it's apparent you knnow nothing.

I don't proclaim to know everything, just more than you, but that's not hard. 

Do you have an on topic comments to make? 

Just now, Leaver said:

just more than you

about online whooring granted but that concerns me not.

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Do you have an on topic comments to make? 

Yes, i've never used a deck chair in thailand.

36 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

about online whooring granted but that concerns me not.

It doesn't concern me, either.

It's not about online whoring, it's about how online has, and will continue to impact the traditional bar business model here.  Of course, a discussion on this is obviously above you. 

38 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Yes, i've never used a deck chair in thailand.

Well, there's no beaches in Issan, so that understandable. 

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

Or, a lot of them simply think they will not be treated like a tourist being caught in the tourists trap, but to Thai's, all farang are tourists, and ripe for the rip off.

I wasn't there, so, are you saying the OP's account is BS? 

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This thread is a good reminder that tourists visiting Thailand are expected  to pay for food, drink and services including beach chair hire. Thailand  is not a Club Med style holiday where everything is free.

it's also a reminder that people have different expectations. in this case the vendor was probably thinking that the cheap charlie would drink his coconut water quickly and move on. possibly she thought that since he spoke Thai that he "knew the score". 

CC on the other hand thought that he was getting a whole day of napping in the shade for the price of a coconut because he speak Thai welly good! he clearly doesn't know the score because that's not how it works on Pattaya Beach. 

on Thanon Rambuttri in Bangkok, which runs roughly parallel to the Khao San Road there are a few cheap restaurants that have tables and chairs on the street. they have a sign that says something equivalent to "don't stay too long". this is because the bagpackers think they can order a fried rice for 30 baht or whatever and then hang out there for the rest of the afternoon oblivious to the fact that the food vendor is making sweet FA on each dish and needs to turn tables in order to make a profit.

perhaps the OP should contact Pattaya City Hall and petition the mayor to have the beach vendors put up similar warning signs lest other poor tourists become frustrated by the "predatory" actions of the beach crew ????

5 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

it's also a reminder that people have different expectations. in this case the vendor was probably thinking that the cheap charlie would drink his coconut water quickly and move on. possibly she thought that since he spoke Thai that he "knew the score". 

CC on the other hand thought that he was getting a whole day of napping in the shade for the price of a coconut because he speak Thai welly good! he clearly doesn't know the score because that's not how it works on Pattaya Beach. 

on Thanon Rambuttri in Bangkok, which runs roughly parallel to the Khao San Road there are a few cheap restaurants that have tables and chairs on the street. they have a sign that says something equivalent to "don't stay too long". this is because the bagpackers think they can order a fried rice for 30 baht or whatever and then hang out there for the rest of the afternoon oblivious to the fact that the food vendor is making sweet FA on each dish and needs to turn tables in order to make a profit.

perhaps the OP should contact Pattaya City Hall and petition the mayor to have the beach vendors put up similar warning signs lest other poor tourists become frustrated by the "predatory" actions of the beach crew ????

Is "the score" good for tourism?

Should a tourist be treated poorly because they don't know "the score?"

Do neighboring countries that Thailand is competing with for the tourism dollar have "a score?"  

Would countries that don't have "a score" offer a more pleasant experience for tourists? 

Are some tables and chairs for street food in Bangkok comparable to the hundreds of deck chairs on Pattaya Beach in low season? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 11:38 AM, simon43 said:

You're probably right.  Why should I, as their only customer, expect to be able to relax in a deckchair, buy their drink and not move their little plastic table?  I guess it's my white, colonial ideas.  Shame on me!

Actually being a customer attracts others to that business. Restaurants try to place people close to the window as it brings in more custom

On 5/13/2022 at 1:33 PM, 2009 said:

Exactly.

I was in a place on Soi Cowboy recently. 

The "waitress" was pulling pints with a 2 inch head (or no head at all, just empty space). Then she was taking my glass away while I still had a couple inches of beer in it.

She told me to put my BKK Funcard (that they issued me a few weeks ago) back in my pocket cos allegedly they don't accept it anymore despite it still be advertised. Had to press her to actually accept it -- and she did.

I reckon they may be trying to make back lost income, but to treat customers like that. And then asking for a tip. Lol

All the while being: rude, a smartmouth, condescending, and strangely flirty (dunno how this combination came about).

The other waitress was steaming drunk and groping customers. Ok it's Soi Cowboy, I know, but this bar claims to be a safe haven from that. Maybe it was her BF who knows.

And to think: tourists choose to come HERE!! LOL

What bar ? Oasis?

I've been in there recently and they accepted the Bkk funcard (they don't even ask me anymore).

A month or so ago I complained because they had turned to aircon off because they were cold! (Got dirty looks but they turned it back on!)

RAZZ

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Its not for the customers.... 

There was a Pattaya GGB getting complaints of warm beers and the manager was a bit perplexed by it, as he checked before opening time stock was cold and plentiful. Discovered the guy fetching it turned the fridge off as it made his hands cold. 

Yeah, heaven forbid they do something for the customer.

When authoritarian, feudal society hierarchy slips into beers bars, lol, you end up with slappers thinking they are more important than the customer.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 2009 said:

Yeah, heaven forbid they do something for the customer.

When authoritarian, feudal society hierarchy slips into beers bars, lol, you end up with slappers thinking they are more important than the customer.

This was just some male server guy behind the bar. But it shows how they don't think outside of their own little circle.... or simply don't think.

• Like 1