Frustrated with Pattaya beach deckchair businesses!

simon43

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Come on guys. You all know this is BS.

If you are buying their drinks or food, you shouldn't have to pay for the chair.

Imagine if restaurants or bars started charging you for the seat as well as the food and drink. Lol.

Thais are the world's best at ripping the arrse out of everything and everyone.

That would make things hard. Listen folks who rent chairs are there for a good time, at least I am. That means you expect to be ripped off with expensive food and drinks. Just yesterday a sea bass was 700thb at a place on Koh Larn so paying an extra 50 thb for the comfy lounge chair didn't matter. Maybe if you're a repeat customer they could cut you some slack.

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That would make things hard. Listen folks who rent chairs are there for a good time, at least I am. That means you expect to be ripped off with expensive food and drinks. Just yesterday a sea bass was 700thb at a place on Koh Larn so paying an extra 50 thb for the comfy lounge chair didn't matter. Maybe if you're a repeat customer they could cut you some slack.

I get your point, but it's the principle of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

A first time tourist would be smart enough to pay 40 baht for the deck chair for the entire day and buy a coconut for 40 baht and take as long as they like to drink it

OP created his own "attention seeking" drama with his strange 100 baht deal

So there are no scams on Pattaya Beach then.  Typical Thai apologist post from you. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:57 PM, bangkokstick said:

yes confirmed, nowhere a chair is 100

Baen Saeng beach they are 100... but the weekends are rammed with rich Bangkokians not tight sphincter Falangs like Pattaya and Jomtien.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So there are no scams on Pattaya Beach then.  Typical Thai apologist post from you. 

I've been using Pattaya deck chairs for 14 years, never had a problem

Typical doom & gloom everybody hates me post from you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deck chairs are provided  for a small fee. The user hires them. They are very cheap. Food offered  on the beach by passing vendors is not free. Do tourists  really need to be informed  that they are expected  to pay for goods  and services when on holiday in Thailand?

Tourists  can bring there own chair or lie on a towel on the beach if they don't have enough  money.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Probably that you need to pay for a chair and table when you want to use them on the beach (like everywhere else)

But what about the price of a coconut, which seems to fluctuate more than the stock market?  ????

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I've been using Pattaya deck chairs for 14 years, never had a problem

So, of course, that means they are all reputable.  They would never scam anyone, ever. 

Next thing you'll say is you've never, ever, had you bar bill padded.  ????

Just more Thai apologist BS from you.  Always the same. 

Edited by Leaver

33 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So, of course, that means they are all reputable.  They would never scam anyone, ever. I

Just more Thai apologist BS from you.  Always the same. 

Wow, I post "I've been using Pattaya deck chairs for 14 years, never had a problem" and get that response.

It's pretty neutral actually and simply means I've never had a problem. You make it sound like I said they were all magical beings treating us tourists like gods

Proof that you've lost the plot and should probably leave Pattaya as soon as possible

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Wow, I post "I've been using Pattaya deck chairs for 14 years, never had a problem" and get that response. It simply means I've never had a problem

Proof that you've lost the plot and should probably leave Pattaya as soon as possible

You've never had a problem, so that means no one else has either, accept the OP, and it was all his fault, being the evil farang.  

You paid your padded bar bill, but then personally attack someone who questions pricing of the beach chairs.  Talk about double standards. 

Next thing you'll be saying it's the tourists fault for hiring a jet ski and being scammed. 

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You've never had a problem, so that means no one else has either, accept the OP, and it was all his fault, being the evil farang.  

You paid your padded bar bill, but then personally attack someone who questions pricing of the beach chairs.  Talk about double standards. 

Next thing you'll be saying it's the tourists fault for hiring a jet ski and being scammed. 

You really have lost it. I gave my advice that I had no problems with deckchairs, how would I know if anyone else did. I've also never paid my padded bar bill, where did this come from? You seem like a pyscho making stuff up in your head...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

You really have lost it. I gave my advice that I had no problems with deckchairs, how would I know if anyone else did. I've also never paid my padded bar bill, where did this come from? You seem like a pyscho making stuff up in your head...

Are you claiming you have never been scammed, overcharged, had a bill padded, had a price changed on you etc etc etc etc in all your time in Thailand?

If so, you should start a youtube channel to assist tourists.  ????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Tourists  can bring there own chair or lie on a towel on the beach if they don't have enough  money.

How is that working out.... there were a few instances of folks being 'persuaded' to move on who used their own towels. Dragging one's own seat around is an effort!

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:43 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

ourists  can bring there own chair or lie on a towel on the beach if they don't have enough  money.

In some cases, this has resulted in a beating. 

You see, they don't just own the beach chairs, they think they own the beach. 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:29 AM, mercman24 said:

i can understand their point of view, they were waiting for the million tourists to show up, i bet they are still waiting , ha ha. have a nice coconut day

That's why they ripped off the one tourists that actually did show up, and when that tourists spoke fluent Thai to them, they thought, well, let's rip him off anyway.  ????  

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Interesting, how so?

The Chinese tour companies were beating the Thai's down to their absolute rock bottom price.  There's no "golden goose" with the Chinese.

Then, there is the "zero baht" tourism.  Chinese companies with Thai nominees owning hotels, restaurants, boats, buses etc. 

The hotel staff, bus drivers, restaurant waitresses etc were 300 baht a day Thai's, with the profits remaining in China, because the tour / holiday was paid for in China.  So, it creates some employment for low paid Thai's, and that's about it.  There's also the possibility that many Lao, Burmese, Vietnamese and Cambodians were working in Chinese owned establishments, so Thailand sees next to nothing from the millions of Chinese tourists.

The funny one was the fake Thai Temple that a Chinese company set up to cut out the real temples.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 11:05 PM, Leaver said:

when that tourists spoke fluent Thai to them

A lot of long timers speak Thai of course but then a lot of them also thinks this allows them to talk down to Thais even more, maybe this is what brought on the charge, unless you were there you don't know the whole story, like the rest of us.

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

The Chinese tour companies were beating the Thai's down to their absolute rock bottom price.  There's no "golden goose" with the Chinese.

Then, there is the "zero baht" tourism.  Chinese companies with Thai nominees owning hotels, restaurants, boats, buses etc. 

The hotel staff, bus drivers, restaurant waitresses etc were 300 baht a day Thai's, with the profits remaining in China, because the tour / holiday was paid for in China.  So, it creates some employment for low paid Thai's, and that's about it.  There's also the possibility that many Lao, Burmese, Vietnamese and Cambodians were working in Chinese owned establishments, so Thailand sees next to nothing from the millions of Chinese tourists.

The funny one was the fake Thai Temple that a Chinese company set up to cut out the real temples.

Another topic you seem to be an expert in - lol.

Maybe TAT advisor position looms for you?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Well, som nam na! That's what I say.

They can still milk the farang; the Chinese are just smarter.

I find it hard to feel sorry for most locals here who want to be involved in the tourist industry.

For example, my elderly (mid 60s) mom arrived yesterday and the bludgeoning airport taxi driver refused to use the meter and creamed her for 700. That's just one example, of many.

It just makes me lose whatever respect and sympathy I had for locals involved with tourists.

Anyway, such as life.

Edited by 2009

On 6/1/2022 at 2:00 AM, Leaver said:

In some cases, this has resulted in a beating. 

You see, they don't just own the beach chairs, they think they own the beach. 

What a load of rubbish, I see many people sitting on the beach in front of deckchairs...it is 5km long, plenty of sand to go around

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Well, som nam na! That's what I say.

They can still milk the farang; the Chinese are just smarter.

I find it hard to feel sorry for most locals here who want to be involved in the tourist industry.

For example, my elderly (mid 60s) mom arrived yesterday and the bludgeoning airport taxi driver refused to use the meter and creamed her for 700. That's just one example, of many.

It just makes me lose whatever respect and sympathy I had for locals involved with tourists.

Anyway, such as life.

You should have picked her up. 

Is the fixed price taxi rank not operating?