Long COVID clinics mushroom in Thailand as survivors tackle after-effects

webfact

Met a gentleman yesterday from Canada, he had Covid in September of last year, was in the hospital for 3 weeks until he was cleared.  He has had diminished lung capacity and gets winded and fatigued walking to the store which is not very far from where we live.  He has asked at the local clinic if he can be seen for Long Covid and was told that since he is not Thai then he needs to go to the regular hospital.  He indicated he has gone to two hospitals but instead of helping him they tell him he needs to use the long covid clinics.....catch 22 it appears.....

He told me that he will be heading back to Canada to get help if he can not get some here, at least he still has the ability to seek treatment there, but he has lived here for 20 years, and would travel back and forth on an ME Retirement O-A visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

How can I test for this?   Sometimes I can't remember the cube root of 8732938 and sometimes I'm not sure If I remembered my keys.   Sometimes I remember things, sometimes I feel dumb.   Are things harder to do? 

I googled "brain fog" and I swear it's the same as "getting older."   Especially in this heat.   

Long covid is a big problem in my area. Memory loss is only one of many problems they have. I hope these new clinics open soon as many of my friends have long covid months after having covid.

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Are you suggesting that there is no such thing and it is purely in the minds of those claiming to suffer? 

I do not believe that. 

Just found out my cousins 19 year old daughter lost her sense of smell and taste with Delta 1 year ago, she still can not smell or taste the food she is eating. It has affected her so much she is down to 95 lbs, from 120 and is 5'8.....another long covid issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just found out my cousins 19 year old daughter lost her sense of smell and taste with Delta 1 year ago, she still can not smell or taste the food she is eating. It has affected her so much she is down to 95 lbs, from 120 and is 5'8.....another long covid issue.

There are many problem after getting covid, loss of smell and taste, can't see for short period's, running to the toilet very often, even one guy I know said he loss heaps of hair after covid

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Met a gentleman yesterday from Canada, he had Covid in September of last year, was in the hospital for 3 weeks until he was cleared.  He has had diminished lung capacity and gets winded and fatigued walking to the store which is not very far from where we live.  He has asked at the local clinic if he can be seen for Long Covid and was told that since he is not Thai then he needs to go to the regular hospital.  He indicated he has gone to two hospitals but instead of helping him they tell him he needs to use the long covid clinics.....catch 22 it appears.....

He told me that he will be heading back to Canada to get help if he can not get some here, at least he still has the ability to seek treatment there, but he has lived here for 20 years, and would travel back and forth on an ME Retirement O-A visa.

Do you by chance know how many shots he has received?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harveyg said:

Do you by chance know how many shots he has received?

He was unvaccinated, as he believed that if he took ivermectin and Vitamin D and zinc he would not get the virus.  He now wishes he had.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Purdey said:

Surprising that there are so many who, having tried to persuade everyone two years ago that it was just a type of flu, now still don't want to listen to doctors. Whatever you may say, long COVID is one of the results of having had COVID for some people, not all, and yet there are deniers who are willing to swear it is all made up. It is documented and has been explained for several years.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects/index.html

Wherever you immigrated from, the story is very consistent.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/long-term-effects-of-coronavirus-long-covid/

A serious subject matter that hasn't received too much surface attention of the last two-and-a-half years. Ironic, as it might be the real story of the Covid era and has continuously effected tens of millions worldwide......as applying to long term conditions of disability. 

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He was unvaccinated, as he believed that if he took ivermectin and Vitamin D and zinc he would not get the virus.  He now wishes he had.

Just to clarify. Did the person reference a doctor recommended protocol for both prophylaxis and early treatment?

Edited by Harveyg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I know similar expats who dismissed  covid, dismissed vaccinations, dismissed  mask....then caught covid! Dismissed it as bad cold now they  are obsessed  with having 'long  covid'..IDIOTS Moaning everyday

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harveyg said:

Just to clarify. Did the person reference a doctor recommended protocol for both prophylaxis and early treatment?

No, he said he believed in what Joe Rogan and others were saying at the time.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:59 PM, Excel said:

.... Especially so when by the governments own figures at least 10 % have mental issues. That alone is 7 million people.

A figure that jumps to 50% for members of the government cabinet.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Data collected from the same  quantity of non covid  patients would find similar symptoms. 

Amazing how you can talk about data by making unfounded allegations without having any data to back it up. 

On 5/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, Iamfalang said:

How can I test for this?   Sometimes I can't remember the cube root of 8732938 and sometimes I'm not sure If I remembered my keys.   Sometimes I remember things, sometimes I feel dumb.   Are things harder to do? 

I googled "brain fog" and I swear it's the same as "getting older."   Especially in this heat.   

That’s why you’re not a doctor but just a random bloke trolling on the internet. 

• Like 2

My g/f has on-going lung issues after getting it about 6 weeks ago..that after about 4 vaccines though sinocrap was figured into the totals....shhhhhh, not supposed to say the Chinese stuff no better than saline solution....