อู

carlyai

3 hours ago, Puccini said:

Are you saying that you have seen the Thai text for "1 week" written as "อู 1 Ahatit (U1)", ie including an arabic numeral and letters of the Latin alphabet?

Yes,  why?

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

Yes,  why?

Because I have never seen a Thai text that includes Latin letters.

Can you post a link to the web page or a scanned copy of the printed text where you have seen that text? 

อ can be a vowel or can indicate a lack of a consonant. In this case you just pronounce it as -ู.

Your question is all over the place and lacks any kind of context. Roman script is virtually never seen in the Thai language other than for trendy catchphrases or marketing terms. So to see any Thai script along with transliterated words is extremely rare... Maybe it would be from a Thai language learning textbook?

But without taking the time to provide greater explanation of where you saw this phenomenon, moaning about how you "don't understand" isn't going to get you any answers.

Edited by JayClay

I'm not moaning. You were talking about Latin  but the script is not Latin, that's why I don't/didn't understand.

Here is the sample of text attached.

My question was about the use of the Thai Vowel/Cosonant before the number 1. 

Why not just write 1. Why have อู before the 1?

Screenshot_20220515-080140_Translate.jpg

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

I'm not moaning. You were talking about Latin  but the script is not Latin, that's why I don't/didn't understand.

Here is the sample of text attached.

My question was about the use of the Thai Vowel/Cosonant before the number 1. 

Why not just write 1. Why have อู before the 1?

Screenshot_20220515-080140_Translate.jpg

Sorry wrong Thai text posted. I'll have another go.Screenshot_20220515-061543_Translate.thumb.jpg.9205ba37a04150447b799bfe973ca97e.jpg

9 minutes ago, carlyai said:

You were talking about Latin  but the script is not Latin, that's why I don't/didn't understand.

That directly contradicts the confirmation you made here...

10 hours ago, carlyai said:

Yes,  why?

Anyway...

You also copied the Thai script incorrectly in your original post, the correct spelling of the word as shown in your screenshot is อู่ 

When you try to translate "อู่1 อาทิตย์" in Google Translate it results in "Garage 1 week". So perhaps อู่ is shorthand for the word garage? Maybe somebody who has actual experience with this word can answer.

8 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That directly contradicts the confirmation you made here...

Anyway...

You also copied the Thai script incorrectly in your original post, the correct spelling of the word as shown in your screenshot is อู่ 

When you try to translate "อู่1 อาทิตย์" in Google Translate it results in "Garage 1 week". So perhaps อู่ is shorthand for the word garage? Maybe somebody who has actual experience with this word can answer.

Yes I did leave of the tone marker. 

Can I respectfully ask you, why answer if you don't know?