Motorbike accident

Tayida

A friend of mine suffered an accident on his motorbile by another foreigner who was also on his mbike. Whoever caused the accident was drunk, without a driver license and without a mbike insurance. What are the consequences for him? Thanks

I take it you mean what trouble the guy whose not your friend.

For no DL a fine, For no CTPL and road tax a fine, To be proven drunk a fine and a year ban from driving, For not having volutary insurance he will have to pay your friend for any damage to his bike, maybe pay for injuries to your friend if not taken care of already by CTPL cover.

Edited by Kwasaki

Not much can be done here as any foreigner who decide to ride a bike in this country should know that his chances to cover costs from anyone be it local of foreigner is slim to none and the police will not show much interest here being farang on farang collusion...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tayida said:

A friend of mine suffered an accident on his motorbile by another foreigner who was also on his mbike. Whoever caused the accident was drunk, without a driver license and without a mbike insurance. What are the consequences for him?

- Your friend was involved in an accident.

- The other person riding the motorcycle had no licence, no insurance, was drunk.

- Was the accident the fault of the other person / Have the police assigned blame ?

- Did the Police give the other person a breathalyser test (test that he was drunk) ?

- IF so, the Police should charge him.

- IF not, its already too late.

Not enough info in your opening statement to make an evaluation of what ‘might happen’... 

But IF the other part was proven to be drunk and at fault the police should force them to pay for your  damages and possibly compensation of sorts.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Never ride motorbike in pattaya

If scared to ride, 'drive' a motorbike in Patts, you probably should never drive anything ....  anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If scared to ride, 'drive' a motorbike in Patts, you probably should never drive anything ....  anywhere.

So true.

I see driving anything anywhere in Thailand like participating in a Demolition Derby.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tayida said:

A friend of mine suffered an accident on his motorbile by another foreigner who was also on his mbike. Whoever caused the accident was drunk, without a driver license and without a mbike insurance. What are the consequences for him?

Depends on whether the police were involved.  Were they?

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Depends on whether the police were involved.  Were they?

OP has not come back with info we don't even know where it happened although someone mentioned Pattaya maybe he thinks that is all Thailand. ????

• Like 1

we need more information....now speculation mode.  I'll speculate:

crash, drunk, hurt, bike damaged.

no police, since both go by the name of falang.

result:  moral obligation.  falang might simply say, "no, no, where camera?  i busy i busy bye bye i have no money u very drunk and not me and not no no i forget the language i only speak Thailand"  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

this is good advice. I'm not a very good driver so I ditched my license some years ago and use public transport or taxis to get around. 

there's not a chance in hell that I'm ever getting behind the wheel of a car or motorcycle here in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1