Home-Grown Marijuana And Hemp Ok From June 9th

webfact

7 hours ago, Emdog said:

Back in the 1970's "Thai Stick" pot was held in high esteem.... Remember the sadness when US Coast Guard busted some ship with a couple of tons off the Oregon coast...

I do wonder how they will monitor the THC levels for home grown... "Really, officer, how was I to know the seeds were Maui wowwee?" Maybe some mod on ATK tests? Sure can't tell by looking.... smell test?

Thai sticks were usually laced with opium.

The strength and "quality" of modern strains of marijuana are way stronger than anything the hippies smoked back in the 60s and 70s.

recreational use is still illegal anyway.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, mtls2005 said:

"There are literally bales of millions of Meth pills and crystal Meth falling off trucks as these are transported from the North to Bangkok for distribution, and transshipment to other countries".

I would like to see some evidence to back that statement up. Personally I think it's BS fake news and scare mongering.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:28 AM, IAMHERE said:

"How the heck to regular every day Thai idiots know or control the amount of THC in the plants.  I love Thailand but I've found I wouldn't trust most to know if they should pass gas or pass wind". 

How the heck do regular every day 'anybody' know how to control the amount of THC in the plants. I think it would be safe to say that 99.9% of people, smokers or straights would know how to do this. You shouldn't single out Thai's for this lack of knowledge. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, KannikaP said:

Was it not 0.02% in previous postings.

This is the part I don't understand? Lately I am seeing reports about you can grow up to 6 plants for personal use but "extracts" with X amount THC will be illegal.

Does this mean the plant / buds themselves are legal? And only say an extract like cannabis oil would be illegal? 

Say you did grow 6 plants with low / zero THC. What the hell would you use them for? Decorate your drinks / food?

• Like 1

An overcomplicated, unenforceable et of regulations. They are based on the unscientific exaggeration of Marijuana's medical qualities. Of course Thailand loves quack medicines....

The reality is that the efficacious properties of cannabis are grossly overstated and the most logical reason to legalise it is recreational use, which the new laws discourage.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 8:52 AM, KhunLA said:

All good & fine, but 0.2% doesn't excite.

Anyone got a source for seeds hopefully that will produce something in the 10-20% range when buds snipped off for enjoying.

PM if not wanting to go public.  Thank you very much :rasta:

The article is not saying that home-grown plants with > 2% are considered narcotics.

It is saying in extract form if they have more than 2% then it would still be considered a narcotic.

With the articles wording it would appear that all high-thc strains are fine, as long as not extracted into concentrates.

By the time this is finalized by the FDA this may change. 

Just found this on one of my Facebook Cannabis growers groups. I know nothing about it but found it interesting. No mention of CBD only or THC limit. 

"

Just an FYI.......
In order to get your company genetics approved for import and commercial use by the Thai's I need the following.
COA's
Fem Report
Germ Report
Declaration Letter from Company stating the seeds are non GMO
Phytosanitary Certification
Agreement between our companies that we have the right to distribute your genetics in Thailand."

On 5/20/2022 at 7:51 AM, Thunglom said:

Thai sticks were usually laced with opium.

The strength and "quality" of modern strains of marijuana are way stronger than anything the hippies smoked back in the 60s and 70s.

recreational use is still illegal anyway.

True,  am from Texas and the dirt weed we got back then I thought was good until I went to Hawaii, and smoked some of their home grown weed. 

7 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Oh thats right they used to call them buddha sticks ???? My Thai mate reckons bong is a Thai word for water pipe. Must have all started here in good old Thailand

Back around 1979 I asked an elderly Laotian Hmong refugee guy what his bamboo water pipe was called.  "Bong" was the reply.  He was using it to smoke a hand-rolled cigarette. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 7:51 PM, Thunglom said:

"The strength and "quality" of modern strains of marijuana are way stronger than anything the hippies smoked back in the 60s and 70s.

recreational use is still illegal anyway"

Of course modern strains are way stronger than what people smoked back in the 60's and 70's, that's called progress.

Computers are way more powerfull today then they were in the early 70's.

Cars are way more powerfull now than they were in the 60's and 70's.

And just for the record, people, not just 'hippies' have been smoking grass for way longer than the 60's and 70's.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, garyk said:

True,  am from Texas and the dirt weed we got back then I thought was good until I went to Hawaii, and smoked some of their home grown weed. 

There is a massive difference between the strength of weed grown back in the 1960s / 1970s and nowadays. For a start te South American invention of sinsemilla. and the introduction of hydroponics - the amount of THC per acre has increased exponentially.

many parents should sample their kids cannabis, they'd be amazed....and wasted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wagga said:

"The strength and "quality" of modern strains of marijuana are way stronger than anything the hippies smoked back in the 60s and 70s.

recreational use is still illegal anyway"

Of course modern strains are way stronger than what people smoked back in the 60's and 70's, that's called progress.

Computers are way more powerfull today then they were in the early 70's.

Cars are way more powerfull now than they were in the 60's and 70's.

And just for the record, people, not just 'hippies' have been smoking grass for way longer than the 60's and 70's.

I'm not sure you really understand - increased "power" is not inevitable as you seem to think. - the root reason is to make the product as compact as possible - easier to ship or smuggle. A lot omits down to using ver small mouth of space to grow it. Te problem arises out of the overall composition of the plant and whether or not some of it has harmful side effects.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

There is a massive difference between the strength of weed grown back in the 1960s / 1970s and nowadays. For a start te South American invention of sinsemilla. and the introduction of hydroponics - the amount of THC per acre has increased exponentially.

many parents should sample their kids cannabis, they'd be amazed....and wasted.

Oh totally agree, and more so here lol. More like LSD. I was too scared to walk to the toilet last time. Was sure I would fall

• Haha 1

So is the growing / smoking / possession of normal weed (buds) with stronger THC going to be legal here or not? Obviously extracts and derivative products can't be used or consumed. 

Does anyone know definitively?

15 hours ago, Thunglom said:

I'm not sure you really understand - increased "power" is not inevitable as you seem to think. - the root reason is to make the product as compact as possible - easier to ship or smuggle. A lot omits down to using ver small mouth of space to grow it. Te problem arises out of the overall composition of the plant and whether or not some of it has harmful side effects.

No idea what your on about with 'increased power'. I was just stating how things get better 'with progress' and was using computers and cars as an example duh.

# "the root reason is to make the product as compact as possible, easier to ship or smuggle"....

Are you for real. What a completely stupid notion that is. Making a better quality grass does NOT, I repeat, does NOT make it any smaller to make it easier to "ship or smuggle".  Better quality grass through progress has got absolutely <deleted> all to do with 'shipping or smuggling'. It's about making something better?

# " The problem arises out of the overall composition of the plant and whether or not some of it has harmful side effects."

Unreal, you are definitely an arm chair expert, and not a very good one at that.

Anything, even water can have 'harmful side effects' if ya drink to much of it.

Please explain what your meaning is when you sprout off with this sort of stupid comment below..........

# "The problem arises out of the overall composition"

Just what the hell does that even mean. You really need to get out of your cave now and then and stop trying to sound like you know about something you obviously have zero knowledge about.

3 hours ago, Wagga said:

No idea what your on about with 'increased power'. I was just stating how things get better 'with progress' and was using computers and cars as an example duh.

# "the root reason is to make the product as compact as possible, easier to ship or smuggle"....

Are you for real. What a completely stupid notion that is. Making a better quality grass does NOT, I repeat, does NOT make it any smaller to make it easier to "ship or smuggle".  Better quality grass through progress has got absolutely <deleted> all to do with 'shipping or smuggling'. It's about making something better?

# " The problem arises out of the overall composition of the plant and whether or not some of it has harmful side effects."

Unreal, you are definitely an arm chair expert, and not a very good one at that.

Please explain what your meaning is when you sprout off with this sort of stupid comment below..........

Just what the hell does that even mean. You really need to get out of your cave now and then and stop trying to sound like you know about something you obviously have zero knowledge about.

Quoting you - "Computers are way more powerfull today then they were in the early 70's.

Cars are way more powerfull now than they were in the 60's and 70's."

As I suspected, you don't have a clue.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wagga said:

your comments remind me of early learning - Conservation, in child development, is a logical thinking ability first studied by Swiss psychologist Jean Piaget. In short, being able to conserve means knowing that a quantity doesn't change if it's been altered (by being stretched, cut, elongated, spread out, shrunk, poured, etc).

On 5/23/2022 at 7:26 PM, Kenny202 said:

So is the growing / smoking / possession of normal weed (buds) with stronger THC going to be legal here or not? Obviously extracts and derivative products can't be used or consumed. 

Does anyone know definitively?

I still don’t see any concrete FACTS concerning marijuana and the products made from the plant. I have seen a couple of “cannabis bars” in Bangkok and at least one in Pattaya. If the products being sold contain no THC, then what is actually being sold in these bars?  The establishments I have seen, in no way resemble the “Happy Pizza” establishments in Cambodia. Does any member of this forum have a cogent breakdown of the laws? My feeling is that nothing has really changed.

9 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

If the products being sold contain no THC, then what is actually being sold in these bars? 

Candyland (mentioned in an earlier post) is selling a pipe and a soft drink for 199bht.

Their facebook page advertises 'Lemon Kush' which I've found to be about 10% THC.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1