Home-Grown Marijuana And Hemp Ok From June 9th

webfact

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Candyland (mentioned in an earlier post) is selling a pipe and a soft drink for 199bht.

Their facebook page advertises 'Lemon Kush' which I've found to be about 10% THC.

What kind of experience does 10 percent THC provide?  Doesn’t sound like it’s going to be “Happy Pizza” quality.  ????

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

My guess is Thailand can't completely legalize it due to agreements with the US. It will be like prostitution here...completely illegal and doesn't happen. A foreigner will be an easy mark though

Various fanatics in the USA have been trying for years to criminalize going to Thailand for “Play for Pay”.   I’m surprised they’ve never been successful. The US managed to push FBAR off on the Thai Banking System. Banks really hate those reporting requirements.

15 minutes ago, marcusb said:

I agree, Britman was being conservative. Most of the Kush crosses run 16-22% 

The 'Lemon Kush' my friend grew was 1/2 the potency of 'Critical Orange Punch' or 'Red Diesel'. But the seeds were very cheap, probably because nobody bought them a second time.

If you're gonna spend 3 months growing the plants, why would you grow an inferior strain?

Not all that keen on White Widow or Amnesia either, they also appear 'weak'.

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/23/2022 at 7:26 PM, Kenny202 said:

So is the growing / smoking / possession of normal weed (buds) with stronger THC going to be legal here or not? Obviously extracts and derivative products can't be used or consumed. 

Does anyone know definitively?

What do you think will happen with a deeply Conservative military government that took apparent glee in closing entertainment venues for the past two years? 

Answers on a postcard. 

On 5/22/2022 at 8:29 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The article is not saying that home-grown plants with > 2% are considered narcotics.

It is saying in extract form if they have more than 2% then it would still be considered a narcotic.

With the articles wording it would appear that all high-thc strains are fine, as long as not extracted into concentrates.

By the time this is finalized by the FDA this may change. 

It's quite clear in Thai. 

Anything over 2% THC i. e. buds, hashish, oil etc is a narcotic which is still illegal. 

Anything under 2% THC which is the plant itself, leaves, stems etc. is legal. 

Pattaya is currently awash with ganja though, places selling joints, edibles etc. way beyond the 'allowed' THC percentages, with no police action so this is where people are hoping full legalisation will happen. I think they are going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see that happening under this government. 

Anyone that thinks you can just grow 6 plants and have a kilo bag of bud sitting there and the Police won't do anything clearly hasn't been in Thailand long enough. ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

This will be a goldmine for the corrupt Thai Police and a drain on the bank accounts of many an unwitting tourist and expat. 

It might well be but there  again how is punter going to test  his gear for  legal potency level? My spectrograph analyser doesn't  fit in my wallet.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, dinsdale said:

I wonder if the meth thing would actually be so large if dope was legal. IMO I don't think so. Actually IMO all drugs should be legalised. 

Legalize drugs and ban alcohol. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You uncouth barbarian....    You’d see humanity prevented from the wonders of an 18 yr Glenlivet or a Lagavullin in lieu of a snort of white powder or a toke of wacky baccy ?

Just legalise all recreational drugs and impose strict penalties on those who partake irresponsibly and cause trouble to others. 

(with the exception of those which turn people into psychotic nutcases)... 

2 hours ago, ozz1 said:

A friend of mine just got busted and set up in Patong by the police for carrying a bit of ganja  after heavy interrogation paid 100 k to keep his ass out of jail and nothing reported so I can't see the police giving their cash crop  in a hurry so be aware they are not your friends

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

This will be a goldmine for the corrupt Thai Police and a drain on the bank accounts of many an unwitting tourist and expat. 

All the more reason to legalise weed properly, especially if the government want to stamp out corruption.

• Like 1

Have they ever clearly defined that the use of ganga for recreational purposes will be completely legal, and that the spectacularly corrupt RTP will be instructed to STOP making arrests, and attempting to extract 100,000 baht bribes from people, to avoid arrest? 

Have they ever defined the legality of possession? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Guess you didn't think this one through. Alcohol is great (not talking about the swill that's passed off for beer/spirits here) but sadly some do not know their limits and cannot handle it. I've had some very fine red wines/beers/stouts/ales/whiskey/whisky etc in my life as have millions of others over the times. Ban it? NUP.  Back to the days of prohibition you think? Of course your statement is somewhat contradictory as in if you legalise drugs you can't ban alcohol. LOL.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, mtls2005 said:

Ah yes, waxing poetically about thai sticks. For the most part <deleted> brick weed wrapped onto sticks, and sold for a premium. Might have been the first thai scam?

AFAIK, no plan for thai sticks, except maybe to dupe tourists?

You must have had a bad dealer, in 1974 it was better then anything, but cost half a weeks dole money!

• Like 1

Could somebody tell me what "extracted substance with more than 2 per cent of THC" means? An extract would range from say 30 to 100% if it is to qualify as a useful extract. If the extract turns out below 2% the plant itself must contain vanishing amounts.

27 minutes ago, proton said:

You must have had a bad dealer, in 1974 it was better then anything, but cost half a weeks dole money!

Use to come into Oz in 44 gallon drums welded to the bottom of cargo ships. When it was over ???? the fake stuff was laced with horse tranqualizer. 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:37 AM, Thunglom said:

are the police now equipped to test drivers who may be under the influence of marijuana?

While NORML strongly opposes drug use on the job, we think no one should be forced to submit to urine testing, especially for marijuana. Aside from launching a legal challenge, your best defense against urine testing is to be clean. Unfortunately, this may be difficult since urine tests may detect marijuana 1-5 days after an occasional use, 1-3 weeks in regular users, and 4-6 weeks in multiple daily users. Since urine tests do not detect the psychoactive ingredient of marijuana, THC, but rather other, nonactive metabolites, they in no way measure impairment

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

While NORML strongly opposes drug use on the job, we think no one should be forced to submit to urine testing, especially for marijuana. Aside from launching a legal challenge, your best defense against urine testing is to be clean. Unfortunately, this may be difficult since urine tests may detect marijuana 1-5 days after an occasional use, 1-3 weeks in regular users, and 4-6 weeks in multiple daily users. Since urine tests do not detect the psychoactive ingredient of marijuana, THC, but rather other, nonactive metabolites, they in no way measure impairment

Yes -I think we are all aware of this, so how are the police going to test for marijuana?

From the other cannabis post ..............................

"The department will put suggestions forward to the Ministry of Public Health in an upcoming meeting on May 30TH.  The proposed penalty for those causing “public nuisance” by cannabis smoke should firstly be warned.  Failures to stop, could result in up to one month in jail, a fine of up to 2,000 baht, or both."

So firstly warnings, then a fine up to 2,000bht for repeated offences.

I'm OK with that!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 10:14 AM, BritManToo said:

The 'Lemon Kush' my friend grew was 1/2 the potency of 'Critical Orange Punch' or 'Red Diesel'. But the seeds were very cheap, probably because nobody bought them a second time.

If you're gonna spend 3 months growing the plants, why would you grow an inferior strain?

Not all that keen on White Widow or Amnesia either, they also appear 'weak'.

In this day and age I would say its impossible to judge what a "strain" will give you. There are no real IBL cannabis strains as far as i'm concerned so these strain labels are very hit and miss and if you plant 10 seeds you are liable to get 10 different phenos as everything has been crossed and back crossed to buggery. The THC % on a seed pack is generally b@ll@cks and one would only ever get anywhere near these percentages if you are growing in prime conditions anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pomchop said:

no idea...my guess is your eyes look red give me 1000 baht or go police station

I think there is a chaotic storm brewing here when a moisture of fines, bribes and sakdina kicks in.

Edited by Thunglom