Butter, Margarine or Fat Spread?

ravip

47 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And do you expect to get an answer to that here? 555 

Why not?

Yes I know, there are many here who post only to increase their post counts with absolutely nothing useful, but also I have found others who post very knowledgeable, useful and helpful posts.

In a public forum, after awhile one knows exactly how to separate the wheat from the chaff... that's life on this planet, I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/chilled-products/cheese-dairy-products/herritage-salted-butter-1kg-approx-weight/

Minimum order 1000 Baht, plus polystyrene boxed shipping about 300 Baht. The shop has a good selection.

I buy mature cheddar there every couple of months.

Can't believe I didn't know about this site! Thanks!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So presumably you eat a high fat diet? What's your BMI?

It's possible to eat normal levels of fat, provided one has trained their metabolism to utilize it rather than sugar. That's the basis of low-carb diets.

BMI can be somewhat misleading. Most midfielders in Australian Rules football fail BMI criteria miserably, because they are all muscle. The preferred method of measurement is skin fold testing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It's possible to eat normal levels of fat, provided one has trained their metabolism to utilize it rather than sugar. That's the basis of low-carb diets.

BMI can be somewhat misleading. Most midfielders in Australian Rules football fail BMI criteria miserably, because they are all muscle. The preferred method of measurement is skin fold testing.

Everyone likes to dismiss BMI when it's too high, ok if elite muscular sports person, not an average person on aseannow.com. What's your BMI?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Quite expensive surprise surprise, 289 baht, Big C, expat shops, Lazada, Shopee. I buy the Tesco own brand version about 90 baht

But do they have it at Lotus's?

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Everyone likes to dismiss BMI when it's too high, ok if elite muscular sports person, not an average person on aseannow.com. What's your BMI?

BMI doesn't work for me.  Put in my numbers for when out of boot camp, best shape ever, and not much different than now, a couple kgs, and has me borderline overweight, then, and overweight now.   That's silly.   

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

BMI doesn't work for me.  Put in my numbers for when out of boot camp, best shape ever, and not much different than now, a couple kgs, and has me borderline overweight, then, and overweight now.   That's silly.   

hard to comment on you, but definitely a majority of people don't understand what "healthy BMI range" looks like. Scotland for example average dress size is 16 and they think it's normal, a friends wife commented my girlfriend was anorexic who was size 10 and healthy for sure, to her size 16 is normal

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

25.9. Resting pulse rate 55 bpm.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not too bad, falls into the overweight range

Family genetics mean I will always battle to get into normal range. OTOH, I'll never have to worry about osteoporosis.

I'd like to be around to see how you compare at age 79, but it's unlikely.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Family genetics mean I will always battle to get into normal range. OTOH, I'll never have to worry about osteoporosis.

I'd like to be around to see how you compare at age 79, but it's unlikely.

From what I've seen, people who exercise seem to lose weight as they get older, eat less etc, lose muscle. I've cracked what I need to do to lose a kg if required, now BMI 22.9, could go lower if I wanted. If I make it to 79 I suspect I'll be similar, and I should add I'm big on carbs and sugar, not sugar phobic

Edited by scubascuba3

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

From what I've seen, people who exercise seem to lose weight as they get older, eat less etc, lose muscle. I've cracked what I need to do to lose a kg if required, now BMI 22.9, could go lower if I wanted. If I make it to 79 I suspect I'll be similar

Quite right, that's why I have daily exercise routines to maintain or build muscle mass. It's a balancing act.

I haven't reduced my food intake, just become more selective in what I eat.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, realviking48 said:

Dr. Ekberg is the best nutritionist on YouTube.... Listen/watch this video and you will learn very much.

It's interesting to note every single product he mentions in the video is a packaged or processed food. Not a single fresh food gets a mention.

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So presumably you eat a high fat diet? What's your BMI?

24.2 I am pretty healthy according to my Doc. Exercise keeps the weight off, and just just cut out sugars and over-processed food.

• Like 1