Boris Johnson - Fresh calls to resign after piss-ups in Downing Street - Partygate

george

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not from the UK but as far as I know Brexit was never an important issue for most people in the country until maybe 2015.

It only became an issue because Cameron wanted to keep a couple of people in his party happy and he gambled and lost.

And then the lies came out and too few people bothered to look at details.

Like: we think our life could be better. There is a politician who wants to change something and he promises us life will get better. Any details? No. Any realistic ideas? No. Let's vote for that, somehow it will get better.

Yeah, or maybe not.

The British people have always objected to a United Europe under German rule.

Hence 2 world wars and Brexit (nobody mention our royal family being German).

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, transam said:

All this fuss over Boris and a beer when the supporters of terrorist groups, Corbyn/Abbott sat as the opposition for a long time in the House..

Even now, we know the opposition leader had a beer with chums....

There's a huge crisis in the East that Boris is involved in, yet folk are concentrating on a couple of beers.....????

Flushing ridiculous...????

Remind us which Kremlin stooge granted a peerage to the son of a KGB agent against the advice of the security services?

Which folk are concentrating on "a couple of beers" other than the Mail and other such right wing rags?

Edited by baboon
<deleted> spellchecker.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't vote to leave the EU!

I didn't vote for Boris or Queen Liz either, both alien lizard people IMHO.

But do believe the EU is effectively under German rule.

Because of the money? The US pays the largest contribution to the UN too. That doesn't mean it controls the UN and that seems to be a sticking point for the far right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't vote to leave the EU!

I didn't vote for Boris or Queen Liz either, both alien lizard people IMHO.

But do believe the EU is effectively under German rule.

I would rather be under German rule than Johnson rule, quite frankly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

He just does as he's told, same as all the western leaders.

On that we can firmly agree. I know another western leader who went down with the ship rather than bow to public opinion on climate change because he just did what he was told by his major donors and benefactors.

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Exactly. They had all the data and decided the rules didn't need to be followed (when they thought the cameras were off). It does indeed make you wonder if the pandemic was as serious as we were told and whether lockdowns actually did more harm than good.

It says absolutely nothing about the pandemic and the necessity for lockdowns/isolations and everything about the sense of entitlement of Johnson and his cronies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s nothing to do with ‘Left/Right’ and everything to do with Boris Johnson’s habitual lying.

The man is a stranger to the truth.

I didn't mean it literally , it was sort of sarcasm .

Left Wingers habitably call everyone that they disagree with  liars .

I have read it about six time today already on these forums .

Although I have nt yet read " pathological liar", although it will probably come soon 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes , many Remainers wanted to be ruled by Brussels/Berlin , they don't want an independent U.K 

Wise, really, given the state of the place...

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

and yet you attack left wingers for calling him a liar even when they are right. Pointiung out that the other side lies too doesn't help much when one side is doing most of the lying.

I am just pointing out that some of the things they said are lies , hardly an attack

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do people vote for a liar like him?

Why do people vote for a party with those incompetent people and that PM?

Because the alternative is worse; a bunch of leftie incompetents.  Rocks and hard places.   

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Because the alternative is worse; a bunch of leftie incompetents.  Rocks and hard places.   

That's probably why they do it, because they know they probably won't have to suffer any consequences. In my country we change governments every ten or 12 years at a minimum just to keep them on the straight and narrow.

https://www.rawstory.com/boris-johnson-the-man-who-always-gets-away-with-it/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m in the UK at the moment, it’s in a shocking mess that is only getting worse.

Millions living in poverty, millions can’t afford their fuel bills, millions skipping meals.

Shortages of skilled workers, shortages of medical staff, shortages of carers, shortages of farm workers.

Supermarket stock selection reduced.

Inflation running at 9% and climbing.

I went to help out at a food bank yesterday, they are struggling to keep up with demand, not just food but basics like tampons and sanitary towels.

And it’s getting worse by the day.

Although in the U.K. living in poverty can be families that earn less than 40 000 GBP per year

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's probably why they do it, because they know they probably won't have to suffer any consequences. In my country we change governments every ten or 12 years at a minimum just to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Our lot wouldnt recognize the straight and narrow if their lives depended on it.  As the great sage once said of politicians: 'if they swallowed nails, they would <deleted> corkscrews'  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Boris behavior should not be a surprise for anybody. He always behaved like that. He was fired several times for lying. He was an incompetent politician before he was elected to be PM.

Why do people vote for a liar like him?

Why do people vote for a party with those incompetent people and that PM?

Part of it is obviously the crazy UK press. But anybody with a brain does not listen to that crazy press.

In a country with informed and educated people Boris wouldn't have a chance to get any important job.

I think the word your looking for is Corbin, I agree Johnson is a lying duplicitous bumbling dishonest pr$ck but I reckon Hitler would've beaten Jeremy