Question ? thought of today ????

They learn a lot from that whiff... if we want to know a lot about someone we need endless conversations and psychological evaluation tests... 

people aren't used to and have trouble accepting some species have superior abilities... 

'everyone knows that ant can't move that rubber tree plant.'

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If dogs have sensitive noses, can smell upto half a mile away, can detect drugs, money from a distance. WHY do they have to sniff a fraction of an inch from each others butt ?

What's up with that ?

Or how a bout this........

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSdVTyetQ/?k=1

Because the dog's nose is so sensitive, then perhaps it needs to get that close, so the smell of it's own "toilet" area won't potentially mask the odours emanating from the "toilet" area of the other dog under scrutiny.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

8 hours ago, sipi said:

One of our regular contributors will be along on a minute with a long scientific explanation.

Only one?  I'm waiting on one, of many contributors, to turn the OP into a political rant.  OBTW, my three dogs have been living together for years but still sniff each other daily.

2 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

Only one?  I'm waiting on one, of many contributors, to turn the OP into a political rant.  OBTW, my three dogs have been living together for years but still sniff each other daily.

They have probably watched Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.  You can't be too careful.

We(my parents when I was a kid) used to have a couple of Irish Wolfhounds crossed with long haired German Shephards( not very good looking but extremely scarey)  - and a Rottweiler(rare at the time) that sat at the front of the drive - no dog came anywhere near our house to smell anything. Funny enough no humans either ????

Edited by Pmbkk

OP - Quite possible it's an aphrodisiac as it's often followed by humping at certain times of the year.

Why is it that a dog can't hear a motorcycle from behind until it nearly get hit but your Thai gf can hear you say "Hello" to another girl from across a crowded, loud disco? :wai:

• Haha 1