Anyone have any experience with an insurance company...WrLife?

Also know as SBC insurance here. 

WrLife is a UK company offering a Local and international plan.

From 20,000 USD and up.

No life insurance offered for my age. 

Rates seem reasonable. 1220 USD per year. Inpatient. 

I hate phone calls, so I will see what you people have to say,,,if anything,.. before investigating further.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

WR Life appears to be registered as an insurance broker in the UK.

Searching on AM Best and Standard and Poors does not result in a match for WR Life, so I don't think there is a long-established major insurance company by that name. 

I would suggest that anyone wishing to do business with WR Life first ask them which insurer actually issues the policy and then look into the insurer's financial security and reputation.

Reputation\reviews are thin on the ground. How do you suggest they check the financial security? get a copy of their audited financial accounts?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Reputation\reviews are thin on the ground. How do you suggest they check the financial security? get a copy of their audited financial accounts?

If WR Life discloses the insurance company or companies they use, then it isn't that difficult to find the Standard and Poors or AM Best ratings of the insurance company. I think a simple Google search using the name of the insurer and "Standard and Poors rating" will often give a result. Here's what shows up when this is done for AXA:

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 14.11.25.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If WR Life discloses the insurance company or companies they use, then it isn't that difficult to find the Standard and Poors or AM Best ratings of the insurance company. I think a simple Google search using the name of the insurer and "Standard and Poors rating" will often give a result. Here's what shows up when this is done for AXA:

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 14.11.25.png

When you say insurance companies, you're saying they aren't an insurance company? how about their underwriters? if any

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

This might be of interest to someone:

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has asked public prosecutors to sue Dr. Boon Vanasin, former chairman of the Thonburi Healthcare Group, for payment of a 2.3 million baht fine.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sec-asks-public-prosecutor-to-help-get-2-3m-fine-from-former-thg-chairman/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

This is an old thread but i have just heard of WrLife which seems to over reasonable healthcare quotes for older expats.  However, reviews on Trustpilot seem to be mostly negative - excuses for not paying claims in full and it is a UK broker unlicensed in Thailand and possibly operating here illegally. So no protection from Thai regulators.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

This is an old thread but i have just heard of WrLife which seems to over reasonable healthcare quotes for older expats.  However, reviews on Trustpilot seem to be mostly negative - excuses for not paying claims in full and it is a UK broker unlicensed in Thailand and possibly operating here illegally. So no protection from Thai regulators.

NB https://aseannow.com/topic/1171655-wrlife-health-insurance-anyone-usedusing-them/?do=findComment&comment=18376064

Popular with expats wanting to buy the cheapest

Some interesting feedback on Trustpilot, but typical of many complaints when people have misunderstood the terms & conditions of their policy or not read the small print.  I think you'd find similar reviews for most health insurers!  Plenty of positive feedback too, which is reassuring.

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good point, or self insure and the money is ready and waiting when you need medical care

Thank you. They have already paid out well in excess of my premiums to date. Just like winning a long-shot bet at the horses.

I will just note on this forum and the Medical & Health forum there regularly occur topics and replies as to how an insurer might find out about one's past medical history if I don't tell them.

Edited by jerrymahoney

This is interesting Facebook posts -- hit the x to get past the login.

https://www.facebook.com/InsuranceWrlife/posts/pfbid0NngRa5qh3fbu7YPnoZpKSrrKReQ7Q7LJbmB9SsVbRE2rbcUC7ZZBUcqmLSK7dS8Sl

including:

#1 Insurance Wrlife

They wouldn't cover me for an operation

But maybe you simply did not tell the truth about your medical history.

It seems that you did not have insurance before because you ignore my question : what was your previous medical insurance? If you have please send a copy to patrick<at>ag-service.org Then you make a cover. Then quite immediately you claim for a medical pre existing condition confirmed by the hospital and a second opinion team.

#2 Insurance Wrlife
This is not true. They cover a lot of people. But some people are lying about their medical history. They are already sick and have no insurance before.

It seems to me, based upon reading Facebook and Google reviews, that they do deny a fair number of claims. That's because they maybe attract persons who have no prior health insurance track record and those people in particular play fast & loose in disclosing any prior medical history.

Then they put in a claim in short order after beginning coverage.

• Like 2