Former British Hua Hin Resident Sentenced For Murder

webfact

British murderer sentenced to eight-years imprisonment for killing and disposing of Thai bar girl in Kanchanaburi in 2014

By Nop Meechukhun

image.jpeg

Kanchanaburi – British national Shane Kenneth Looker was sentenced to an eight-year imprisonment by the Kanchanaburi Court today, May 31st, for killing 27-year-old Thai woman Laxami Manochat in a hotel room and disposing of her body in the Mae Klong River, Kanchanaburi in 2014.

Prior to the murder, Laxami and Looker were captured on CCTV leaving Nana Plaza in Bangkok on November 1st, 2014, before reportedly entering a hotel together.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Only Looker was reportedly seen leaving the hotel afterward with a large suitcase. The suitcase containing her body was found in the Mae Klong River on November 9th.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/31/british-murderer-sentenced-to-eight-years-imprisonment-for-killing-and-disposing-of-thai-bar-girl-in-kanchanaburi-in-2014/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if the scumbags family have started a go fund me page to pay them off ! Shameful Thailand, guy should never walk free, he is a danger to society

I hope the family has disowned him, he can sell his property in Ibiza, he won't be needing that again.

• Like 2

I hope he has to pay that fine before any early release is discussed.

What happened to the property he had in "for Hua Hin where he owned a property." area ?  Hope that went to the ladies kin.

Edited by IAMHERE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s too bad. If anyone deserves the death penalty, then it would be this POS.

Totally agree 

I remember this case and Looks like he's got of very lightly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Other countries he has been in should be looking at unsolved murders in areas where he stayed.

Kind of reminds me of Joran Van Der Sloot.  Who killed women in several countries, one of which was Thailand(allegedly).

Has zero to do with Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 years ....a local man ,killed his wife with homemade shotgun,

many mitigating circumstances , his appointed lawyer  it was his

first case ! ,after he shot her,came to his senses and took his wife

straight to hospital, 30 years ,cut in half because pleaded guilty

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2